Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:22:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 321
Total: 321

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dear Friends:  (Read 9876 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Dear Friends:
« on: May 20, 2011, 09:10:08 pm »
I think someone called me a fag for the way I was dressed today over in west Philadelphia when I went to see Thor.  Should I be worried? ::)

Also, how much of a gorilla juicehead is Chris Hemworth now?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:12:43 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Dear Friends:
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 09:12:40 pm »
But you are a fag , I know because it takes one to know one .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 09:15:15 pm »
But you are a fag , I know because it takes one to know one .

The guy I was with was wearing a log of manelry (male jewelry) so it could have been him.  But I had on a v-neck t-shirt with gold lettering, skinny jeans and neon green suede sneakers, with a fetching plaid trenchcoat.

ps: I had rabbit mole for dinner! 8)

Offline Raf

• Bald by choice
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 09:16:35 pm »
Now, Chris Hemworth is the only reason why I would see that movie, Thor is not one of my fav Marvel characters.
Dx: 05/14/2008
Latest HIV Meds combo I've been taking:

Kaletra + Combivir (since 05/16/2008 - 05/09/2019)
Acriptega (05/10/2019 - today)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 09:18:41 pm »
The guy I was with was wearing a log of manelry (male jewelry) so it could have been him.  But I had on a v-neck t-shirt with gold lettering, skinny jeans and neon green suede sneakers, with a fetching plaid trenchcoat.

ps: I had rabbit mole for dinner! 8)

My friend Tim just gave me some fancy V necks with shiny gold letters ... I'm not so sure about them or what you had for dinner . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 09:19:37 pm »
Now, Chris Hemworth is the only reason why I would see that movie, Thor is not one of my fav Marvel characters.

The movie was fairly wretched, though I'm a bad reviewer for such things as I'm one of those filthy elitist types that gravitate to pretentious Sofia Coppola fare and things with subtitles.

Oh, and there's really only one brief shirtless Chris scene, but he looked so stunning that the entire theater, both male and female, audibly gasped.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 09:21:18 pm »
My friend Tim just gave me some fancy V necks with shiny gold letters ... I'm not so sure about them or what you had for dinner .  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_(sauce)

... but with rabbit in it.  Oh, and goat cheese quesadillas. And a margarita straight up, with salt.  Horribly trendy place, naturally, void of a single actual person from Mexico.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 09:27:28 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_(sauce)

... but with rabbit in it.  Oh, and goat cheese quesadillas. And a margarita straight up, with salt.  Horribly trendy place, naturally, void of a single actual person from Mexico.

I think I had rabbit once as an appetiser but really cant remember if I liked it or not . There is a Mexican restaurant a block form here that has the best Mexican food I ever had  , imagine that in Alabama .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 09:31:49 pm »
I think I had rabbit once as an appetiser but really cant remember if I liked it or not . There is a Mexican restaurant a block form here that has the best Mexican food I ever had  , imagine that in Alabama .

Rabbit isn't really that weird, like a strong meatier chicken I suppose.  There's another Mexcian place here I like that has a most excellent braised goat, and I have a great taqueria literally 2 blocks away.

Frankly I didn't find the dish tonight to be a very proper mole sauce at all, having had them in Mexico City. I should be able to find better here as almost all of our immigrants from Mexico in Philadelphia are specifically from Puebla state, which is where mole sauce originates. ::must investigate further!::
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:34:04 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 09:50:56 pm »
Rabbit isn't really that weird, like a strong meatier chicken I suppose.  There's another Mexcian place here I like that has a most excellent braised goat, and I have a great taqueria literally 2 blocks away.

Frankly I didn't find the dish tonight to be a very proper mole sauce at all, having had them in Mexico City. I should be able to find better here as almost all of our immigrants from Mexico in Philadelphia are specifically from Puebla state, which is where mole sauce originates. ::must investigate further!::

I shy away from mole sauce unless I can sample it first , some places make it on the bitter side then I don't care for it .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 09:55:07 pm »
I have a great taqueria .

Please in Philly  ::) Are we gonna do this again? Yall wouldnt know a great Taqueria if it hit you in the face.

Silly yanks.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 09:57:40 pm »
Please in Philly  ::) Are we gonna do this again? Yall wouldnt know a great Taqueria if it hit you in the face.

Silly yanks.

-Will

You need to travel more, sweetie -- if you've not noticed there are Mexicans everywhere now, not just in that conservatard-infested state of yours.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 10:01:33 pm »
if you've not noticed there are Mexicans everywhere now,

Yes, that I've noticed. Good Mexican food, not so much.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 10:06:34 pm »
Yes, that I've noticed. Good Mexican food, not so much.

That's because what you get served is that atrocious Tex-Mex border food, instead of something proper from Puebla or Oaxaca state.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 10:22:29 pm »
  something proper from Puebla or Oaxaca state.

The yanks get a new Mexican food style in their city and suddenly they are experts on it.

::)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 10:27:16 pm »
The yanks get a new Mexican food style in their city and suddenly they are experts on it.

::)

Do you need a tissue? I'll try and be more sensitive to your needs in the future.

Offline Jody

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 10:55:35 pm »
Getting back to the verbal gay bashing Miss Philly and her friend endured, this has obviously been a problem for decades, even throughout time, but now it seems to be getting legitimized in some circles.  With the likes of the Wicked Witch of the North (AKA Scott Walker >:() trying, not to improve the lives of all of his state's residents, but instead attempting to deny gay Americans the basic rights of hospital visitation rights and financial decisions, more and more people see that as an excuse to bash gays.  Hell if elected officials can scapegoat them, why can't they it is reasoned. 

I worry when my terrific friend Frank whom I adore goes out at night.  I fear his best asset, his gentle and happy persona will attract the wrong pair of eyes and get him bashed in Chelsea, the Village or here in Queens, or anywhere in the USA for that matter.  I may not be with him on Saturday night but he is in my thoughts.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 10:58:28 pm »
I think someone called me a fag for the way I was dressed today over in west Philadelphia when I went to see Thor.  Should I be worried? ::)

Gurl, I feel for you.  That must have been traumatic.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 11:26:09 pm »
Gurl, I feel for you.  That must have been traumatic.

Are you joking? My freshman year in college they didn't usually bother with "fag" instead I was verbally assaulted with "FREAK!" Like practically every day on campus. If you look like a combo of Ian McCullock and Limahl that's just the way it breaks. Served me well and toughened me up.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 11:41:57 pm »
Are you joking? My freshman year in college they didn't usually bother with "fag" instead I was verbally assaulted with "FREAK!" Like practically every day on campus. If you look like a combo of Ian McCullock and Limahl that's just the way it breaks. Served me well and toughened me up.

Of course I was kidding.  We bitches are much tougher than that. 
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 11:50:22 pm »
Oh, and there's really only one brief shirtless Chris scene, but he looked so stunning that the entire theater, both male and female, audibly gasped.

Worth the price of admission, truly.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 12:42:29 am »

Skinny jeans?  You must be a tall thin boy, because they are the only guys for whom skinny jeans are accurately named.

Austin is the skinny jeans capital of Texas.  Especially where I live in East Austin.
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 12:54:13 am »
Actually they're just more "slim fit" not true skinny jeans  :-*

Offline Raf

• Bald by choice
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 01:53:49 am »

Now I'm gonna see it as soon as I can  ;D
Dx: 05/14/2008
Latest HIV Meds combo I've been taking:

Kaletra + Combivir (since 05/16/2008 - 05/09/2019)
Acriptega (05/10/2019 - today)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 02:18:36 am »

I was hoping for photo's of you dressed like Thor...so disappointed in you Miss P

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2011, 04:23:42 am »
Also, how much of a gorilla juicehead is Chris Hemworth now?

He looks like the cute boy next door grown up, and inflated.  Liked him better lithe. I'm now thinking of the young Mel Gibson in Gallipoli.  And Russell Crowe in Romper Stomper.  These Australian hunks are eye candy for gays for but a brief moment, and then something happens and they quickly become uber-Hollywood muscle action stars designed for global consumption and the heat just fades for me. 

Crowe got seedy quickly. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 05:52:52 am »
Being called Fag ---Badge off honor
However also very dreary and vulgar in one.s home town.
What are the colours forming the plaid ?
theyer
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 08:42:39 am »

What are the colours forming the plaid ?

Just a very staid light brown and charcoal. I didn't find the ensemble particularly flaming, but then I don't really take such things into consideration when dressing.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 08:46:05 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2011, 08:50:13 am »
Just a very staid light brown and charcoal. I didn't find the ensemble particularly flaming, but then I don't really take such things into consideration when dressing.

If you saw you what would you have called you? Girl your eighty. Skinny jeans, seriously?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2011, 08:53:30 am »
If you saw you what would you have called you? Girl your eighty. Skinny jeans, seriously?

I prefer "eclectic elderly" as a descriptor.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2011, 08:54:27 am »
I want to try some Mexican rabbit !

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2011, 08:57:04 am »
I think someone called me a fag for the way I was dressed today over in west Philadelphia

Should I be worried? ::)

You know to expect all sorts of things when you cross the Schuylkill.  You have nothing to worry about dear. 

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2011, 12:33:11 pm »
I prefer "eclectic elderly" as a descriptor.

I think I just found my new catch phrase for the remainder of spring.
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2011, 02:18:32 pm »

In that case I am at a loss, though some people are so consvervative when it comes to footware.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.