Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:19:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772952
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 476
Total: 477

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Confused?  (Read 42978 times)

Offline ghostrider

Re: Confused?
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2007, 08:19:36 pm »
Hey guys, I saw a gastroenterologist today for the anal itching/discomfort/ and occassional blood on toilet tissue.

He went over a history review and the majority of the questions were std related including hiv, which he said in known to cause anal fissures which with a quick look he feels it it since there are no hemmroids visible. I didnt get into all the exposure and details because I guess he would have no clue anyway.

1) How common are anal fissures with hiv?

2) This has been going on since 30 days after my situation. Am I safe to assume that if I had a real risk as you guys say that this would not show up that early anyway?

3) Is it true that if someone is showing symptoms they would then test pos or is the time after symptoms a few weeks?

To put an end to this for good I made an appt to test on Wed afternoon, Ill try to keep busy in the mean time, as im really a waste to my wife and kids when im obsessed with this worry.

Ill report my results when I get them, prob next fri or later, Lab Corp- so it takes a few days I think.

HOPEFULLY it turns out ok, then Ill have 1 less thing to think about.

If someone could put my exposure aside for a moment and give their opinion on my questions I would really appreciate it

Thanks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2007, 08:33:13 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

After 100 posts and you don't get it. Seek professional help. WE'RE DONE, no reason wasting our time any further.

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2007, 08:50:43 pm »
Rod, In no way am I trying to waste anyones time. I was just interested in your opinions due to the experience and questions at the appt today.

Secondly, the majority of my posts had questions that were never answered due to the response of no risk.

However, the answers are all I was looking for, same goes for the three I just asked, I understand 100% your answers are not going to change, but simple answers would have gotten rid of me real fast, because in the end I still end up with no answers to the questions.

Once again I was just looking for 3 simple answers putting my risk aside for 1 minute, and I never meant to waste any time. REALLY/SORRY

The one thing I didnt mention above is the rectal discharge I have been having, I always thought I was just sweating but by the marks/spots in briefs its plain to see there is discharge.

And I did search this site for anal discharge and it returned numerous result so I guess it is related to hiv too
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 01:28:37 am by ghostrider »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2007, 05:30:37 am »
What ever. You can keep bug chasing all you want and it's still not going to be related to HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2007, 05:31:38 am »
ghost,

1. I've never heard of anal fissures having anything to do with hiv. Anal fissures are associated with anal intercourse. You got a blowjob, you weren't the receptive partner in anal intercourse.

2. Again, anal fissures have nothing to do with hiv. Let me put this another way, for clarification. We see people in these forums who report problems with anal fissures. These people do have hiv. However, they also have receptive anal intercourse. Of the hiv positive people who do NOT have receptive anal intercourse, none of them ever get anal fissures. Anal fissures are caused by trauma to the anal tissues.

3. If the symptoms a person experiences are indeed symptoms of ARS, then YES, that person would test hiv positive within a few days to a few weeks of having those symptoms.

Ghost, let me remind you that you have already had two time outs. We have a three strikes and you're out policy here, so if you insist on continuing to come here to wring your hands over a blowjob, you will be permanently banned. We don't seem to be getting through to you. I hope your negative test result this week finally convinces you that hiv has not been an issue here.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2007, 09:10:24 pm »
Thank you very much Ann for the thorough response.

I take it that the rectal mucus or discharge (whatever you want to call it) isnt usually seen in regards to hiv either right?

And if someone experienced a 2 day extreme fatigue/sneezing/swollen throat glands/headaches, after 3 months that is too far and in no way could be ARS right?

As i said I will report my results next week, with the 8 1/2 week neg I definately have some hope. And I think I'm right saying in any case it is very unlikely for a result after this time to change right?

Talk to you next week, prob have them by fri.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:41:36 am by ghostrider »

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2007, 07:13:46 pm »
Ann, could you please comment on my post, I was unclear as to whether they were included in your answer from the last one.

HAPPY EASTER everyone!!   Talk to you in a few days.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2007, 09:52:56 am »
I thought if we answered your 3 questions you would be done.  You did say that.

Rectal discharge has nothing to do with HIV.

And NO your symptoms have nothing to do with ARS.

It will be negative i'd bet my entire years paycheck on it.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2007, 10:04:18 am »
How about getting productively busy in your life instead of indulging yourself in these totally unfounded questions and concerns about HIV?

You've got a slam dunk negative result coming up is how I see it.

Stop with the just more question and start getting on with your life or is all this drama really just your way of avoiding doing that?
Andy Velez

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2007, 10:23:44 am »
Thanks guys, your time is much appreciated.

Even though the unexplained symptoms are what keeps fueling this, there is also the fear that maybe my test was wrong and now I infected my wife for not testing far enough, and not being able to be there formy kids.

Sometimes I go from telling myself there is nothng wrong and believing it then the fear totally overcomes me again. I know to see it for myself my end this back and forth stuff. As you say Andy, when I'm busy I'm fine, its the time with nothing to do that the mind starts.

Just wanted to give you some idea why I'm acting crazy and worried.

I talk to you after my slam dunk hopefully.  If not at least I'll have a years pay. How much anyway AC?

Thanks again for you time.

(NO RESPONSE EXPECTED).

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2007, 11:56:21 am »
Hey guys, going today to test at Quest Dagnostics. 16 weeks. One way or another there will be an end to this worrying.

Hopefully it turns out ok, I have to wait a few days for the results, so I'll let you know when I get them.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2007, 12:23:57 pm »
OK. Good luck.
Andy Velez

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2007, 12:50:57 pm »
Thanks alot Andy, I appreciate the luck.

Hopefully I won't need it as you all have been saying. Talk to you soon.

Slam Dunk Right?

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2007, 05:31:39 pm »
The hardest part is over with now. For some reason I feel a little less worry, probably because I know I will now have an answer one way or the other.

Thanks for all the help and support you guys have given.

I'll let you know how it turns out. They said 3-5 days
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 05:34:38 pm by ghostrider »

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2007, 08:29:40 pm »
I know you guys are probably going to kill me for this but I just had to ask.

My wife has been experiencing sharp pains in the stomach and lower abdomen the past week, and yes we have been having sex often because I'm trying to believe what you guys are telling me.

Regardless of my story, these type pains wouldn't be related tohiv anyway right?

Secondly, I called the lab today and they said the results get mailed o the dr that's why i takes 3-5 days but they can also fax to dr if they request.
I think I will try and do that tomorrow, but I'm really freaking out here once again.

I did feel better knowing I can stop wondering but now I'm not so sure of that.

Is everyone here 100% that this will be fine, taking into consideration my 8 1/2 week neg and any extenuating circumstances (herpes blister-not open) and the symptoms old and the ones that still linger?

The other thing that has me really scared again is the guy on here I just read about today that tested pos due to oral. I know he said he did both ways but from what I read here it's not too common giving either. 

I'm really scaring myself out of finding out the answer.   SORRY again.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2007, 08:33:58 pm »
The other thing that has me really scared again is the guy on here I just read about today that tested pos due to oral. I know he said he did both ways but from what I read here it's not too common giving either.

Well that's what you get for snooping in threads that don't concern you.

That is not what he said, but I'm not going to discuss another persons case with you. It bears no absolutely relevance to yours.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2007, 05:30:06 am »
Ghost,

The ONLY reason you haven't been banned yet is because I was waiting for your negative result. Believe me, if you come here to question that negative result, you WILL be banned. Not timed out, because you've used those up. Banned.

Sharp pains in the abdomen are nothing to do with hiv. Tell your wife to see her doctor.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2007, 02:02:31 pm »
Thanks Ann, I appreciate your patience.

I promise no more posts until I get my result.

And if this is neg., you have no worries about me questioning it. GUARANTEED

Thanks again. I'll report in a few days.

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2007, 05:54:23 pm »
I did make it to get my results and as all of you said it was negative.

This was 109 days so that is good enough for me.

Thank you for all of you PATIENCE and support.

Especially Andy, Ann, AC, and Rod.

And as I promised I will not be back here questioning this result. I need to get back to my family since now I just wasted allof this time worrying.

Thank you again, everyone take care.

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2007, 02:05:02 am »
I just need to positively verify a few things. As everone knows I have a negative EIA at 109 days. And I continue to have many unexplained things going on with my body. I have accepted this result even though the 6 month thing is still being tossed around.

About a month ago my wife found out she is pregnant, and my worries have seem to have resurfaced for some reason upon finding that out. I guess maybe the worries of having infected her by not testing long enough.

She had a time of heavy bleeding during an exam very much and when checked by the OB they told her it could be from the exam or due to some time of infection, I asked what she meant by that and she didn't know, but they would find out throught the scrapings they take I guess.

I feel I really shouldn't be back here but I am just unsure about a few things.

1) Is there any way of a false negative at 109 days, like lab error or anything?

2) Does the bleeding situation sound related in any way?

3) Why doesnt the CDC state the reason for conversion aftre 3 months like you do here? They just say 97% at 3 months.

4) What made the window go from 6 to 3 months anyway?

5) I just want to be happy figuring I have another one on the way, and this is just getting to me once again. Maybe I'm just looking for some reassurance again.

Thanks guys.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2007, 02:18:04 am »
Ghostrider,

Your 109 day test result is 100% conclusive and our answers are not going to change no matter how you try to slice this thing.

You are NOT a late seroconverter and I dispute the figure of 97% that the CDC is touting. They get a lot of stuff wrong. The CDC is an agency of the American government and as such prone to political interference. Here at AIDSMEDS we base our lessons and information on the available, peer reviewed science ONLY. That's why our answers often differ to those of the CDC.

And we're right.

The only people who may show antibodies AFTER the window period has elapsed are people who've been taking immuno-suppressive drugs following an organ transplant, people taking certain types of powerful chemotherapy for cancer treatment and some long term injection drug users.

You are not one of these people. If you were you'd know about it.

Given that you and your wife are going to have a child it's time you started focusing on the things that are important not unfounded fears about HIV infection. If you're not able to do that I suggest you seek the advice of a mental health professional. You're going to need to be there for your wife and child not sitting on the internet fretting about a disease you don't have.

Ya dig?

MtD

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2007, 02:23:00 am »
I totally dig. I don't know why the fears resurfaced after she gave me the news but they did.

Thanks alot for your comments. I appreciate it.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2007, 04:19:04 am »
ghost,

I looked up your [link no longer available] thread in the old forum and I see you never listened to anything said to you then either.

Ghost, let me remind you that you have already had two time outs. We have a three strikes and you're out policy here, so if you insist on continuing to come here to wring your hands over a blowjob, you will be permanently banned. We don't seem to be getting through to you. I hope your negative test result this week finally convinces you that hiv has not been an issue here.

Ghost,

Enough truly is enough. Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection so it's no mystery why you have tested negative.

Whatever is going on with you and/or your wife has nothing to do with hiv.

I'm banning you from this site. There is no point of you taking up our time and bandwidth when you don't even listen to a word said to you.

I suggest you get yourself into therapy with a mental health care professional. Your obsession with hiv cannot be good for you or your family.

Ann
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:55:34 am by iana5252 »

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.