Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:34:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773209
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 525
Total: 526

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Sustiva Finally to Lose Patent Protection  (Read 3468 times)

Offline MitchMiller

Sustiva Finally to Lose Patent Protection
« on: February 21, 2017, 12:44:59 pm »
Sustiva is listed among the top ten drugs to lose patent protection this year (2017).  It remains to be seen if only a 600mg tablet will be offered or if the 200mg tablet will also be available.  Unfortunately, in the US, 600mg is still the recommended dose (why?), even though two WHO have proven 400mg is non-inferior to 600mg and has a more tolerable side-effect profile.

http://www.fiercepharma.com/special-report/top-10-u-s-patent-losses-2017?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal&mrkid=389569&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiT1dSaE5UVTRaV1JtT1RjMCIsInQiOiJQYXJcLzZpbStDSHIxRjRQSEQzXC9udklxVTVBY1Q2Z1hVb2U5dTcySlVUK253ZFhZRlFMR3RJdEFoT1BZcm9qNjh5TTJjNGs4NXRiY3NcL3BERzM3Nkk2WDZ5SlpFd29yVHhSRjFmWW5BXC9WU0hYTTFLOHQ4U3RhNFlFTlhDdktyQTgifQ%3D%3D

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
Re: Sustiva Finally to Lose Patent Protection
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 04:29:20 pm »
They've been saying that the patent on this is about to expire for a couple of years now.  I hope this time it finally does.  Good news if it does.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 11:14:17 am »
Brand Sustiva and Pals Leaving.

As I have posted on the Boards here over the years, my Doctor was quite forward thinking as I have been on the low dose 400 mg regimen of Sustiva for nearly 20 years with greatly reduced or absent the unpleasant CNS and other side effects many have noted while taking the full 600 mg dosage.

Another point I would like to make is that I also received notice that my insurance plan switched approved pharmacies. As a result, the new pharmacy carries a few of my medicines that are produced by a different vendor and in some cases generics (which is a good thing cost-wise). This means, however, that some medicines look different in size, color, and shape.  I confirmed with the pharmacist that I am receiving the correct Doctor prescribed medicine in type and dosage when I go to pick up.

:)

Best,

OT
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:18:06 am by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline harleymc

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 06:17:16 pm »
How does a patent expiring equal research news?

Offline MitchMiller

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 03:44:22 pm »
Seems a new one-a-day tablet w/a 400mg dose of Sustiva will soon be available in the third world... how about the US?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mylan-receives-tentative-approval-tle400-171400925.html

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.