Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:52:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 612
Total: 615

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies I need your opinions....  (Read 7793 times)

Offline jshort

Ladies I need your opinions....
« on: July 03, 2008, 05:05:06 pm »
Ok heres the deal. I need to know if Im crazy, lol. My boyfriend goes out almost every saterday. Not anything crazy, just either to his friends house to play video games and have a few beers or out with the guys. Im annoyed because I feel that he shouldn't go out EVERY weekend, he's 30 years old with a family. I think once in awhile is fine, not every  sat. He says he works all week and should be able to go out every saterday because he doesnt think its all that often. If all his friends are busy he looks for people to go out with, he literally can't stay home. So do you guys think Im overreacting?? Should I just let him go out and not say anything?? I need your opinions....

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Re: Ladies I need your opinions....
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 05:25:04 pm »
It just plain wouldn't happen with me. That's the kind of thing you do when you aren't a family man.
I couldn't be with a man who did not want to spend his free time with me. And God help him if I had children with him and he didn't want to spend his time off with his kids and me. Or if he expected me to watch his children <not mine> while he went out and played with the boys. Uh, No. That wouldn't happen.

Going out every once in a blue moon would be ok as long as he was home in a reasonable condition and at a reasonable hour and we both agreed to the locations he was visiting. But not every weekend.

Also I don't see men who go to titty bars. If my guy wants to spend money on a woman it better be me.

If he wants male company suggest he invite his friends over to the house sometimes. See how he reacts. I would be suspect of him if he refused.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 05:50:21 pm »
Well Jshort, I really can't tell you exactly what to do.  That is totally up to you.  But, if it were me, I wouldn't want him going out every Saturday night.  I would want him to stay home and babysit sometime so I could go out.  In other words, there's taking and giving in any successful relationship.  I would also want to spend some Saturday nights with him, and also have him spend time with his kids. 

That's probably not much help.  Good luck with what you decide to do.
  Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 05:55:23 pm »
Personally I don't see anything wrong with it, if he works hard all week then I think he deserves a night out with his friends, if he is spending 6 nights a week  with you and the family I don't see what the problem is, my hubby goes out every Friday night to see his mates at the muso's club, unless something comes up on a Friday night and we are both invited, he works hard during the day and I trust him.

If he is only having a few beers with friends and coming home to you I don't see what you have to worry about..although I think you will have problems if you start telling him he can't do this and he can't do that, and telling him where and where he can and can't go is just asking for trouble...if he is not getting into trouble on his nights out then yes, I think you are over reacting, you wanted opinions, well that's mine.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 06:29:31 pm »
Frankly?

You're overreacting.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 06:36:27 pm »
I'm going to do something I don't do very often, if ever.  I'm going to ride the fence.  When Hubby was working 70hrs / wk and commuting over 120 miles / day just to get to work, and only had  2 days off while I was home with 6 children and managing the house by myself, then YES I do believe that I would go ballistic if he went "out with the guys" EVERY week.  Not to mention that we've never had the money for such a thing, I needed a break from the kids, and the kids needed to see their Dada.  It had nothing to do with trust, i trust him whole-heartedly or I wouldn't be married to him. That's one side of the fence.

On the other side, now that we both work from home and the 8 of us are together nearly 24/7, we each take a day "off".  We each get 1 full day off, away from the house, to do what we want (except I'm not allowed to do the grocery shopping :P).  It has nothing to do with wanting to be with buddies as much as it has to do with just needing some down time.  

Maybe what you should do is make a compromise.  He can go out every other Saturday with his buddies and you get to go out every other Saturday with your buddies, or alone.  Or, if he gets to go out on Saturday night, then you get to go out on Friday night.  Or, Friday night is designated family night and you split Saturdays.  Or, maybe ask about having his friends over to your house with their wives.  Just a couple of suggestions.  But, with the wee ones, I understand that you, too, need some time off.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 07:12:59 pm »
My ideas of whats right in a relationship isn't universal and is definitely not right for everyone. I'm fairly selfish with my man. I want pretty much most his free time. He is my best friend and there is no one else I'd rather be around.

My girlfriend on the other hand, she hardly ever sees her husband because he travels a lot. For her personality that works out very well. I think if she where made to spend more time with her husband she might go nuts.

My late husband fooled around so that makes me leary of my partner prefering to spend down time with someone other than me. I know not every man is a cheat but thats just the way my mind works.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 07:24:20 pm »
Wendy, I was so afraid that Hubby and I would kill each other after being together all the time.  It took a while to adjust, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I'm with you on the selfish, Win.  I married my best friend and can't imagine being without him.  But, I do like my day "off" when I don't have to cook, change diapers, or clean.  But, I get to sit in the park and read, or go to the library, or have lunch with a friend.  It's very renewing.

Mum (who hopes I didn't just hijack the thread - sorry!)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 07:33:09 pm »
LOL Well since my baby is all grown up and living away from home so I have a lot of alone time.
Billy actually does too if you count all the time he is driving from here to there and everywhere. LOL
He also wakes up in the middle of the night and eats sweets and watches tv.

That's gotta count  ;D  Technically I am not married but we consider ourselves as married. So I'm married to my best friend as well.

Ok I'm done hijacking...

Offline jshort

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 07:36:35 pm »
see i asked because im a bit on the fence aswell. I know he deserves to go out because he does work hard, but im just weird about the EVERY sat thing. honestly maybe its a bit of jealousy cause im stuck home all the time. who knows, ive decided to keep my mouth shut and just let it fly, i will admit im a control freak and a real bitch sometimes i dont take much crap so if i believed he was up to no good i wouldnt be with him. i guess i just dont get why he comes home and imediatly feels he has to make plans and run out. I kinda have the "what about us" feeling. whatever, it will play out however it will play out but i guess i should just keep my reservations to myself in order to avoid further conflict....

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 08:18:45 pm »
I read a really cute suggestion for the man that likes to go out with his buddies.

Before he leaves, Open up your lingerie drawer filled with a bunch of sexy lingerie. Let him pick out something and tell him that you will have "his choice" on when he gets home. Then you will know that while he is watching the game or what ever he's thinking about you in "his choice".

LOL

Offline Victory101

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 04:15:39 pm »
Jshort, don't know how old your kids are but I think if I was in your shoes i wouldn't like it as well. I would want some of ME time as well ie either he takes out the kids and leaves me home alone or I go out alone to meet my friends.  When my hubby is free, he goes out with the kids and I really appreciate that time to myself.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 08:15:55 pm »
see i asked because im a bit on the fence aswell. I know he deserves to go out because he does work hard, but im just weird about the EVERY sat thing. honestly maybe its a bit of jealousy cause im stuck home all the time. who knows, ive decided to keep my mouth shut and just let it fly, i will admit im a control freak and a real bitch sometimes i dont take much crap so if i believed he was up to no good i wouldnt be with him. i guess i just dont get why he comes home and imediatly feels he has to make plans and run out. I kinda have the "what about us" feeling. whatever, it will play out however it will play out but i guess i should just keep my reservations to myself in order to avoid further conflict....

Girl, please, what is good for the goose is good for the gander, no need to be mad about the situation. If he can go out and spend every Saturday with his boys which I can relate to somewhat because I am a gamer myself, then you can go out with your girls. I assume you have some. Video games not your thing? You know they can be fun depending on what you are into. Just saying...

Anyhoo, this can go many ways but if you both are going to be out or even if you go out once in awhile, make his ass pay for the babysitter. Or how about he invite his boys over to play video games while he watches the kids? So, you can go out and he can spend time with his boys at your crib. Just make sure they clean up behind themselves and are out the door by the time you get home. I wouldn't just clam up and say nothing but he should compromise and give you the chance to get a break.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline mahalia

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 08:11:50 am »
i definitely know i would have a problem with this one too. every sat?!!!i dont knw, thing is its bothering jshort, have u tried tellin him how u feel bout the whole arrangement? a relatnship involves 2parties, so it just shud not b bout him. try to work out a program that wud suit the both u, such that he makes tym for u, for the kids, and u to also go out and have fun n seein his boys. i appreciat his wantin to go out but thy shud also be a balance in doin things. worst mistake is keeping things to urself to avoid a conflict, like i said earlier on, tell him how that makes u feel n what u would love to see goin on. hope u also not too controllin n wanting him by side all the tym, it can strenuous u knw n actually boring!!!hahaha! all the best

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.