Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:00:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 212
Total: 215

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Blood in stool.  (Read 10025 times)

Offline younghopefulpoz

Blood in stool.
« on: May 30, 2012, 12:32:03 pm »
 I was shocked when I defecated blood this past day, I defecated blood twice. And this day, I just saw some linings of intestines on my stool. I am so afraid of what’s happening to me now. One of my close friend told me, that I’m just paying what I did in the past :(. I cried the past days. I can no longer hold on for this burden, but I must fight coz I have dreams and plans in life, one of which is to help my family and relatives and pay back the things they gave to me

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Blood in stool.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 12:35:36 pm »
One of my close friend told me, that I’m just paying what I did in the past

Sounds like you have great friends.

That said, is there a reason that you're bleeding from your ass and seeing your intestinal lining (not even sure what you mean by this) and not on the phone calling your doctor?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline younghopefulpoz

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 12:41:59 pm »
ill be going to doctor tomorrow for check up, I hope everything is okay.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 01:38:17 pm »
Blood in your stool could mean an intestinal infection or it could be a tear in the rectum (especially if the blood is bright red). Go to a doctor and get it fixed. I had a similar problem a year ago. You'll be fine. :)

As for your friend, just tell him pointblank: 'If you can't be supportive then at least shut it. Saying spiteful things shows that you're not a friend, let alone a close one'.

Best
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 01:40:15 pm by spacebarsux »
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 01:53:19 pm »
ill be going to doctor tomorrow for check up, I hope everything is okay.

I hope everything is OK as well.  But you need to understand that the sudden onset of bleeding is not something to be ignored.  You are poz and you need to be proactive in your health care, which means calling your doctor soon after symptoms appear.  That's what health care is there for, to be used.  You don't wait, hoping that nothing serious happens before you can see a doctor.  Seriously, you need to get much better at taking care of you.  And stop asking your friends for advice about your medical care.

Joe

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 01:59:23 pm »
Hope everything turns out ok at your checkup.

Your so-called "close friend" might be a luxury you cannot afford. Whatta maroon!!
Andy Velez

Offline geobee

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 02:19:37 pm »
Dude -- dump the "friend".  That person is not a friend.  Friends offer support. 

Second -- get to the doctor. ASAP.  There are a lot of causes for blood in your stool -- some minor, some not-so-minor.  So get yourself checked.  Also, you haven't been eating a lot of beets, have you? 

Hang in there.  Keep us posted / stay in touch.  -- George

Offline newbieguy

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 04:24:55 pm »
Yes, make sure you go to a doctor PRONTO! Blood in stool is something that must be checked out. I had it about 2 years ago, and it scared the hell out of me. The doc suspected hemmeroids and gave me some kind of steroidal creme to apply, and some suppositories and it had gone away within 4 days or so. However, the same doctor referred me to a colorectal doctor for a follow-up, and they had me do a colonoscopy..The colonoscopy revealed that I had two benign polyps and no hemmeroids. Because the biopsy was negative, the doctor said I don't need surgery and can just continue living my life...Of course, you'll probably want to avoid any kind of anal sex for awhile, but talk to your doctor...Some people with HIV can get HPV (Human Papiloma Virus) which can cause anal warts and local problems which can lead to other issues, but more than likely it's just a tear or something superficial. Just go to the doctor ASAP and get checked out so you can have peace of mind....Keep us posted! Good luck to you!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.