Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:10:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 340
Total: 340

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Deliberately infected  (Read 83718 times)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Deliberately infected
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2008, 10:02:20 pm »
Takes the 150th Post!!!

W00T!!!1!

MtD

Offline fraidknot

« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2008, 10:12:58 pm »
Sweetheart,

I'm afraid the law is an ass.

Do you videotape every sexual encounter? Unless you do, I fail to see how you have "proof". It's your word against his. How do we know that one of your other Dominate Tops didn't infect you before you even laid eyes on this guy?

Ann

You ASSUME as you have from the beginning to know more than you do. My ONE Dominant is negative after being tested twice. The other people involved besides the man who infected me have all tested negative. I have seen all the results.

It is not my word against his. I have proof, another human being in the room, when I had sex with him, the first time. He did not disclose.

Now why don't you do your job as a moderator and try to maintain some sort of moderation instead of allowing the favored members of your posse to run rough shod over people they don't like.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2008, 10:22:42 pm »
Fraid,

You assume things yourself. You assume we don't like you. What we actually don't like is when people don't take responsibility for their own actions, but instead take legal action and play the victim. You want to be a victim, well, good luck with that.

There has been nothing to moderate in this thread so far. We allow people to voice opinions in these forums, whether you like it or not. This freedom of speech, by the way, has also applied to you. Haven't you noticed? Of course not, you only seem to see what you want to.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2008, 10:31:39 pm »
It is not my word against his. I have proof, another human being in the room, when I had sex with him, the first time. He did not disclose.

I wish you the best of luck. It never occurred to me that you would have a witness in the same room. That wouldn't be a norm for my life therefore it isn't something I considered.
I whole heartedly agree that a person should disclose their status prior to any risky behavior.

I'll pass on reading the entire thread. My intent was a simple question. I do not intend on getting involved in a heated angry discussion.

Are you receiving any counseling?

Offline wishihadacat

• Therainstorm.com
« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2008, 10:31:49 pm »
The Florida statute has a loophole: it doesn't specify whether the disclosure must be verbal or written. After I read about it I went to my favorite tattoo parlor, "The Rising Dragon", and I now have an "HIV positive" warning tattooed on my genitalia in Times New Roman. The font is very small, though, and you have to get REALLY close if you want to read it.
Your name here  X_______________

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2008, 10:32:47 pm »
LMAO thats a hoot

Offline wishihadacat

• Therainstorm.com
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2008, 10:35:23 pm »
As long as you don't accuse me of being tongue in cheek... ;)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2008, 10:40:04 pm »

Thanks Winnie, I didn't read that closely enough the first time around.

So you had a witness the first time you had sex? So what? Did you use a condom? If you did, then there was no real point in disclosure, regardless of what the ass of a law says. If you didn't, witness or no witness, more fool you.

You know, the whole crux of this thread is the fact that if you play without condoms, sometimes you pay. Sorry you had to pay, but you wrote the balance sheet yourself. As did the vast majority of us. Get over it and stop criminalising sex for poz people. You're one of us now, remember?

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wishihadacat

• Therainstorm.com
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2008, 10:54:06 pm »
Serious answer? If I read this thread correctly, FK had sex with two people, at least one of whom she met at a bondage site. It speaks for itself. Law or no law, if that's how you want to play, be prepared to pay.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2008, 12:27:27 am »
FK,  Please take a deep breath. You are a grown up adult, with two children.  You have been around the block enough to know that you have to take responsibilities for your actions, whether it it be how you interact with your daughters, or at work or what ever.   Your life style obviously, your choice, has caused this turn of events for you due to YOUR poor judgment in not using proper protection all the time.

I know, that you are new with this disease, and you are going through alot of emotions.  Don't you think we all have done that and been there too.  You honestly, found the best site on the internet for compassion, support and knowledge.  How you interact, is your choice. 

You are going to have to not be hard on all of those who have tried to help you.  It hurts to see you so hard on those here, who have been so compassionate to so many. 
If you continue this trend, the only "friend or support" you will have will be the lawyer who is out to get your money.
And I say again,  you have no clue how your character will be torn apart, or even your character witness's you bring to court with you.  I don't know how much you have told your daughters of your lifestyle, but more than likely they will get to read about it in the papers, as well as their friends. 

Are you really ready for this.

Time to move on, and let the Health Department take care of things.   
Focus your time on your precious daughters,  they grow up so fast,  focus your time on mentally healing from what has happened to you.  And focus your time on learning to live life to the fullest and healthiest.
If you can do that,  you will find many people that are genuinely there to support you.  Including those here at this site, honest.

My thoughts go out to you, (this old man should be sleeping now) just had to write again.
Please stop and read this objectively, and not just to find more fault.

"To all within the sound of my voice, I appeal: Learn with me the lessons of history and of grace, so my children will not be afraid to say the word “AIDS” when I am gone. Then, their children and yours may not need to whisper it at all."  Mary Fisher

Offline fraidknot

« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2008, 12:35:21 am »
Serious answer? If I read this thread correctly, FK had sex with two people, at least one of whom she met at a bondage site. It speaks for itself. Law or no law, if that's how you want to play, be prepared to pay.

Nope, met neither of them at a bondage site. Another assumed idea.

Offline fraidknot

« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2008, 12:37:40 am »
FK,  Please take a deep breath. You are a grown up adult, with two children.  You have been around the block enough to know that you have to take responsibilities for your actions, whether it it be how you interact with your daughters, or at work or what ever.   Your life style obviously, your choice, has caused this turn of events for you due to YOUR poor judgment in not using proper protection all the time.

I know, that you are new with this disease, and you are going through alot of emotions.  Don't you think we all have done that and been there too.  You honestly, found the best site on the internet for compassion, support and knowledge.  How you interact, is your choice. 

You are going to have to not be hard on all of those who have tried to help you.  It hurts to see you so hard on those here, who have been so compassionate to so many. 
If you continue this trend, the only "friend or support" you will have will be the lawyer who is out to get your money.
And I say again,  you have no clue how your character will be torn apart, or even your character witness's you bring to court with you.  I don't know how much you have told your daughters of your lifestyle, but more than likely they will get to read about it in the papers, as well as their friends. 

Are you really ready for this.

Time to move on, and let the Health Department take care of things.   
Focus your time on your precious daughters,  they grow up so fast,  focus your time on mentally healing from what has happened to you.  And focus your time on learning to live life to the fullest and healthiest.
If you can do that,  you will find many people that are genuinely there to support you.  Including those here at this site, honest.

My thoughts go out to you, (this old man should be sleeping now) just had to write again.
Please stop and read this objectively, and not just to find more fault.

The man will be prosecuted by the STATE ATTORNEY, not by a lawyer of my choice that I have to pay for.

My children are grown.

Offline dvinemstre

• hot in carolina
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2008, 12:53:26 am »
so maybe you can clear this up, the witness, did THEY said anything, did they know he was pos, did it never occur to you that the first time you are going to have sex with someone you would need to use a condom. i mean, damn...your whole thread makes me sick thinking about how stupidly you have acted...its bad enough for those of us who thought WE were neg or any other circumstance, but to honestly believe HE is the only responsible party to this is foolhearty at best and completely insane at worst. i mean, what about other STDs for heaven's sake. All the munching and what not, sucking and whatever...and my personally, i am NEVER gonna have anal without condom due to OTHER STDs and what not. I agree with other comments made in other threads, UNLESS you go together, test together and believe no one you are having sex with is lying or at risk, then having sex without a condom is your own damn fault...for those of us who were infected through means not of our doing (non consentual sex, non consentual unprotected sex, rape), then stop whining and get some counseling...Zan

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2008, 01:03:30 am »
I give up.   It seems that all you want to do is find fault with everyone. 
Was just trying to give you some support.

I pitty you,  you obviously don't really care about those who genuinely want to help.

Your in for a long, bitter life as it stands now.
"To all within the sound of my voice, I appeal: Learn with me the lessons of history and of grace, so my children will not be afraid to say the word “AIDS” when I am gone. Then, their children and yours may not need to whisper it at all."  Mary Fisher

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2008, 02:14:23 am »
My ONE Dominant is negative after being tested twice

How do you know he is negative?..how do you know he isn't lying.

The other people involved besides the man who infected me have all tested negative.

Again how do you Know?.

I have seen all the results

What proof do you have?..unless you have the Lab reports or copies of the lab reports then you have no proof..so it is your word against his...he did wrong in not disclosing I'll give you that, but  you are just as much to blame as he is for having unprotected sex with a man you knew nothing about.

Personally I think we are all wasting our precious time,  from where I'm standing there is nothing more we can do.

You are hell bent on being a victim and refuse to take any responsibility..I think it's time for you to wake up and accept the fact you played a big part all this.

Jan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline komnaes

« Reply #165 on: January 23, 2008, 03:20:52 am »
FK, if you don't want anyone to assume, then perhaps you should first give a fuller account of what's happened instead of giving us bits of information so folks don't have to make assumptions. But I "assume" few of us are interested now.

I think what is clear is that the criminal charge is a go-ahead, whether you like it or not. As now I know more about the draconian laws in Florida, the state may indeed has a case against this man and from the few reported cases I have read, it does seem the courts there are very willing to be on the "victims'" side, which shouldn't be a surprise as this is the same place that would allow these unthinkably stupid laws to pass in the first place.

In any case, the same beyond reasonable doubt standard applies to all criminal charges. Be prepared for cross-examinations in which you will be asked a lot of questions that are based on assumptions. Since you seem to hate people making assumptions so much (which I believe is inevitable as anyone who thinks they're wronged hate people to think or even to doubt otherwise), you may want to also start preparing to appear composed and have all the facts straightened out now. The job of any defense lawyer is to antagonize you, dig out any hints of contradiction and magnify them in order to make you appear untrustworthy.

And at least for my part, I am sorry for questioning whether you knew he did infect you, as the legal issue at hand is only whether he told you. And I would suggest to my fellow friends here that there's little point of asking for more specific details. With this trend of bit-by-bit disclosing of details that involved fingernails and an "observer" during the sex act, I wonder what more surprises are in store. And they're beside the point, as the only issue is whether the man told FK he was HIV+.

So, good luck.. hence the end of the nice part of my reply. The not so nice part..

You're HIV+ now, just like the rest of us. If you think people will look at and treat "victims" differently, just read the laws in your own state. Unless you move you now need to disclose EVERY SINGLE TIME before sex, under whatever circumstances and whether protection is used. My guess is somewhere down the line you will encounter some reckless fools that just want to "stick it in" despite knowing all the risks, but somehow, you're the ONLY ONE that is responsible. I hope you won't be encountering any such dilemmas in the future.

But then, maybe I am again assuming that you're looking for some vindication and it's not your intention to use this case to identify yourself as a "victim". Alas, the laws stay and they will affect you. What more, by being part of the case laws, you're giving more ammunition to everyone who want nothing less than locking up all HIVers.

I said it before and will say it again - all such laws are vicious attacks intended to marginalize HIVers thinly disguised as "attempts" to reduce infection rate. Resources have been mis-spent on enforcement while the focuses should be on education and better health care. Such laws make discrimination looks righteous. They reinforce social stigma. Is disclosing a moral obligation? Yes, maybe and no. Like a lot of moral issues, it depends on circumstances. Hence we think it's a bad idea to enforce (relative) moral obligations through criminal laws. It's an establish legislative principle in most Western countries, except it seems when it comes to HIV.

What more, when people "suddenly" start to realize that this law is "not working", which is inevitable, and once this mentality that responsibility should rest on us and only us is so ingrained (no small thanks to all those sensational cases that are so keen to portrait all of us as monsters), I can assure you that things will only get worse for you and me. Imagine what they will "logically" reach tp add on those existing laws - harsher punishment, at the least, less stricter rules on releasing personal data on us HIVers, etc.

They're already pushing in Singapore for a law that will make non-disclosure criminal ever for people who "suspect" they might already be HIV+ without being ever tested, as the government now "realizes" that just forcing HIVers who know their status is not enough to reduce infection rate. God knows what Florida are capable of coming up with.

And guess what, you'd have to live and deal with those laws like the rest of us. They won't look at you and say, oh, s/he was deliberately infected, we should treat her nicer. No, they won't, they will be as eager to prosecute a young woman who is born with HIV and has fallen in love for the first time with this boy but was too afraid to tell him her status because she feared she might lose him, and she didn't disclose before sex and despite all proper protections were used and the boy wasn't infected, she's committed a crime under the same laws in your state that you want to use to send this man to jail.

Oh, don't be so dramatic, you might say. Just take a look at this real case. This Canadian "victim" jumped this kid half his age and who was obviously mentally unstable on their first "date". He went bare willingly and he got infected. The kid got arrested. Well, something has to be done right, you might counter. I can see how criminal laws should be involved in cases where there's a lack of consent (rape, sexual assaults, etc), a breach of trust (in a marriage, legal or de facto, etc) and when there's no knowledge or apprehension of the risks of being infected. Otherwise, if there's consent, knowledge and/or lack of a presumed "trust", there's no excuse on the part of an affectee.

Some of us have urged you to also looking for counseling or other means to deal with the anger (again, "assumed" anger, so if you're not angry my apology for assuming that), and in one or two of your previous posts you mentioned that what we said have given you things to think about.. so I hope they will lead to some resolutions and no more destructive decisions/actions like giving up your computer to the police...
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2008, 03:22:00 am »
It is not my word against his. I have proof, another human being in the room, when I had sex with him, the first time.

EUREKA!

So that is how the 91-year-old grandmother fits into this fairytale.

At last I can get some sleep .. untill next week's episode when fraidknot reveals how a dead 91-year-old grandmother gives evidence from beyond the grave and how we were wrong to assume that dead meant dead. Bobby Ewing, eat you heart out!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 03:35:48 am by vokz »

Offline carousel

« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2008, 09:05:26 am »
I'm all a bit confused.

Is there anyone who can a brief summary- main characters and events, motivation and where all of this is heading?  I would find it helpful.

Offline wishihadacat

• Therainstorm.com
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2008, 09:54:17 am »
I'm still not convinced that we're getting the truth here, but having had some time to consider FK's situation, my view of this remains the same: although the Florida statute, as written, is overbroad in that it requires disclosure under ALL circumstances, if the shooter engaged in unprotected high risk sex with FK without telling her that he was using live ammunition, and IF FK didn't constructively consent by cruising in a sex bar or the equivalent, then the shooter should be punished, IF it can be proven that he acted intentionally (and that's a very big if.)

On the other hand, FK, you were negligent in having unprotected high risk sex, which the law defines as "contributory negligence" in some jurisdictions (which bars any monetary recovery,) and "comparative negligence" (which apportions the damages.)

Having said that, welcome to planet H. As has been said above, like it or not, you are now one of us, and I hope you find support here.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2008, 10:21:33 am »
I fail to understand your repeated comments about the "sex bar or the equivalent" issue.  Why is this different than another location like a bedroom?

I don't get it.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2008, 12:22:23 pm »
I'm all a bit confused.

Is there anyone who can a brief summary- main characters and events, motivation and where all of this is heading?  I would find it helpful.

Perhaps a Lifetime movie?

Offline wishihadacat

• Therainstorm.com
« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2008, 12:36:30 pm »
I fail to understand your repeated comments about the "sex bar or the equivalent" issue.  Why is this different than another location like a bedroom?

I don't get it.

It's different because when we engage in casual or paid sex in those kinds of circumstances, human beings have never historically had any reason to expect honesty between partners. That's how it has always been, and we can't and shouldn't expect it to change. It's coldly transactional, and STI's or STD's or whatever politically correct words we use to describe them are part of the human condition. If you walk onto a firing range you shouldn't be too surprised if a bullet hits you. If you know that you are strolling through a minefield and your leg gets blown off, it sucks, but you ignored the warning signs about the mines at your own risk.

It doesn't make it right, and in an ideal world we would all respect and refrain from hurting others just to satisfy our self-interests, but this is not an ideal world, and we have to behave accordingly. In an ideal world there wouldn't be minefields and there wouldn't be bullets, but that's just not how it is.

Got it?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:40:20 pm by wishihadacat »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2008, 12:52:33 pm »
Oh, I get that you

Got it?

Not particularly, no

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2008, 12:53:35 pm »
I got it

Offline PaulinNJ

« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2008, 01:35:42 pm »
OMG! How did I miss this mess either? It took ME a week to read all the posts!

My two cents:

1) Pick your battles carefully
2) I went to a forum here in NJ a few years ago and a hypothetical 'law' was presented to us to pick apart. It read, "It is against the law to engage in sex without disclosing your HIV status if you are HIV+". The group tore a new asshole through the hypothetical law. Define 'sex', define ' disclose', what if you are poz and don't even know it?, and so on...you get the pic...well, guess what folks? THAT IS THE WAY THE LAW ACTAULLY READS IN the great State of New Jersey! So, ANY law in ANY state, unless it's fifty plus pages long, has so many loopholes and is so vague, prosecution is pointless.
3) I met a man at a session one time years ago who stated that for ELEVEN years, he went out and fucked every woman he could unprotected because he was so angry at being infected himself. After swallowing my own vomit, I wondered what I was even doing there!
4) Whatever the outcome, perhaps vengeance may be yours but at what cost? Educating others is great and fulfilling (I've done it with high school seniors) but in the end, what about YOU and your physical and mental health?
5) The debate about condoms continues...responsibility continues...ad nauseum. Fingernaills? Uhm. sorry, not familiar with that as a means of transmission. I only know about fingernails from watching THE WOMEN (1939). "I've had two years to grow nails, mother! JUNGLE RED!!!"
6) It appears to me things get pretty touchy on here...hence, my #5 and #7
7) Nosferatu? Hmmm. I had a date with him in 2000 just before I was diagnosed!
8) See #1 and #2 and good luck with it all!

Peace,
Paul
Laugh often - the alternative ain't worth it!
"Ain't I a stinker?" -- Bugs Bunny
From 120 t's, shingles and high VL in 2001
To 1200+ t's and undetectable in 2007.
2010 remain undedect. and 1000 CD4.

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2008, 01:49:17 pm »
The other people involved besides the man who infected me .........

That statement alone leaves enough meat for a few sequels.

Offline fraidknot

« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2008, 02:02:22 pm »
As for my mental health - I stated earlier but will state again for the benefit of those who appear to be concerned. I have a psychiatrist. I have a mental health counselor through the Ryan White Act who deals ONLY with HIV patients. Both have said I am sane, stable and handling things remarkably well. i am in frequent contact with the mental health counselor.

Far from being bitter, I am a positive upbeat person, in spite of others opinions.

I have found a very few supportive uplifting people here and I appreciate them greatly. Still recieving PM's from different ones who choose not to post and be caught in the crossfire of the radicals.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2008, 02:06:18 pm »
"radicals"?

Barbara, please.

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2008, 02:09:55 pm »
I always find that a diet rich in antioxidants keeps my free radicals in check very effectively ;)

Offline PaulinNJ

« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2008, 02:13:13 pm »
When did they free the radicals? Oh, I get it. Levity is my middle name...

Laugh often - the alternative ain't worth it!
"Ain't I a stinker?" -- Bugs Bunny
From 120 t's, shingles and high VL in 2001
To 1200+ t's and undetectable in 2007.
2010 remain undedect. and 1000 CD4.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2008, 02:17:11 pm »
As for my mental health - I stated earlier but will state again for the benefit of those who appear to be concerned. I have a psychiatrist. I have a mental health counselor through the Ryan White Act who deals ONLY with HIV patients. Both have said I am sane, stable and handling things remarkably well. i am in frequent contact with the mental health counselor.

Far from being bitter, I am a positive upbeat person, in spite of others opinions.

I have found a very few supportive uplifting people here and I appreciate them greatly. Still recieving PM's from different ones who choose not to post and be caught in the crossfire of the radicals.

Damn, I'm moving to Florida. Ryan White doesn't pay for shit when you go crazy in Tennessee.

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2008, 03:03:30 pm »
Holy crap....I just finished reading this interesting responses. Couple quick things...this was funny :D Donnie's sight made me so uncomfortable I left having been attacked by several members because of the situation I was in. I was even invited to spend more time here as a result of the postings when others read them...they were mean and viscous over there...would NEVER go back there for assistance or advice. I have received solid and good advice here ranging from mental health, personal life issues, meds issues, and even poo. I trust this site and its members to be open and honest...just as they have been here! On top of that, I was lied to about the guys HIV status when I was infected. I never once said it was his fault though..he may be doing this to lots of people, don't know. I know he did it to me, but I made the decisions to go bareback...it is my fault no matter what. PERIOD. You bang it raw you may get the claw...ok I made that claw thing up but still I got clawed with the virus. This thread is wild, I agree this chickadee is clawing her own clit with grannies gnawed off hand every single time someone admonishes her and that is a visual I could do without.
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion
September 07 - CD4 402 VL 118000 25%
October 07 -     CD4 294 VL 124000 22%
November 07 - Norvir, Triuvada and Reyataz
December 07 -  CD4 355 VL  550 .... guess the meds are working.
January 08 - CD4 446 VL <48 undetectable!
April 08 - CD4 554 VL <48 undetectable!
July 08 - CD4 666 VL <48 undetectable! Hporay...I have devil CD4's

Offline Florida69

« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2008, 03:37:49 pm »
Donnie's sight made me so uncomfortable I left having been attacked by several members because of the situation I was in. I was even invited to spend more time here as a result of the postings when others read them...they were mean and viscous over there...would NEVER go back there for assistance or advice.

First it is not my site, so that we are clear, I am a member there like I am here.  We explained that it was ultimately your choice to take the advice that you were given or not.  Mean and vicious, I think I could same the same about some folks here.  I am really glad that you found your niche, and I had hoped that some of the members there could help you, as I am not qualified I do not suffer from the mental illness that plagues you.  I tell everyone do what makes you happy, in fact I think I suggested that you come here.  Things have a way of working themselves out..  D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2008, 03:46:53 pm »
First it is not my site, so that we are clear, I am a member there like I am here.  We explained that it was ultimately your choice to take the advice that you were given or not.  Mean and vicious, I think I could same the same about some folks here.  I am really glad that you found your niche, and I had hoped that some of the members there could help you, as I am not qualified I do not suffer from the mental illness that plagues you.  I tell everyone do what makes you happy, in fact I think I suggested that you come here.  Things have a way of working themselves out..  D

I know you have me on ignore so you won't read this, but you sir are beyond the pale. Accusing someone who came to your HIV site for help of mental illness is quite telling and indicative of your true character. Funny how the "other place" is yours when the mood strikes you. You are the other site.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2008, 03:56:36 pm »
I know you have me on ignore so you won't read this, but you sir are beyond the pale.

Puh-leeze.

$50 says there is a reply within moments. 

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2008, 04:16:35 pm »
At last I can get some sleep .. untill next week's episode when fraidknot reveals how a dead 91-year-old grandmother gives evidence from beyond the grave and how we were wrong to assume that dead meant dead. Bobby Ewing, eat you heart out

HOw rude and insensitive was that???
Live life to the fullest...

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2008, 04:41:40 pm »
I learn something new everyday. I always thought the "Free Radicals",were a jazz-funk group from Houston, Texas.

It's been a while since I left school, and I never was very good a maths, so I need a bit of help here.

I  remember a teacher telling me that not every Radical is a *square root, so does that mean that it's just a *root..if that's the case then FK has been with a hell of a lot of Radicals without doing her sums first..sorry FK you failed your maths test.

*Definiton of square...Fair and honest
*Aussie definition of Root..leg over

Jan

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »
EUREKA!

So that is how the 91-year-old grandmother fits into this fairytale.

At last I can get some sleep .. untill next week's episode when fraidknot reveals how a dead 91-year-old grandmother gives evidence from beyond the grave and how we were wrong to assume that dead meant dead. Bobby Ewing, eat you heart out!!

Vokz

That was totally disrespectful, and uncalled for, in fact I found it quite disgusting...regardless of what we think about FK's  story or "fairytale" as you put it, it has nothing to do with her Grandmother's passing...I'm giving you a warning

Jan

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2008, 06:51:22 pm »
I agree this chickadee is clawing her own clit with grannies gnawed off hand every single time someone admonishes her and that is a visual I could do without.

Foul

Offline Iggy

« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2008, 06:56:01 pm »
I think this thread is beyond useless at this point...actually let me restate that....I think this thread is detrimental to this forum at this point.

If I was a newbie who came into a section for the newly poz and found this back and forth on both sides....I might think twice about what this site had to offer.

Let's lock it up!

Offline wishihadacat

• Therainstorm.com
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2008, 07:05:56 pm »
I second that motion.  Basta!

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2008, 08:51:21 pm »
sad....we are allowing FK to fuel all of our feelings, frustrations, fantasies, that as adults we would never bring out.

In her "graciousness" as her evaluating psychologists have analyzed her as, she is obviously fueling this site now and then with  just enough  cutting words to keep the fire going.

Lets show her we are the adults here, not her.  Lets just stop, and not fuel this anymore.

She, obviously needs support and compassion, but alas only the self centered kind that in her mentality, based on the web site, she supports, we cannot help.

I am done with her,  she isn't here for support, she is, is at the present time just using us for her own, demented, psychological, reasons.   
Again,  I pity her, but let her go this alone, or with those that she thinks are supporting her.   
Again, unfortunately,  her day will come.
Come on guys,   lets just stop writing,   
She is obviously just making us the fool.   
My lips are sealed on this one.
May she move on in her bitterness.  There is nothing she really wants from this site  for healing.
There are others who genuinely are in need and hurting,  lets focus on them.
Good by FK.
We honestly and genuinely tried to support and consul you.
But it is obvious, in your first cutting child like retort, your not here as one of us.

In my 60 years I have never met anyone so callused, bitter, and biased as you.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2008, 10:41:23 pm »
Time to move on..... :)

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2008, 12:03:54 am »
Lock it...ok....but Donnie, you recruited me from this site to go there where they proceeded to be mean and rude. You then went on to tell me that I was one of your "biggest disappointments" which I laughed at. I was one that site for 2 weeks and dumbfounded that anyone would deal with that place. No, I was invited to spend more time here by someone else, and I am glad I am here.
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion
September 07 - CD4 402 VL 118000 25%
October 07 -     CD4 294 VL 124000 22%
November 07 - Norvir, Triuvada and Reyataz
December 07 -  CD4 355 VL  550 .... guess the meds are working.
January 08 - CD4 446 VL <48 undetectable!
April 08 - CD4 554 VL <48 undetectable!
July 08 - CD4 666 VL <48 undetectable! Hporay...I have devil CD4's

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2008, 12:46:21 am »
I'm going to start secretly recruiting members here to join my www.poppers4thelulz.com forum

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2008, 01:41:10 am »
I'm going to start secretly recruiting members here to join my www.poppers4thelulz.com forum

Im so there!

Offline komnaes

« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2008, 02:07:17 am »

I wonder what the discussion topics would be... ;D But you don't have to "secretly recruit" me, I would have found it myself eventually if it was there... ;D

In any case I don't even know what's the "other site" and frankly I couldn't care less. While there are some cruel punches, we also have tried to be helpful and earnest and obviously the efforts were not appreciated. Instead we have the mean people vs the alleged supports from unidentified members through PMs and the more I reread posts from FK the more I realize that as Lonewolf has said some of them are rather clearly intended to add more fuel to keep this argument going.

Whether FK is really looking for advises or supports is now beside the point - his/her attitude toward invoking the draconian laws in Florida reflects a much bigger problem that has affected and will continue to affect all of us in the HIV community in a very negative way, and I want to remind everyone that at one point s/he suggested that everyone who disagreed with or protested against her action on invoking the laws might probably be also "doing the same thing as he is" (Post #73). And this to me is the really really sad part as it really sums up how s/he really feels about him/herself and the rest of other HIVers.

In my opinion his/her decision to use the laws for the "public good" justification s/he has in her mind is a reminder that how these twisted legal logic will continue to haunt us HIVers - it's a no win for everyone as it's as tragic to accuse as being accued under these laws... they give the "victims" a false promise for a resolution and a false sense of righteousness that one is doing the right thing to stop other people from being infected, plus the false expectation that justice, hence the public, will be on their side; and to the public, the laws give them a false sense of security that has led and will continue to lead to more discrimination against us. And not to be mention those being put behind bars..

Sigh...
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2008, 02:32:17 am »
Vokz

That was totally disrespectful, and uncalled for, in fact I found it quite disgusting...regardless of what we think about FK's  story or "fairytale" as you put it, it has nothing to do with her Grandmother's passing...I'm giving you a warning

Jan

Jan,

You had better exclude me permanently then, because I haven’t even started yet.

As for it being either rude, uncalled for, disgusting or disrespectful: BULLSHIT!

Like everything else fraidknot has told us, the grandmother's recent death is a complete fabrication. She is simply introduced for the sympathy factor and to sucker the fuckwits of the world into believing this inconsistent and contradictory crap we are being fed by a cowardly (and not very skilled) trolling sockpuppet.

PS: Don’t bother asking me to delete this post, because there is bugger all chance of me ever doing that. If you want me to shut up, then permanent exclusion is the only way you will achieve that.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 03:06:11 am by vokz »

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2008, 03:41:22 am »
Puh-leeze.

$50 says there is a reply within moments. 

But who will Donnie reply as?

He probably has as many 'Florida' personalities here as he does over at The Body (where he also recruits vigorously for that other place).

Oh? Is fraidknot in Florida too? What a coincidence, so is Donnie and so are most of his transparent web of sockpuppets.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Florida69 aka fraidknot, chrisbadmushrooms, morebadmushrooms, DRLOVE etc etc etc (along with half of the more bizarre won’t take no for an answer questioners in the ‘AII?’ forums of various HIV sites).

« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 04:33:06 am by vokz »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2008, 05:07:38 am »
But who will Donnie reply as?

He probably has as many 'Florida' personalities here as he does over at The Body (where he also recruits vigorously for that other place).

Oh? Is fraidknot in Florida too? What a coincidence, so is Donnie and so are most of his transparent web of sockpuppets.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Florida69 aka fraidknot, chrisbadmushrooms, morebadmushrooms, DRLOVE etc etc etc (along with half of the more bizarre won’t take no for an answer questioners in the ‘AII?’ forums of various HIV sites).

An easy enough problem to solve. Don't go into any of the "Am I Infected?" sites.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.