Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:59:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 358
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: "The View" Discusses The Ban On Gays Donating Blood  (Read 16821 times)

Offline tednlou2

"The View" Discusses The Ban On Gays Donating Blood
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:59:06 am »
On Tuesday, "The View" discussed the ban on gays donating blood.  First, they had a guest co-host who I had no idea was gay.  He is a news anchor for Headline News I think.  His name is Thomas Roberts.

I was reading that a heterosexual who has had sex with someone known to be HIV poz only has to wait 1 year before they can donate blood.  Does anyone know if this is true?  I haven't confirmed that yet.  Gays are banned forever.  It is a discriminating policy that should be unnecessary, if they are truly testing the blood.  On another note, I thought there was a ban on paying people for plasma.  However, I just saw a local commercial saying you can earn money by donating plasma.  You can watch the segment below.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/06/22/The_View_Tackles_Gay_Blood_Ban/

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: "The View" Discusses The Ban On Gays Donating Blood
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 07:29:45 am »
They banned gays selling their sperm in the 1980s in the USA.  That pissed me off cause it seemed like a good way to keep injecting faggot dna in the population.

Blood donations?  25 years adult life HIV- and I always thought - "they don't want my blood, fuck 'em, their loss!"
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Boze

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 01:05:17 pm »
They banned gays selling their sperm in the 1980s in the USA.  That pissed me off cause it seemed like a good way to keep injecting faggot dna in the population.

Why? Is it just "more of my kind - hence good" kind of thinking or objective reasons?
==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Mar10 - Diagnosis; cd4 690 - VL 19,000
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jun10 - started Atripla ; VL 113
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Aug 10 - UD, CD4 810, 52%
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline mecch

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 01:31:28 pm »
more homos = good, yes.

call it subjective or objective.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Boze

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 01:37:22 pm »
more homos = good, yes.

call it subjective or objective.

That was my question to you. Do you think society/individual benefits from it or you just like the idea of more of your kind running around (which is what parenting all about in the first place imho :)

Also - i'm curious if any studies were done on the likelihood of gays having gay children vs population at large.

Lastly - do you think it would be morally right to reveal on the donor questionnaire your sexuality? Did they ask?
==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 01:56:03 pm »

Also - i'm curious if any studies were done on the likelihood of gays having gay children vs population at large.

This matters why exactly? 

And "ps" -- use of "your kind" isn't the greatest language.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 02:02:46 pm »

I always like to say, "Them peoples", and I know a black person.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 02:24:00 pm »
I always like to say, "Them peoples", and I know a black person.

Oh wow, one black person; you are so lucky. I have a token gay friend.

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 02:42:27 pm »
Oh wow, one black person; you are so lucky. I have a token gay friend.

Yeah and until she goes to bed every night my days are filled with fear.  I actually have a token white friend, he's like me, pretty darn screwed up.  We both entered our identity crisis days together, he never got rid of the gold teeth and still drives a 73 Impala on 22's.  I quit the high top fade when the left side of my hairline went too far back!  You can only razor a line part so far before part of your forehead reaches the middle of your scalp.   

Where am I going with this??  I don't know I gotta bald spot coming in the back now and the dread closest to it seems to be holding on by only two hairs..  finito

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 02:47:32 pm »
Yeah and until she goes to bed every night my days are filled with fear.  I actually have a token white friend, he's like me, pretty darn screwed up.  We both entered our identity crisis days together, he never got rid of the gold teeth and still drives a 73 Impala on 22's.  I quit the high top fade when the left side of my hairline went too far back!  You can only razor a line part so far before part of your forehead reaches the middle of your scalp.   

Where am I going with this??  I don't know I gotta bald spot coming in the back now and the dread closest to it seems to be holding on by only two hairs..  finito
Skeebo - I am ROFLMAO at work --- probably because there is a lot of what u just said that I can relate to....
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Miss Philicia

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 03:10:55 pm »
Oh, me too

please stop adding links to pictures of me. I'm very shy.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline mecch

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 03:29:38 pm »
1)  That was my question to you. Do you think society/individual benefits from it or you just like the idea of more of your kind running around (which is what parenting all about in the first place imho :)

2)  Also - i'm curious if any studies were done on the likelihood of gays having gay children vs population at large.

3)  Lastly - do you think it would be morally right to reveal on the donor questionnaire your sexuality? Did they ask?

1) Society benefits.

2) That is a topic for its own thread.  However my professors in human development do believe it is genetic but how that works out in populations is complex. 

3) They ask rather complete family medical histories and personal bios of the donors.  They sell the sperm of course its not really a donation since the giver get a little sum and the bank gets an enormous sum.  Given the complexity of 2) (is it genetic) I think one would be justified in lying about the sexuality question (and only that question - not if your maternal line has heart attacks), as a political act AGAINST discrimination against homos. 

Offline mecch

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 03:31:06 pm »

Offline Boze

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 03:35:22 pm »
This matters why exactly? 

Mecch said that he wanted to donate sperm to 'increase the amount of gay dna in population'. Hence i am curious whether gays have a higher probability of having gay children. And if so by how much. Purely scientific curiosity.

On the 'you kind' - you can safely assume that I am a gay-friendly person with  gay friends, etc. I am not comfortable using harsh vocabulary like faggot (as an in-joke since I'm not really "in"), but feel that my being already a minority here qualifies me for somewhat un-pc language.    
==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline mecch

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 03:41:47 pm »
Mecch said that he wanted to donate sperm to 'increase the amount of gay dna in population'.

No I said in the 80's they banned gay sperm, at the same time they banned gay blood. Or at least that is what I meant to say.

I admit nothing about the dissemination of my sperm in the 80's!

In a nutshell - society doesn't want hiv- "gay blood"?  Fuck the establishment providing the blood, then.

They don't want gay sperm?  I vote for subterfuge.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:43:26 pm by mecch »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 03:42:32 pm »
On the 'you kind' - you can safely assume that I am a gay-friendly person with  gay friends, etc. I am not comfortable using harsh vocabulary like faggot (as an in-joke since I'm not really "in"), but feel that my being already a minority here qualifies me for somewhat un-pc language.    

Your a breeder?

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 03:51:37 pm »
Your a breeder?

Yeah, he's sposed to be skrait. Bozus heterus.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 08:28:20 pm »
Why does anyone need a "token" anything?
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 08:31:49 pm »
Why does anyone need a "token" anything?

A take a "token" bath once a week.

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 08:50:13 pm »
I used to use a token when I took the bus and the Metro up in DC and the subway in NYC....
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Boze

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 01:48:41 am »
1) Society benefits.

2) That is a topic for its own thread.  However my professors in human development do believe it is genetic but how that works out in populations is complex. 

3) They ask rather complete family medical histories and personal bios of the donors.  They sell the sperm of course its not really a donation since the giver get a little sum and the bank gets an enormous sum.  Given the complexity of 2) (is it genetic) I think one would be justified in lying about the sexuality question (and only that question - not if your maternal line has heart attacks), as a political act AGAINST discrimination against homos. 

I also think that society benefits - but probably at the expense of the individual. Therefore - if one believes that homosexuality is genetic (and being one increases the likelihood of passing it on), I think the wish of the mother should be primary determinant.

Ie if she's indifferent - so be it. If she wants a heterosexual father - that's her prerogative.

Your a breeder?

That's us - keeping the evolution going for the last 1 billion years :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_reproduction
==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline mecch

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 02:40:04 am »
I think the wish of the mother should be primary determinant.
Ie if she's indifferent - so be it. If she wants a heterosexual father - that's her prerogative.

If it is genetic, that doesn't mean it must be expressed so directly - e.g. from parent to child.

(In my family generation among dozens of cousins it was expressed twice, with no identified homo parent of the two, but two homos in the preceding generation.)

When i thought about this in the 80's there was no question of genetic testing for buying a made to order baby.  Currently I am not sure where I stand about that.  I think its hilarious if the mother wants to buy sperm from a "genius", so be it.  If todays sperm banks (or any kind of fertility clinique) can test fathers/donors for genetic propensities - well I'm not sure I agree if this always OK.  As for sperm banks, I think the mother has a right to know the basic biographical info (and not genetic propensity info) that any woman shopping for a husband can know if she cares to know.

On the other hand, if they can test the fetus, I guess its OK to abort for some very grave and definite expressions - "your fetus will be severely mentally and physcially handicapped" - but even then, not always.  Certainly no abortion based on gender, or "propensity" to express a certain sexual orientation. Thats in the ideal, of course - in moral theory.

In brief, a mother is supposed to love and cherish who she pops out, cause the child is always always gonna be a surprise, and a unique being.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 08:57:36 am »
The mother's wish?  Which mother yearns to have a homo child precisely?

Offline hotpuppy

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 09:24:21 am »
Oh, me too

Darling, I think that is the kind of friend that *takes* tokens..... or other items of value.  Very nice.... :)
Don't obsess over the wrong things.  Life isn't about your numbers, it isn't about this forum, it isn't about someone's opinion.  It's about getting out there and enjoying it.   I am a person with HIV - not the other way around.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 10:23:41 am »
Are we now discussing DNA testing to allow the mother to abort an unwanted gay baby?  Nice, Borzel... nice.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 10:31:36 am »
I also think that society benefits - but probably at the expense of the individual. Therefore - if one believes that homosexuality is genetic (and being one increases the likelihood of passing it on), I think the wish of the mother should be primary determinant.

That's us - keeping the evolution going for the last 1 billion years :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_reproduction

Wtf?

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 11:28:16 am »
I used to use a token when I took the bus and the Metro up in DC and the subway in NYC....

I am in NYC now and I have never seen anyone use a token to get on the train so that must've been a long,long,long, time ago.....Ms. P, your assistance please, the bad man has me confused..... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 12:26:59 pm »
I am in NYC now and I have never seen anyone use a token to get on the train so that must've been a long,long,long, time ago.....Ms. P, your assistance please, the bad man has me confused..... ;D

Tokens were used up until the mid-90's on NYC subways.  I think the price was $.095 when I first moved there at the end of 1989.

I grew up in the DC burbs, and AFAIK there was never a token system at least not on the subway.  DC Metro opened in 1976 for the Bicentennial celebrations and I took it that first week, and it's always used electronic zone-based fair cards.  I can't recall what the buses did at that time as I never took them.

We still use tokens in Filthydelphia because it's avery ass-backwards city. They keep saying we're going to get them though.

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 12:29:57 pm »
I was partially wrong --
I was stationed in DC area in the Army 1986-1988 -- it was an all electronic system - no tokens on the Metro
I lived in Brooklyn Heights, NY back in 1992 and used tokens on subway
I was more just making a play on the whole "token" discussion that was taking place   :)
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline hotpuppy

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 12:39:31 pm »
I know a few places of ill repute that can be fun to go that still take tokens.... muhahaha.

Anyhow.... I think genetically modifying your unborn child is immoral and ought to be illegal except in cases of significant birth defects such as brain defects, missing limbs, etc etc.  Even then the parent needs to think long and hard about the conequences and if what are they doing is "right" for them, their religion, etc.
Don't obsess over the wrong things.  Life isn't about your numbers, it isn't about this forum, it isn't about someone's opinion.  It's about getting out there and enjoying it.   I am a person with HIV - not the other way around.

Offline Boze

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 04:20:44 pm »
Are we now discussing DNA testing to allow the mother to abort an unwanted gay baby?  Nice, Borzel... nice.

I don't think that's sufficient grounds for abortion. But - how about genetic therapy (in the future) that turns it off? Acceptable or not - discuss.
Wtf?

You need to be more specific which part of my comment caused your jaw to drop.
==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline john33

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 04:36:53 pm »
how about genetic therapy (in the future) that turns it off? Acceptable or not - discuss.

NOT, i know there are religious nuts who say Gay's don't have the right to live; not that they can do much about it unless they want to spend their futures in prison. But this would create a more accessible means of weeding out unwanted traits (gay, handicaps,hair colour, you choose).

In fact to follow this to it's conclusion, didn't Hitler try something similar, if in a more extreme sense

Offline mecch

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 04:47:48 pm »
I don't think that's sufficient grounds for abortion. But - how about genetic therapy (in the future) that turns it off? Acceptable or not - discuss.

WTF!  You are beyond the pale Boze.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 05:49:13 pm »

Sounds more like trolling to me, seeing as how 80% of the board is gay.

Offline john33

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 05:51:03 pm »
weel put miss P,

I'm guilty of responding before engaging my brain and realising what was going on

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 06:01:42 pm »
You need to be more specific which part of my comment caused your jaw to drop.

I guess the part where you inferred retardation comparable to being gay... 

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 07:55:22 pm »
Everyone's cinema homework for the day: Gattaca

I don't think Boze is trolling he's just trying to approach the subject from a somewhat neutral position.
I personally wouldn't want to tinker with my would-be children's genetics, but I know all too many parents that would. 

Boze you would do well to realize that your world view and the view of the rest of us who are gay is worlds apart.  You may want to temper your statements about homosexuality with that in mind to avoid some conflict, but you are as entitled to your opinion as any of the rest of us.  You are in essence advocating a parent's choice to change something that is such a strong core principle to a large percentage of us that we would not even be close to the same people we are today.  That's why everyone's kind of shocked by what you're saying.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 07:59:20 pm »

::faints in absolute disgust::

someone please give me my poppers.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 08:31:08 pm »
I'm just wondering if young Boze and the kids he used to play doctor with lived to tell about it .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 08:34:22 pm »
Hmmm... this topic has wondered a bit....

But.........  every gay person I know (token or otherwise) came from straight parents.  So -- homosexuality must be caused by..............   gasp, Heterosexuals!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 09:12:34 pm »
Borez, you need to understand that your comments are offensive. How do I know this? Because I get the moderator reports. You need to STFU and keep your homophobic comments to yourself.

If you have no idea what I'm on about, and I suspect you don't, then you need to do some serious soul-searching before you continue to post on this forum.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 09:31:47 pm »

Only if we can have genetic therapy to turn off your homophobic views. Oh but wait, being gay is genetic, where as homophobia, being a form of hate, is learned. So what exactly did your parents do wrong?

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 09:44:15 pm »
how about genetic therapy (in the future) that turns it off? Acceptable or not - discuss.
of course it's not acceptable. And that's where you went wrong. by even suggesting that we discuss such an issue.

However, just like a slew of the religious-right heteros wanted to put us pozzies into camps, a bunch of heteros will always be drooling at the prospect of "fixing" their children. Everyone can be as shocked/upset/disgusted as they want to be; but that's the reality of a mindset out there that is very prevalent. Under the guise of "I don't want my baby to be discriminated against and live being hated" that kind of parent would be more than happy to be homophobic and tweak their little tadpole so it doesn't grow up to be homosexual.

although as it was pointed out to me back in Feb or so, there is no gay gene to tweak, so everyone's angst about Boze not suggesting genetic therapy turn off the gay gene is moot anyway. ;) ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2010, 01:54:59 am »
The Southern Baptist Seminary is headquartered here in Louisville and ran by Albert Mohler.  I was surprised about 2 years ago that he said he now believes homosexuality is something people are born with.  Sounds good, right?  However, he said scientists should come up with a way to "fix" the gay.  I thought Christians believed we shouldn't mess with the unborn baby at all, because that is how God planned it.  Interesting he now believes it would be okay to "fix" the gay.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2010, 06:52:31 am »
Boze, if science ever identifies the gene for bigotry, "your kind" will be in trouble.

In the meantime whether you remain clueless or not about the nature of yoru remarks, Ann put her finger right up the matter when she said STFU.

I'm leaving this thread open for now and figuring that any further comments will get back to the original intention of the thread to discuss the ban on gays donating blood.
Andy Velez

Offline Boze

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2010, 07:14:05 am »
I'm sorry if anyone took offense to my suggestion for a topic of discussion - but I never advocated or suggested this. I was interested to hear the view of 'interested parties'. Mecch introduced the interesting concept of 'increasing gay dna' in the gene pool via a sperm bank, so I thought about the opposite effect of people tweaking their dna.

I realize this is sensitive - so apologize for treading on uncomfortable issues. But I assure you that I'm just intellectually curious, not a bit 'anti-what-you-are' :) Hellraiser got it right - it's like I  come from a different planet, unencumbered by taboos or topics closed for discussion. So think of me as a friendly alien who needs to be explained things you take for granted.

==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 07:35:12 am »

Hello kiddies!!  The keyword today is Narcissism...  In the next hour we will be having a game of hangman and the first word is 9 letters and starts with a B.

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 08:15:14 am »
I pick an "R" -- Are there any "R's" in the word?
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline john33

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 08:17:37 am »
I'm picking an "A", vowels are always a good place to start

(edited to add) and I think we'd better leave it there and get back to the OP before our dark empress gives us a rap over the knuckles
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 08:19:37 am by john33 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.