Main Forums > Living With HIV

New To Forum Also

<< < (4/5) > >>

WillyWump:
Hi Fish,

Mecch has pretty much covered it all but jsut wanted to say welcome aboard it's good to have you here and thank you for your contribution to research all those years ;)

-Will

Fisher:
Just back from the doc in Mass.

The first hurdle over. My body has had no adverse effect to Altripla. And the only issue, besides excessive farting, is taking two or three hours to fall alseep.

The doc says it could be 3 months before reaching undetectable. I thought the meds shut down replication immediately. That surprises me.

Beginning to return back into balance. Although I've been infected for a very long time, I think I experienced the viral escape and being for the first time vulnerable as if I just found out I was postive for the first time.

It was very tough on me. Threw me way out of balance in heart and mind . . . for an absolute fruit loop.  I have great empathy for eveyone newly diagnosed now.

Lots of fretting and fear that did me no good at all. My next hurdle, to see if the meds are working.  This time, I'm not gonna drive myself nuts worring about it.

-fisher

mecch:

--- Quote from: Fisher on November 13, 2012, 07:46:04 pm ---Just back from the doc in Mass.

The first hurdle over. My body has had no adverse effect to Altripla. And the only issue, besides excessive farting, is taking two or three hours to fall alseep.

The doc says it could be 3 months before reaching undetectable. I thought the meds shut down replication immediately. That surprises me.

Beginning to return back into balance. Although I've been infected for a very long time, I think I experienced the viral escape and being for the first time vulnerable as if I just found out I was postive for the first time.

It was very tough on me. Threw me way out of balance in heart and mind . . . for an absolute fruit loop.  I have great empathy for eveyone newly diagnosed now.

Lots of fretting and fear that did me no good at all. My next hurdle, to see if the meds are working.  This time, I'm not gonna drive myself nuts worring about it.

-fisher

--- End quote ---

The HAART will work. Though its human to worry about it.

Getting a diagnosis in the years you go yours, was a helluva lot worse than today.  Today most newly diagnosed should get the same message pretty quickly from the doctor: "HAART works, HIV infection is manageable, please go with your life as planned...."

Perfect_Storm:
Hey I'm just dropping in to say best wishes and I hope you will feel better. If you ever need a friend you can always drop me a message =]

drewm:
HAART is a wonderful thing! Welcome to the forums  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version