Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

Partner newly diagnosed with HIV and PCP

<< < (3/15) > >>

Tonny2:

ojo        HELLO, THANKS FOR THE UPDATE...IT SEEMS HE IS ON HIS WAY TO A SPEEDY RECOVERY, NO, YOU DO NOT WANT HIM BACK HOME NOW, FOLLOW THE DOCTORS ORDERS AND BE PATIENT, HE WILL BE HOME FOR YOU...AGAIN, WE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT YOU, WE DON'T WANT YOUR PARTNER LATER ON TELLING US YOUR STORY IN THE HOSPITAL, GO AND GET TESTED...BEST OF LUCK...HUGS  OJO

2tcells:
im glad his appetite is better that's a good sign when I first got out of the hospital I was still in bad shape and taking 16 pills a day which was like a entire meal. sounds like he will recover but like other have said please get tested so you are not in the same spot next year! its easy to be health with the meds when your poz if you don't get sick first.

Andy Velez:
Hi Lee,

It's so good to see that things seem to be heading in a much happier direction.  So many times I have seen when the meds kick in and the resurrection is just amazing, beyond what you could imagine.

Make sure you are taking good care of yourself as well.

Here's wishing you guys a happier New Year!

Best,

Andy

Lee82:
Hi everyone, thanks for all your comments and support.

It's nearly 2am and I still can't sleep so thought would update you all. He is doing well breathing-wise, oxygen saturation levels are above 95, he gained another kg at the last weigh in (weighing him every 3 days). They have completely removed his feeding tube. He is now able to get out of bed himself and go to the toilet, but the physios seem to be never there.

They are looking at sending him home on Thursday and I don't know if it's too soon. We live in a first floor apartment and he has only managed 3 steps so far in hospital. I am struggling to adjust to the changes and don't know what is expected of me in terms of physically supporting him when he gets home. We have no adjustable bed, nothing to take blood tests or oxygen levels. I remember before he went in to hospital how bad he was sleeping so am dreading it. Since he started taking haart he is covered in Kaposi sarcoma which the doctors hope will fade in time, but it's a constant visual reminder of what's happened.

In himself he feels much better and is desperate to come home, so I feel bad talking to him about my fears for him leaving hospital. I know it sounds crazy, but the calmest I have felt throughout all of this was when he was in intensive care and I knew someone was with him 24/7. I will have to work during the day so don't know how he will cope by himself while I'm not there. Like I said in an earlier post, he has no family so I feel incredibly responsible for looking after him.

I just have to remind myself that 7 weeks ago they were 30 mins away from a ventilator and we have come so far since then. So hopefully in another 7 weeks there will be more improvement.

Ptrk3:
It's great to know that your partner is continuing his upward swing of improvement.
He is well on the mend now, and know that they would not let him out of hospital until he is well out of the woods.  His improvement will continue exponentially now, rest assured of that.  In seven weeks, he will be pretty much back to normal is my bet.

Thanks for the update and Happy New Year to you both!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version