Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:57:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772948
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 454
Total: 454

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Good thoughts/positive vibes/candles requested  (Read 20740 times)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Re: Good thoughts/positive vibes/candles requested
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2006, 05:51:06 pm »
Peace, Love and Light to you and Benjamin.

In Sadness, your friend, Tim.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006, 06:50:55 pm »
Hello Jonathan,

I want you to know how sorry I am to hear about the passing of Ringo,I do understand how difficult this must be for you.I raised some wonderful, loving little exotic pets throughout the years, and it was always such a difficult time, dealing with their passing. It's never easy...

My Deepest Sympathies------Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2006, 11:11:33 pm »
Jonathan,

I'm so sorry and saddened to hear of Ringo's passing.  At least he had his two best friends and the loves of his life there with him.

My heart goes out to you.

Hugs,

Phil
Member since March 2004

Offline Robert

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2006, 12:12:56 am »
Jonathan.....

I'm so sad.  I'm bawling my head off.

sorry....

robt

Offline Christine

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2006, 11:03:14 am »
Absolutely!! Good thoughts and prayers going out to all of you!
Christine

I apologize, I did not read down through all the posts first. i am very sorry for your loss. My husband had a ferret, Stewie, when we first met, and she passed a few years ago.

Have you heard of the Rainbow Bridge?
The Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of Heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge. When an animal
dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the
Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends
so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and
sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;
those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we
remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each
miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops
and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body
begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green
grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your
special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to
be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again
caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes,
so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...
taken from http://www.canine-epilepsy.com/petloss.html

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 11:18:22 am by Christine »
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline bluelove

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2006, 08:04:08 pm »
I am so sorry foy your loss.

You and Benjamin are in thoughts and prayers.

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2006, 08:07:39 pm »
Aw My thoughts and prayers are with you and your lovely friend.....hug and kiss
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2006, 10:00:00 pm »
Oh Jonathon..I just caught up with your post..I was so sad to hear about Ringo, with all those lovely stories you told me you have been left with some beautiful memories of him.

Thinking of you.

(((hugs)))
Jan :'(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2006, 12:12:44 am »
Dear Jonathan,

I can feel that lump in your throat, remember it all too well.
I'm so sorry.

I'll share my Reilly story, not to be selfish....but just to say that Ringo will be around for awhile for you, as Reilly was and is for me.

Reilly....

Reilly was my best friend and how I met my other best friend as we had Golder Retriever littermates and met at puppy school.  Reilly was the kind of dog you wait a lifetime for, and my friend was someone you only get a brief time to be with, but a friendship that forever changes you.  There was something about Reilly that was so unmistakable, so pure, that anyone who met him felt something special, albeit indescribable.  Sure he was a beautiful showdog (unsuccessful because the judge told him he was cute and he sat down and barked his thanks), but there was that 'something' about him. I could be walking down the street with him and the strange bus driver would stop to ask about him.  Everyone loved that dog, family, vets across the country, neighbors, friends...always asked about Reilly first. Even the Cargo guys at Air Canada would spring him loose to let him run around the terminal...a big no-no.  Reilly is how I became aware of HIV, for that same best friend died shortly thereafter from AIDS, and I was left with the two dogs for a very short time.  Having a golden was his dying wish, and on his gravestone is an etching of him and his dog. 

Reilly meant more to me than anything.  He judged (correctly) the men in my life and would find a way to show his disapproval or fear.  Sometimes he lived with my parents, when I had to travel or move across Canada, so he just built a bigger fan base, with neighbors dropping in to take him for walks.  He loved drive thrus and always managed to score a treat.  He was terrifed of bagpipes as I found out when I took him to a parade once.  More people wanted to watch Reilly than the parade, and he had so many friends IN the parade it was a complete debaucle because the kids stopped to say...LOOK there's REILLY, and he went nuts.  That was always the way with him.  I walked him down the aisle at my sister's wedding, he promptly rolled over and did this crazy upside down thing for the whole group...its hysterical when the bride has to step over the dog and no one minds...because it was Reilly afterall. 

I was traveling again...and I came home and Reilly wouldn't get up one evening and I just knew it had to be bad.  I got the phone call from the vet with news of anemia and my heart sank.  I had to leave for an interview the next day for two days and returned on the Sunday afternoon, he seemed bright, he seemed ok....so I let him sleep with me on the couch all day, but I knew.  By the next morning, we had to rush him to the vet and I had to put him to sleep, knowing he had struggled to wait for me to return to him to say goodbye. He never had a chance with such a raging cancer either.  I felt his soul leave in the same matter you describe and the pain of realizing the stark difference between him...and his poor body.  I don't think its normal that everyone in the clinic was crying that day...even the seasoned ones were devastated by the loss of my little old man.

For months after he would visit me.  Sometimes in a dream, sometimes a warning that something needed to be checked.  We got a new puppy later that year and Reilly's favorite sticks fell over twice for no reason...just as the puppy would be getting into trouble.  About a year ago I dreamed that Reilly came back to make sure I was ok, and that I hadn't forgotten him despite the new dogs.  Its still completely vivid in my mind, not a normal dream.

I planted a red dogwood with white flowers in the yard....it bloomed the next year exactly on the day he died, sure its a coincidence, and I knew it was a spring flowering type....but I got my first message from Consumed that same day two years later.   Those trees still bloom June 2nd.  Maybe I'm clownshit crazy, but I know I've felt Reilly at times when I really needed him.  Its not so often now, but still....he remains.

I wish that for you Jonathan.  I've accepted Reilly's passing, even moved on and loved new pets but there is nothing like my Reilly. 

To Ringo...
Sae.
Meh.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2006, 09:50:13 am »
I am so very sorry for your heart. I know that Ringo's loss has devastated you, and Benjamin.
I've been in tears, since yesterday afternoon when I came across this thread.
This time it was my turn to clutch, and kiss my little furry Princess in the inconsolable sorrow for your beloved friend.
Sweetie, and I send gentle hugs, and kisses to you and Benjamin.
We love you. and are here if you ever need to talk. :'(
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.