Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:47:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 301
Total: 303

Author Topic: I'm undetectable been consistently taking my medicine but I'm scared  (Read 6146 times)

Offline Cardinals529

I've been taking biktarvy like the doctors told me. They told me I was undetectable back in June. I've been consistently taking my medication everyday at 4:30am. I've started seeing this guy I met on grindr. We've used condoms the two times we had sex and he wants to continue seeing me but has implied he wants to stop using condoms. I'm nervous, I like him alot and I'd just die if I compromise his health in any way.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Hiya,

Look, once you have achieved an undetectable viral load* for at least six months, and continue to take your meds, you can not sexually transmit HIV. * https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=71864.0

You are not there yet; until then, I can't stress enough about using condoms correctly and constantly, with no exceptions. Even after six months, I would recommend condoms just to reduce your potential exposure to other STIs.

I tell my partners upfront, so it's not an issue, but understand that boat has sailed on this occasion. So unless you want to share your HIV status, and I would urge caution as some places still consider it a crime if you don't disclose upfront,  then I would tell the other person you want to use condoms for your own protection, and it's not negotiable at this time.

Hopefully, they will respect this limit, and if they don't, then prehaps it's time to move on, but don't put them at risk; If they end up acquiring HIV, it could end up being a criminal issue depending on where you live, and you don't want that.

On a personal note, if they ended up acquiring HIV from you, I would be the first to say they knew the risk regardless of whether or not you shared your status, but my personal opinions don't mean much. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 04:08:26 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
P.S

Besides the safer sex questions, you have posted so far if you want support from the forum community on other issues or just want to talk about living with HIV, feel free to post an introduction in the "I Just tested positive" section.

I would love to hear how you are getting on.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Cardinals529

P.S

Besides the safer sex questions, you have posted so far if you want support from the forum community on other issues or just want to talk about living with HIV, feel free to post an introduction in the "I Just tested positive" section.

I would love to hear how you are getting on.

Thank you so much

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.