Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:39:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 536
Total: 536

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What do adults do for fun?  (Read 8246 times)

Offline delilah07

What do adults do for fun?
« on: February 21, 2021, 10:18:03 pm »
I'm looking for ideas. I don't drink or use substances. I tried crochet, knitting, and guitar. I figured out I actually would need a guitar teacher. So back to my question... What do adults do for fun?

Offline joemutt

Re: What do adults do for fun?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 01:47:30 am »
I paint, draw, garden, work out, take care of animals.

Offline Mindless

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 05:41:11 am »
I'm quite introverted, so I don't need much socialization outside family and work, therefore spend my spare time working out, reading and watching movies (not tv though)
Dx Feb. 2018, CD 320, %14

- Atripla Feb/18 -->
- Complera (generic) 2019 -->
- Dovato (generic) 2021 -->

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 12:51:42 pm »
Walk in the hills/parks, read books, watch movies, play computer games, photography, cooking.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 02:21:29 pm »
Read,go for walks,exercise and maybe learn certain things (how to cook). You can take up a new hobby,go to university or go to a tech school.

Offline delilah07

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 01:42:07 am »
I paint, draw, garden, work out, take care of animals.

Do you go to a gym to work out?
 I want to start working out but I am not motivated at times. But I have been using an app to count my calories.

Offline delilah07

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 01:46:39 am »
I'm quite introverted, so I don't need much socialization outside family and work, therefore spend my spare time working out, reading and watching movies (not tv though)

I’m introverted. At least I think I am. People have called me timid. I just don’t want to upset people.
So I keep to myself. Except at work I began talking with coworkers.

Offline delilah07

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 01:48:11 am »
Walk in the hills/parks, read books, watch movies, play computer games, photography, cooking.

I purchased Ghostbusters for PS4 the other day. I plan to play it this weekend when I have a day off. Thanks for the idea.

Offline Loa111

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 03:32:51 am »
I like going to the gym for weights, jogging, martial arts, swim, reading books, going for a stroll, sitting in a coffee shop or coffee outside people watching. Trying to get my kids away from video games n do outside activities with me lol.

I find as I get older I’ve become introverted n quiet. Right now with lockdowns I can’t do much of the things I like but hey that’s ok, still can walk, jog n read. :)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 07:13:08 am »
jigsaw puzzles. We do about 40 puzzles a year from Oct to Mar. (I only do puzzles in the winter months because my summer months are spent working in the yard or swimming in my pool).

this photomosaic puzzle (the kind where the picture is made up of thousands of tiny images) took nearly 80 hrs  - and that was with using a magnifying glass and close-up photos of the poster that came with the puzzle. While we keep the puzzles we like and re-do them years later, this was the hardest puzzle I've ever done, so I puzzle-glued it together and I'm going to frame it.

(look there in the lower right hand corner and you'll see 2 more puzzles lined up to do. Btw we actually pick up a lot of puzzles at thrift stores. Make sure to only get boxes that someone has taped up. So far out of dozens of thrift store purchases, we have only had one puzzle that was missing one piece)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline kentfrat1783

• Instagram: kentfrat1783
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 07:52:14 pm »
Well for me, I like going to a NASCAR race or watching it on TV.  Luckily there are still keeping attendance down so we can enjoy it.  Now if I would have ever said I'd be addicted to this 3 years ago I would have called you crazy but times change. 
Date - CD4 - Percent - VL
08/23/23 - 366 - 26%
06/20/23 - 349 - 21% - UD
04/15/23 - 229 - 19% - <20
11/14/22 - 486 - 24% - 73
10/12/22 - 316 - 19% - <20
06/20/22 - 292 - 21% - <20
01/25/22 - 321 - 22% - <20
09/22/21 - 278 - 19% - <20
02/02/21 - 225 - 19% - <20
06/08/20 - 257 - 20% - <20
03/17/20 - 285 - 19% - 101 (2.00)
12/17/19 - 290 - 20% - <20
09/17/19 - 218 - 16%
06/18/19 - 173 - 16% - <20
03/13/19 - 170 - 16% - <20
January 2019 - Started Triumeq
12/05/08 - 174 - 18% - <20
08/28/18 - 166 - 15% - <20
05/08/18 - 106 - 11% - <20
03/05/18 -   90 - 10% - <20
12/11/17 -   60 -   8%
09/07/17 -   42 -   6% - 54 (1.70)
May 2017 - Started Atripla
05/11/17 -    2 -    1% - 169,969 (5.23)
OI's: PCP
Dx`d May 11, 2017

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2021, 02:21:43 pm »
As of lately plenty of yard work to do but usually I go for hike or ride my bike.. and reward myself with something yummy from a food truck. 😋

When it's raining I read a book or just vegout in front of the TV watching a movie since theaters are out.

Offline fabio

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2021, 08:26:49 pm »
jigsaw puzzles. We do about 40 puzzles a year from Oct to Mar. (I only do puzzles in the winter months because my summer months are spent working in the yard or swimming in my pool).

this photomosaic puzzle (the kind where the picture is made up of thousands of tiny images) took nearly 80 hrs  - and that was with using a magnifying glass and close-up photos of the poster that came with the puzzle. While we keep the puzzles we like and re-do them years later, this was the hardest puzzle I've ever done, so I puzzle-glued it together and I'm going to frame it.

(look there in the lower right hand corner and you'll see 2 more puzzles lined up to do. Btw we actually pick up a lot of puzzles at thrift stores. Make sure to only get boxes that someone has taped up. So far out of dozens of thrift store purchases, we have only had one puzzle that was missing one piece)
Wow,that looks awesome and very time consuming. It is quite the creative thing because you could keep those as portraits and frame them. I remember a guy that used to do that.
I used to have a lot of hobbies in the past. I was in the island's local brass band (which I also got money for it hehe) playing the tuba from age 8-17. I used to be really good at it,so much so that the conductor wanted me to do it professionally. I didnt though because,although I love music, it became a chore and the pressure was a lot.
It did turn out well because I was quite stressed when I had to do 4 hours ,5 says a week worth of practice. I did enjoy the money though....It did get me my first mp3 player haha.

Offline fabio

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2021, 08:29:44 pm »
As of lately plenty of yard work to do but usually I go for hike or ride my bike.. and reward myself with something yummy from a food truck. 😋

When it's raining I read a book or just vegout in front of the TV watching a movie since theaters are out.
I used to cycle a lot too,when I didnt have uni haha. Although I do read,but for my midterms 😢. I miss reading for fun. Last thing I had read was "the last unicorn" .

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.