Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:14:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 161
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: is infection possible from licking used/worn panties?  (Read 20612 times)

Offline worriedguy

is infection possible from licking used/worn panties?
« on: August 24, 2006, 10:46:22 pm »
on day 35, i tested negative on the HIV-1 Qualitative test. i think that was the DNA PCR test. the antibody test was also negative. how conclusive is this result? what do you say?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 09:12:31 pm by worriedguy »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: contracted gonorrhea via oral sex on guy, possibly HIV too?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 10:51:12 pm »
Worried,

First up gonorrhoea is much more prevalent in the community and more contagious than HIV. Fortunately it's 100% curable. Gonorrhoea does make the transmission of HIV easier.

You can take an HIV antibody test in the 4th week, but if it comes back negative, then you will need to take another one at 12-13 weeks. I strongly discourage you from having a PCR test performed since PCR testing has a tendency to produce false positive results. You had unprotected sex, you're just gonna have to wait out the 13 week window period.

Please take the time to read our sparkling Welcome Thread.

MtD

Offline worriedguy

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 11:28:45 pm »
everything was oral. there was no intercourse. i am just wondering how i could have gotten gonorrhea. maybe from rubbing our penises together? i don't think i could get it from giving him unprotected oral sex, could i?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 11:32:58 pm »
Worried,

Diseases like gonorrhoea, chlamydia and syphilis can be spread through oral sex both receptive and insertive.

MtD

Offline worriedguy

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 11:35:40 pm »
thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 05:03:38 am »
Worried,

It all depends on where you tested positive for gonorrhea. If they took a swab from your throat, you got it from giving him oral. If they took a swab from your penis or a urine test, you got it from his throat when he gave you oral. Yes, you can have gonorrhea in your throat.

Hiv is not spread through getting a blowjob, and only very, very rarely when giving a blowjob as the mouth is a very inhospitable environment for hiv. Gonorrhea yes, hiv no.

It's very unlikely that you would have become infected with hiv from this encounter.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline worriedguy

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 10:49:39 am »
ann:
i really want to thank you SO MUCH for giving me a piece of mind before i get tested for HIV. i am going to go in for antibody testing on day 28 (my day off) and follow it up 2 weeks later.

Offline worriedguy

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 10:50:48 am »
they did not swab me. i just noticed that i had condensed-milk-like fluid slowly coming out of the penis so i went to the docotr and he saw that and gave me a shot + doxycycline. i assume i got it from him giving me oral.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 10:55:38 am »
That's not the way to know if you have gonorrhea. You could have had non-specific urethritis. Without the test, you'll never know. It's to late to find out now you have had the medication that takes care of both.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 10:56:50 am »
they did not swab me. i just noticed that i had condensed-milk-like fluid slowly coming out of the penis so i went to the docotr and he saw that and gave me a shot + doxycycline. i assume i got it from him giving me oral.

Well a "condensed milk" discharge from your peeny is certainly something that a doctor should look at. I would recommend treatment with doxycycline and ciprofloxacine. Given you've had a discharge you should have been swabbed and asked to wee in a jar.

MtD

Offline worriedguy

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 10:57:47 am »
oh i see

Offline worriedguy

gonorrhea symptoms, persist DURING illness?
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 06:40:27 am »
right now i am in the process of curing gonorrhea with doxycycline. i sometimes experience slight pain in my my left testicle and part of the left groin/thigh area at times. is this normal while i go through the process of curing gonorrhea? i am 4 days into my 10 day regimen.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: gonorrhea symptoms, persist DURING illness?
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 06:48:00 am »
worried,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

As with any bacterial infection being treated with antibiotics, it certainly can take a few days of treatment before the symptoms subside. Be patient and take your meds exactly as prescribed. If you're still having pain on Monday, go back to your doc.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline worriedguy

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 06:43:56 pm »
ann, would you happen to know the antibody test success rate at 3 weeks?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 07:05:15 pm »
Here is what happens. You take a test at 3 weeks, negative result, you still have to take on at 13 weeks.

Offline worriedguy

men with gonorrhea are 2-5 times more likely to shed HIV in their semen
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2006, 01:12:38 pm »
i didn't realize that men with gonorrhea are 2-5 times more likely to shed HIV in their semen than those without. that is an ASTRONOMICALLY higher percentage :(

Offline worriedguy

cost of HIV meds?
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 01:01:52 am »
on average, what is the monthly cost of HIV medicines? also, if you are not working, does the govt. help you with buying them?

Offline foster2006

• My home page
Re: cost of HIV meds?
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 01:10:12 am »
Average Cost is at least $1500

Yes help can be from government or even some of the companies

11/21/2006 CD4        VL <50
10/02/2006 CD4 1034 VL 114
09/06/2006 CD4 1595 VL   87
08/02/2006 CD4 1266 VL <50
06/07/2006 CD4 1412 VL <50

Diagnosed 10/18/2004
Truvada(1x day) & Maraviroc (2x day)

Offline worriedguy

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 01:10:41 am »
thank you

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 01:51:32 am »
mine run about 3500 per month.  With my insurance it costs me about 35 per month.
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Offline allanq

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 02:28:17 am »
worriedguy,

Where do you live? Is there an AIDS service organization near you? If so, it might be a good idea to set up an appointment to speak to someone who can help guide you through the different sources of assistance that you may qualify for. Even if you are not ready for meds, it will probably ease your worries to know about these things in advance.

You can also call Project Inform. They have a toll-free hotline. They can help steer you in the right direction. The number is 800-822-7422. I used to do volunteer work at Project Inform in San Francisco, and I know they are an excellent source of information.

Here's a link to their website: http://projinf.org

Allan

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 05:04:42 am »
worried,

I merged the thread you started in the Living forum into your thread here. If you'd bothered to read the Welcome Thread like I asked you to in reply #12, you would know that not only should you not be starting new threads, you absolutely should NOT be starting them in the Living forum. Please get with the program!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedguy

ARS symptoms...test pos. in the midst?
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 05:34:29 pm »
is it possible to test negative while going through the onset of ARS symptoms?

Offline Matty the Damned

Re: ARS symptoms...test pos. in the midst?
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006, 05:54:11 pm »
Worried,

Why have you started a new thread? Please keep your thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. If you can't find it click on the "Show own posts" link to your left.

Curious,

You have been asked repeatedly to stop hijacking other peoples threads. Stay in your own thread please. And read our Welcome Thread which contains our posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: ARS symptoms...test pos. in the midst?
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006, 06:26:40 pm »
Worried,

This is the THIRD time I've had to merge your threads. Please read the Posting Guidelines in the Welcome Thread and get with the program!

If a person tests while they are actually seroconverting, they will normally either test inconclusive or positive.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedguy

is infection possible from licking used/worn panties?
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2006, 09:40:27 am »
is it possible to get infected with a STD or HIV doing what is listed below?

for reasons of "safe sex," i buy used panties from women who pee or who cum inside them. i take those panties, smell them, and then masturbate. now, my question is if i LICK the used panties (once they have dried out from their original state for about a week), do i have any chance of contracting a STD or HIV?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: is infection possible from licking used/worn panties?
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2006, 10:45:12 am »
worried,

This is the FOURTH time I've had to merge your threads. You don't seem to read a single reply that is written to you, so why should we even bother answering your questions?

Go read the Transmission Lesson that is linked to in the Welcome thread - the Welcome thread that you have been asked to read numerous times - and answer your own question. This is basic stuff and you should have already read and understood by now.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.