Main Forums > Living With HIV

Approaching 5 years Positive

(1/5) > >>

daveR:
Almost 5 years since the dreaded day that I saw the word positive next to my HIV test. Doing well sill. A good CD 4 count at 739, 43.7%. Undetectable viral load. Basically been that way since about 3 months after I started meds. My kidneys were slightly out of spec again, creatine level at 1.2, so not far out, 1.18 is the upper limit on the scale at my hospital.
I was going to raise the question of changing my meds, currently take Ricovir-EM and Edurant to make Complera but didn't have to. My Dr raised it instead and suggested Biktarvy, her main reason was to help the kidney function. I jumped at it to drop the two pills and food requirements. I know two pills a day is no real inconvenience and I managed for almost 5 years, but the with or without food option makes travel more convenient. My plan is to just wake up, pop one pill and be done with it. I still have 2 months of my old regime left so the Dr said just finish them off and start the Biktarvy. Reasonable price also, roughly the same as my old regime at around 3600 Thai Baht a bottle. Could get them cheaper at the Thai Red Cross but don't want to travel, particularly during the pandemic, never no when they will restrict travel so I am happy to pay the hospital price.

Take care
Dave

leatherman:
The first years are always troubling and confusing, getting used to the diagnosis and meds; but at some point, life simply becomes it's new normal and treating HIV is just another part of living life.

glad to hear that things are working out well for you!  ;) :D

PozChilean:
I'm glad you're doing well!

I didn't realize meds were so expensive in Thailand; my Complera bottle costs 1/3 of what you pay for (90% is covered by my insurance).

daveR:
I use a private hospital. No insurance coverage or state assistance. I think for local people meds are covered by the government 30 BAHT scheme. What ever they require costs just 30 BAHT, under a dollar from a government hospital
It is the price I pay for choosing to live there unfortunately.

PozChilean:

--- Quote from: daveR on April 17, 2021, 08:46:27 pm ---I use a private hospital. No insurance coverage or state assistance. I think for local people meds are covered by the government 30 BAHT scheme. What ever they require costs just 30 BAHT, under a dollar from a government hospital
It is the price I pay for choosing to live there unfortunately.

--- End quote ---
Ah, I see! Thank you for clarifying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version