Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:52:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 701
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 663
Total: 663

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Here we go again....  (Read 4980 times)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Here we go again....
« on: November 22, 2006, 11:10:34 pm »
The Phelps "church" (and I use that term very loosely), Westboro Baptist, plans to protest at the funerals of the children killed in a bus accident in Huntsville, Alabama this week.

My advice to the people attending:   go buy one of those large WATER BLASTER type water cannons, and fill it with Clorox.....

I hope the city of Huntsville will not give them a permit to demonstrate. 

>:(
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Here we go again....
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 11:25:34 pm »
HA!  I love the sound of that idea!  Have you ever heard that Shirley Phelps woman?  I'll say this without reservation:

If those are the kind of people God wants in Heaven, I'll take my chances with Hell. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 11:32:41 pm »
Hi Alan

I haven't heard anything about this...why would people want to protest at the funerals of these poor children?

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 12:19:04 am »
SODOMY IS AN ABOMINABLE SIN, WORTHY OF DEATH. .

JESUS CHRIST DIED ONLY FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE.

THE SODOMITES' ONLY HOPE IS TO HAVE THE UNAMBIGUOUS TRUTH PREACHED TO THEM, AND PERHAPS GOD WILL SOFTEN THEIR HEARTS AND GRANT THEM REPENTANCE TO DEPART FROM THEIR SIN AND NAME THE NAME OF CHRIST. NOT VERY LIKELY, THOUGH, SINCE GOD HAS GIVEN THEM UP.

THERE IS A HELL WHERE ALL IMPENITENT SINNERS WILL RESIDE FOR ALL ETERNITY. THAT INCLUDES SODOMITES (CALLED "DOGS").

This is unbelievable..and these people believe they will go to heaven..I very much doubt it..thanks Thunter for the link..I still don't understand what this has to do with the children who died..are they children of parents who are living with HIV/have gay parents..what? it's totally beyond my understanding.

Hugs

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 01:21:28 am »
Can you believe I've seen these freaks thrice!?!  They were in Duluth MN in 97 protesting our gay city planner declining a job offer from Topeka KS.  They also protested an open gay church in Minneapolis later that weekend.  And then they protested the KU Law graduation this Spring which I was at for Stuart's sister. 

When they were in Minnesota it was funny to see them being all touristy taking pictures of each other at Lake Superior after the protest.  Hey, as long as they were supporting the economy  ::)

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 12:03:58 pm »
Jan, this is the same bunch of fools who have protested at the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq....in their sick, twisted minds, they somehow believe FAGS are responsible for all the world's problems.   I read on their website "Thank God for Katrina".   How sick is that?

They are what I call "tabloid preachers", because they seek the shock value in everything they do, thus the protesting at funerals of innocent children.   It's total nonsense, but because of the first amendment (which in my opinion was never intended to protect this kind of foolishness), we have to put up with them.

They may be in for a surprise when they get to Huntsville, AL.   The distraught families of these children are in no mood to suffer these fools.   They are not invited, nor are they welcome.

Alan
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 12:06:23 pm by AlanBama »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 06:41:24 pm »
Jan-

I knew that link would blow your mind.  As for the link to gayness...these folks are basically now saying something to the effect of, "The USA is allowing gay people to live and breathe like the rest of us, so God is therefore punishing US people by having their children come home from Iraq in bodybags."  Likewise, God has decided to just start randoming picking off people left and right through bus accidents or what have you until America gets righteous and does something about the gay people.

Yes, God has had it with the gay boys and girls...so He's gonna put the queeze on all of America in any and every way imaginable until all this homo stuff has stopped.  That's the idea in a nutshell.

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 06:47:10 pm »
"The USA is allowing gay people to live and breathe like the rest of us, so God is therefore punishing US people by having their children come home from Iraq in bodybags."

UNBELIEVABLE! These people disgust me.
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline fearless

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 06:54:50 pm »
That's truly sick.  >:(
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 06:58:43 pm »
The very idea of people and "churches" like this disgust me beyond words..how can they survive with such hatred.

I was brought up to believe there was good in everyone regardless of who they were...but I see nothing good in these people at all..what a hell of a way to live life.

I hope there is some way to stop these morons from protesting and leave those poor families to bury their children in peace.

Hugs

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 07:09:05 pm »
To the world's credit, this "church" is stil basically Fred Phelps and his extended family...less than 100 people total.  It's them and maybe one little neighbor family there from Crazyville.

I can't help but notice that these folks spend more time thinking about gay sex than I ever do.

And that is saying something.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 07:12:12 pm »
BTW....Jan, you see more of these folks on YouTube if you type in Fred Phelps or Shirley Phelps.  Good for a laugh or a cry, depending on your mood.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 07:58:41 pm »
I'll just throw some words out there....connect them however you want....

hillbillies

in-breeding

white

trash

ignorant

pathetic

sickening

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 12:07:03 am »
A photo is worth 1,000 words, they say.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 05:16:38 pm »
I think engaging those people on any level gives their opinions validity.  No right thinking person (even the more loony fringes of the Christian Right) agrees with them.

I've seen them protest; their tactics of stomping on an American flag, screaming obscenities, and generally being douche-kebabs all point to an extremely childish tantrum.

What do you do when kids act like that?  Ignore them. 

They crave attention, and I refuse to give it to them.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Christine

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 06:16:39 pm »
Wasn't there a law set forth recently that said people were not allowed to protest at funerals? Or was it just for veteran's funerals?

They protested at a funeral of a service person who lived in my area. The family is suing the "church" and brought charges against them. They are a vile group of beings.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 09:42:49 am »
sounds like the KKK.

Jesus, said love thy neighbor. He didn't say love thy neighbor unless he is gay.

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 12:23:03 pm »
I hope the family of the serviceman wins the suit, but it's not very likely. In addition to being a bunch of flaming assholes, a fair percentage of them are also LAWYERS! They know exactly how far they can push the envelope without getting into legal trouble. They sued the Phoenix Pride Committee for not allowing them to enter a float in the Phoenix Gay Pride Parade a few years ago. The float was to have depicted, among other things, Matthew Shepard burning in Hell. If you boys and girls really want to have a fun time, check out their website at: www.godhatesfags.com  You will marvel at the hatred that passes itself off as christian love. Perhaps the answer lies in finances. If enough pissed off people bring lawsuits against them, maybe they can be bankrupted into oblivion...
   Capt.Carl.
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 02:32:04 pm »
I have nice new shiney boots that would look lovely planted in all of these asshole's well....assholes. Have these people no real morals?
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 02:54:35 pm »
Yep...a bunch of them (including Shirley Phelps) are lawyers.  In fact, it has been speculated that they finance a lot of their hate campaign by frequently instigating lawsuits, carefully picked so that many of their targets will opt to just pay them a settlement than have time and money tied up in lengthy court battles with them...because they know they are so savvy at the law and can draw out a fight (or come up with another one) if they choose to contest.

In other words, "You can pay us a smaller amount now or we can cost you a fortune for fighting us.  Praise Jesus."

In addition to the godhatesfags site, I highly recommend:

www.bettybowers.com   She remains....America's Best Christian!  LOL
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.