Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:53:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 240
Total: 240

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: no danger in oral sex?  (Read 25320 times)

Offline antwerpen

no danger in oral sex?
« on: June 09, 2010, 03:32:58 pm »

Hello everybody,
Here is my question;Recently came back from vacation(south-america) where I received a blowjob in a parkinglot behind a nightclub.I used a condom but it was of those made in China not to be sold....( a very big problem overthere ).Anyway,during the blowjob I could feel friction as he(a transgender) seemed to use also his teeth,I know I should have stopped inmmediately but for some strange reaon I didn't.The whole thing lasted only a few minutes and I didn't even ejaculate just some precum.After I stopped I carefully removed the condem but it was dark  and I honestly can't say if it was broken or ripped because he scrapped with his teeth.I did't feel any pain afterwards.
Many hours later back home I decided to check my penis and didn't see any visible bloodstains only a small inflammation on the foreskin.
Now I now that insertive oral sex is very low risk and I did use a condom(from disputable quality) but there is the fact that I felt teeth scrapping my penis during the blowjob and the inflammation.
I red earlier from someone who got a blowjob for 8 hours(?????)that there was blood,scrapping,etc but the moderaters said no change for infection?Isn't there from the moment that blood to blood or blood onto a recent inflammation,small cut,etc is a very high risk factor?certainly on a mucalous part as the foreskin?what is the difference there with other parts of the body,why isn't that no risk accordingly to your moderaters?
I mean 8 hours blowing and blood and no risk?

Offline antwerpen

Re: no danger in oral sex?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 03:36:44 pm »
additional;every where else(the body for example) u read;very low risk UNLESS there are cuts lessions,inflammation,etc...

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:38:34 pm »
Im not a native english speaker so forgive me for my poor english :'(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:44:03 pm »
antwerpen,

Getting a blowjob is absolutely not a risk for hiv infection, with or without a condom.

Not only is saliva not infectious, it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. It doesn't matter about any cuts or scrapes. Saliva is NOT infectious!

And don't even go there with questions about blood in the other person's mouth. Unless you're in the habit of repeatedly punching the person about to blow you in the mouth, there couldn't possibly be enough blood present to be of concern.

Not one person has ever been infected by getting a blowjob and you won't be the first.

We're not responsible for the often inaccurate information on other websites.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! Read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them correctly and with confidence.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 03:58:06 pm »
thanks for the quick respons!

Offline antwerpen

a bit of tongue piercing
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 02:34:12 pm »
Hello everybody,

Yesterday I had a rather passionate kiss with a women I just met a few hours prior,at one point she bit in my tongue and it hurted,is there any danger of hiv transmission?I saw that my tongue was damaged a bit(a small open wound).I read that saliva kills the hiv virus but Im worried because of the small wound under the tongue and a possible gateway for transmission.

Thanks and hope for a quick respons

Offline RapidRod

Re: a bit of tongue piercing
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 02:36:24 pm »
   Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

   If you cannot find your thread, click on the "Show own posts" link in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your name.

Offline antwerpen

Re: a bit of tongue piercing
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 02:58:36 pm »
I didnt get an answer to my question?I know I should posted my new question a new treath but im a bit confussed,sorry?

Offline antwerpen

tongue piercing
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 03:07:05 pm »
Im sorry I ask the same question again,I know im supposed to merge it with previous questions but I honestly dont know how!I go to ·show own posts" but dont no what do further?Sorry again,maybe  u can explain me again? And please can u give an answer to me ?

Yesterday I had a rather passionate kiss with a women I just met a few hours prior,at one point she bit in my tongue and it hurted,is there any danger of hiv transmission?I saw that my tongue was damaged a bit(a small open wound).I read that saliva kills the hiv virus but Im worried because of the small wound under the tongue and a possible gateway for transmission.

Thanks and hope for a quick respons

Offline RapidRod

Re: tongue piercing
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 03:16:53 pm »
   Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

   If you cannot find your thread, click on the "Show own posts" link in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your name.

Go read the Welcome Thread and read the posting guidelines. Your question will not be answered until you get with the program and follow directions.

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 03:28:15 pm »
I go to show own posts but I dont no what to do further to merge?Im not that smart

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 03:33:00 pm »
I go to show own posts but I dont no what to do further to merge?Im not that smart

POST YOUR QUESTION HERE IN YOUR ORGINAL THREAD. http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=33013.msg406729#msg406729

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 03:38:53 pm »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 04:49:11 pm »
I've merged your threads here. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

Bitten tongue or not, kissing is not in anyway a risk for HiV transmission. You are worrying needlessly.

The only confirmed and certain risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Everything else in terms of risk is "theoretical." In the real world of HIV we know risk about unprotected intercourse.

There's no cause for concern nor for testing over your incident. 
Andy Velez

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 12:10:30 pm »
Hello everybody,

Is kissing someone who just kissed someone before who might be hiv+ cause a risk for infection, kissing as a third party so the speak?
Also,does alcohol destroy the enzymes find in saliva that might otherwise protect u?

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 12:48:58 pm »
No matter what details you throw into the scenario, kissing in any form is not a risk for HIV transmission. Period.

And no, alcoholic consumption would not affect the ability of saliva to prevent the transmission of viable HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 12:07:18 pm »
hello,

does having another std besides hiv increases the risk for transmission by reveiving oral sex?Like a ulcer on the begiinning of the penis shaft or something?
Sorry to keep going on about this but oral my windowperiod is closing so getting more ans more nervous

thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 12:11:26 pm »
   Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 12:20:20 pm »
The answer is no because receiving oral is not under any circumstances a risk for HIV transmission to the person receiving oral. Zip. Zero. No risk. Get it?

If you have an active std and have unprotected intercourse, either vaginal or anal, that is a higher risk for HIV transmission. The only confirmed risks for HIV transmission sexually are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

You've been told all of this before. I am going to warn you that if you come back with more of this same no risk stuff you are going to get a Time Out from the site. Consider yourself warned. 
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 08:47:43 pm »
Antwerp,

If you have an "ulcer" on you penis, why are you having sex of any description? Keep you ulcers to yourself.

Getting your dick sucked is NOT a risk for hiv infection, ulcers or no ulcers. End of story.

Grow up. You're not going to be at risk for hiv infection when getting blown.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 01:11:48 pm »
hi,
Yesterday I received a blowjob from a sex worker, the thing Im worried about is that  l have very small scap in the middle on the shaft of my penis due to masturbation a few days earlier.
I know that u say receiving oral is no risk but  I read so much on other websites that its no danger unless u have broken skin and therefore the increase of white bloodcells which the virus needs.
Please,I know I wrote before about receiving oral sex and your answers were a great comfort for piece of mind but I am married and I dont want to put my wife at risk.
I know it might all sound paranoid but for me it feels like a real fear.

Thanks and I hope u respond

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 01:32:24 pm »
   Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 01:41:47 pm »
Why is this excessively?There are people on this forum who write 30 or more times and they get an answer.
I post a question in a pollite manner and I receive a warning

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 02:01:14 pm »
ant,

A lot of those people with that many posts have been previously timed-out. And some are people who had actual risks.

You've been told repeatedly that getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

This means it doesn't matter that you had a scrape on your penis when you got sucked off.

It seems to me that your anxiety over getting blowjobs is more to do with your guilt of playing outside your marriage. If you have this reaction every time you get a sly blowjob, why don't you just stop getting the (NO RISK) blowjobs? We're not here to hold you hand every time you cheat on your wife.

And if you use this forum to continue to wring your hands over this latest NO RISK blowjob, you WILL be given that time out Rodney warned you about.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 08:41:22 pm »
I really wanne thank all the members for their advice and it put my mind very much at ease and yes I think it is as Ann said,for the most part, a feeling of guilt but nevertheless also from fear.
But can I ask one more question regarding kissing please?I know deep kissing is safe but Im a smoker for 20 years now and I never saw this question ask before;does smoking effect the ability of saliva killing the hiv virus while kissing(maybe even more when there is a small wound in your mouth)?

Please can I get an answer,I will except the outcome

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 09:12:36 pm »
No, now get on with your life.

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 11:37:46 am »
Hi,
Im sorry to bother u again with a question.
When it comes to oral sex all members her refer to proven cases with serodiscordant couples wher none of the hiv- persons became +.
Here's my question;Isn't this due to the fact that they,I presume, all use antiretroviral drugs and therefore have a low to undetectable viral load?Whereas at least 1/5 of infected people( in the developed world) don't know that they are infected and therefore not use ard and are a tread for continous infection.

Thank u

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 12:29:37 pm »
Hi,
Im sorry to bother u again with a question.
When it comes to oral sex all members her refer to proven cases with serodiscordant couples wher none of the hiv- persons became +.
Here's my question;Isn't this due to the fact that they,I presume, all use antiretroviral drugs and therefore have a low to undetectable viral load?Whereas at least 1/5 of infected people( in the developed world) don't know that they are infected and therefore not use ard and are a tread for continous infection.

Thank u
No it's because oral sex isn't a risk and saliva has over a dozen diffenent enzymes and proteins that inhibit HIV transmission.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010, 09:00:27 am »
antwerp,

Not all of the positive partners in the serodiscordant studies were on meds. The did all you need to do - which is use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 03:06:45 pm »
Hello,

I wanted to ask that if u put on a  condom inside out (which I read is one one the most common mistakes) how much does this increases the risk of contracting hiv and im asking this not just for oral( I know u say this is not a danger) but also vaginal intercourse.

Thank u

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 03:45:48 pm »
ant,

It's impossible to put a condom on inside out - it just won't roll down. It's common to accidentally get it the wrong way around and discover the mistake when it won't roll. This little problem absolutely does NOT interfere with the condom's effectiveness and ability to prevent hiv transmission.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 03:52:37 pm »
But the condom was not completely over the shaft,I guess about 2/3 while with proper use  shouldnt it cover the entire penis shaft?

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 03:55:41 pm »
I mean to the base of the penise

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 04:02:37 pm »
Ant,

You're not going to become infected through the skin on the base or shaft of your penis. The skin on the base and shaft are no different to skin anywhere else on your body. Hiv can only infect a very few, very specific types of cells and these cells are not found on the surface of the skin.

They ARE found in the lining of your urethra and if you're uncut, the inner portion of your foreskin that you cannot see when it is not pulled back to expose the head.

It's the head that's important and needs to be covered. As long as the head is covered, there is no problem.

Did you ever bother to read the condom and lube links in my signature line?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010, 04:12:09 pm »
I did now!

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2010, 01:47:30 pm »
hi,

This might be another siilly question but if possible I would like a respons.
 If u shave(with clear cuts and blood pesent afterwards) can u be infected by water thats been used by an hiv+ person just minutes before

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2010, 01:51:00 pm »
hi,

This might be another siilly question but if possible I would like a respons.
 If u shave(with clear cuts and blood pesent afterwards) can u be infected by water thats been used by an hiv+ person just minutes before

Thanks
No.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2010, 03:04:59 pm »
HIV is a fragile virus. In order to be transmitted successfully it needs the kind of receptive setting which unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse and shared intravenous needles provide. Don't share needles and use condoms everytime you have intercourse and you will be well protected. It's just that simple.

So you can stop with the one more little question and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2010, 02:39:31 pm »
Ok,I know Andy or some of the members are going to kill me for another"little question" but here it goes,please bare with me one more time.
Im currently staying with a family were one of the members is a male sexworker who doesnt care much about safety(he never had a test),this is why I asked the in my previous post about can water transfer....
But today we were talking in general and he showed me a some of his scares but there was also a fresh little wound,I didnt mean to touch it but as he moved his elbow I did by accident and as I showed something on my arm I touched with the same finger  a very tiny little wound on my arm,I guess due to a mosquitobite I scratched open earlier.At that moment I didnt think anything about it but later....u guessed it.
I know touching doesnt transfer the virus ( then I wouldnt have touched his arm right),but it just that finger on his wound and then immediately to a very small wound on me.
I red on this forum over and over again that the virus doesnt reproduce outside its host but bringing blood ,no matter how small the amount ,to your own wound must be carry some kind of danger no?What else about healthcare workers who have been infected?

I know im getting obsessed about it but only when I find myself in situations where there was blood because it is the most dangerous form of transfer,and connecting this to my very first question about oral sex,I visited the just poz forum and just in recent times 2 newly infected claim it was due to oral sex,why would they lie?

thank u

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2010, 02:59:18 pm »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2010, 03:47:17 pm »
No, that was not a risk.

And now I am going to give you a Time Out for 28 days for returning repeatedly here about situations which we have explained are not risky. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around the Time Out by creating a new name. We'll spot that right off and it will get you permanently banned from the site.

HIV is not your problem. If you can't accept that then get some professional help to deal with your fears. We can't address that problem in this setting.

Cut out the drama and get on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 04:55:16 pm »
Hello again,

I recently sat in a bar opposite a man who had the tendency to spit a lot when he spoke and I got quite some in my eye.They say saliva isnt infectious but the spit landed in the membranes of my eye which i presume is very receptive as u read an many webpages.Am in danger of contracting hiv in this way?
Please dont dismiss my question immediately as rediculous,I know I just come out of a time out and regarding my previous questions,I accepted that u were right but about some means of transmission Im still ignorant hence the question about spitting.Health care workers seemed to have been infected by blood in the eye.Is saliva maybe mixed with some blood into the eye an hiv transmission:I know that saliva carries low quantatities of the hiv virus but the mucolous membrane of the eye is so sensitive so couldnt this be a greater danger,again maybe mixed with particles of blood.
Im not making this situation up,the guy was really drunk,didnt seemed to have a healthy oral enviroment, giving me sometimes a shower.At some point I even stopped talking to him.
And no,no blowjobs involved this time so no feeling of guilt.

Thank u and hoping to receive an answer soon,with my previous paranoid questions u really did help, hope u do the same now
Thanks

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2010, 05:00:30 pm »
Hello again,

I recently sat in a bar opposite a man who had the tendency to spit a lot when he spoke and I got quite some in my eye.They say saliva isnt infectious but the spit landed in the membranes of my eye which i presume is very receptive as u read an many webpages.Am in danger of contracting hiv in this way?
Please dont dismiss my question immediately as rediculous,I know I just come out of a time out and regarding my previous questions,I accepted that u were right but about some means of transmission Im still ignorant hence the question about spitting.Health care workers seemed to have been infected by blood in the eye.Is saliva maybe mixed with some blood into the eye an hiv transmission:I know that saliva carries low quantatities of the hiv virus but the mucolous membrane of the eye is so sensitive so couldnt this be a greater danger,again maybe mixed with particles of blood.
Im not making this situation up,the guy was really drunk,didnt seemed to have a healthy oral enviroment, giving me sometimes a shower.At some point I even stopped talking to him.
And no,no blowjobs involved this time so no feeling of guilt.

Thank u and hoping to receive an answer soon,with my previous paranoid questions u really did help, hope u do the same now
Thanks

Antwerpen,

Getting spit in your eye is not a risk for HIV transmission. Not only does saliva contain substances which inhibit the virus but so do human tears. It doesn't matter that the man in question was drunk or may have had bad oral hygiene.

What you've experienced is unpleasant, but not a risk for HIV.

We have explained to you how HIV is transmitted. Please be aware that you will not be allowed to continue asking about these sorts of no risk situations. Your next time out will be 56 days long.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2010, 05:36:09 pm »
We've repeatedly given you the basics about how to protect yourself. Have you bothered to read our lesson on transmission?

Doesn't seem so as you continue with your "one more little guestion," which I can tell you will rapidly move you into another Time Out.
Andy Velez

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2010, 05:56:17 pm »
Yes I have bothered to read them ,but why is what I ask so redicolous when health care workers have been infected by bloodspats in the eye and that is what me and many others are worried about, wether about blowing, open mouth kissing or spitting....what if there is blood present(even if its not that visible,but how would u see that anyway during conversational spitting)

Thank u

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2010, 05:59:46 pm »
And what has that got to do with protection?Spitting?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2010, 06:03:55 pm »
You are making very loose and unfounded generalizations about how infection takes place. Even the blood spattering that you refer to in health workers is a very rare occurence and in certain very specific circumstances.

There has never been a documented case of transmission through kissing, spitting or receiving a blow job. Neither kissing with blood in the mouth nor saliva are infectious. You may want to spend further time on these exchanges but we don't. If you persist with these unfounded worries and questions you are very quickly going to find youirself getting a Time Out.

Maybe another site will indulge you in this kind of useless chatter. Consider youirself warned.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 06:05:37 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2010, 07:22:09 pm »
hello everyone,

Yesterday I took ,for the first time part,on mutual masturbation which during the act the other guy touched my anus(he also touched himself for a moment),I dont think he got inside ,I would have felt that i presume, but is there danger of hiv infection if some semen because of the masturbation touched my anus?
Yes I know u will find this again a silly question but it is not for me

Thank u

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2010, 07:34:26 pm »
hello everyone,

Yesterday I took ,for the first time part,on mutual masturbation which during the act the other guy touched my anus(he also touched himself for a moment),I dont think he got inside ,I would have felt that i presume, but is there danger of hiv infection if some semen because of the masturbation touched my anus?
Yes I know u will find this again a silly question but it is not for me

Thank u

It's not a silly question so much as an exasperating one.

We have explained to you, on more than one occasion, how HIV is transmitted. If you had really taken notice of that you wouldn't be here asking this question because you'd know better.

Getting semen on your anus IS NOT A RISK for HIV transmission. HIV is transmitted INSIDE the body. The anus is on the outside. HIV cannot get at the cells it needs to mount an infection out there.

Seriously, if you've haven't gotten the message by now I think there is very little more we can do to help you.

MtD
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:47:26 pm by Matty the Damned »

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2010, 01:43:14 pm »
Dear Matty and all the rest,

Is kissing someone with a blister(a cold sore?) on the lip dangerous for contracting hiv?

Thank u

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2010, 01:44:28 pm »
No.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2010, 02:38:23 pm »
ant,

You're not supposed to kiss when there is a herpes blister (cold sore) present as that is how herpes is spread. However, it is not a risk for hiv infection.

I'm giving you that second time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2011, 11:36:25 am »
Hello and thank u for this no bullshite site!

Sorry to bother u all again,but I did do another stupid thing many months after the last one.
I went home with a transvestite,got my penis sucked off without a condom untill I came in his mouth.
Later after being dressed we started to fool around again quite heavy( I didn't take my clothes off but he did and asked me to start rubbing his(silicon breast) very hard,slap them and even bite in them.
after he/she came (the first time I experienced this sort of sm behaviour!) I noticed that her/his nipples bled! and yes u guessed it....I completely freaked out!

1:How much of a risk was I in being blown without a condom,there was inflamation on the foreskin and the head was damaged a bit, it hurted somewhat after the rather rough blowjob.

2:What about the blood on and around the nipples, I kissed them and had some on my fingers from all the sqeezing and rubbing,afterwards I did wash my hands.

I know I presented some far fetched situations in the past but now blown without condom and ejaculation and the the top of my fingers touching the blood and maybe even my lips I am really scared

Thank u and hoping for a quick respons

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2011, 12:21:44 pm »
You never had an exposure in the situations you've provided.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2011, 05:06:30 pm »
You've been told before that the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Period. Use condoms everytime for those activities and you will be well protected.

No guy has ever become infected through getting his dick sucked and you are not going to make history by becoming the first. No, no matter what special details you throw into the mix.

That blood matter? Also not a risk. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted in that manner.

There's no cause for further concern about HIV in relation to your latest incident nor is there any need for testing. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2011, 12:24:17 pm »
I really dont want to throw different scenarios into the mix but for sure my fingers did rub on the blood(its because of the rubbing,a bit of bitting on the nipples,etc...that caused it to bleed).
I do not engage in anal sex,giving blowjobs,needles and the last time I had vaginal sex was 5 months prior to an conclusive negative test result but Its because of seeing those wounds on the breast.Blood is the most effective way to get infected no?
I do bite my nails and although at that time no hangnails are visible open wounds on the top of my fingers,the blood touched the skin and must have got under the nail,maybe just enough to infect through not visible open wounds.
Before that while we both were still undressed and during the rather passionate kissing and I receiving a blowjob( it went on like that for quite some time,kiss,blow,kiss,blow) I keep thinking maybe the breasts where already somewhat bleeding(not impossible since the rubbing,a bit of biting and sqeezing started during that time and they were at least already red ).I could have been that some small blood particles were mixing with saliva and sperm or at least precum.

I kept away from intercourse just because of my fear and only now received  an unprocted insertive blowjob,but eventually seeing many different small wounds with blood(not streaming,just open cracked wounds) freaks me out...
Knowing that just a tiny ,even unvisble amount of blood is enough to infect...

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2011, 12:31:01 pm »
And I must add that heshe was a saexworker so the highest risk group.

Again,no anal or me sucking just all the details I described and which I know Andy hates if I do so and Im sorry if I do so.

Thank u

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2011, 12:58:38 pm »
Seek out professional help for your phobias.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2011, 01:35:24 pm »
Antwerp, forget about that "high risk group" stuff. Sex workers like staying healthy and often take more care regarding HIV than civilians do.

What matters is what you and how you do it, specifically if you always without exception use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse. As you should know by now those are the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV.

So all that you try to throw into the mix to scare yourself with like fingernail bitting and whatever is totally irrelevant. Give it up and get on with your life. And you can't, then as Rod suggested, get some professional help with your unwarranted concerns.
Andy Velez

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2011, 12:10:12 pm »

Thank u and I really think u have an no nonse informative website its just me(and I guess many others having a hard time to let it all sink in).

Without a doubt I have phobias and should learn to deal with them and I really am trying ( that is why i have no intercourse until I cleared things up )but its all things to do with blood,because that is the most contagious form.But hard nipple sucking and a bit of biting and slapping and I guess consequently having some blood on your lips or naybe other body parts are not phobias I think.

So Andy or Anne or whomever,is even with cracked lips( which due to the freezing temperatures I had at newyear) tasting or whatever manner blood on your lips not dangerous at all?I really did suck the nipples and its area very hard,so really pressed my lips of and on to it.

Thank u and I really think u have an informative website its just me(and I guess many others having a hard time to let it sink in)

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2011, 12:20:58 pm »
One question about that confirmed;isnt just that what I and often many others describe is ..well weird acts? That those acts are not taking in account with all that research,serodiscordant couples,etc...
Whome or those in whatever kind of research program would only perform that?
Surely,I dont think there has ever been just an investigation on only kissing,biting of lets say nipples or other none convencional ways of making out which eachother where there might be for example blood,no matter how little or other bodily fluids involved?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2011, 12:36:03 pm »
Sir, if you and "many others" describe an act, it is not a "weird" act but a common one.

Kissing, biting, et al are routinely done by people in serodiscordant relationships.

I honestly think that you are expressing unfounded and irrational fear here - phobia if you will.

This site can not assist you with those fears, as we provide rational, data-driven scientific assessment. Such services are notoriously ineffective when confronted with irrational fears. I sincerely hope that you find help in dealing with your problems, but I think that this site is no longer a healthy place for you.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2011, 01:11:37 pm »
We've done what we can do for you in this setting. If you continue to return with more what ifs and speculations you are going to get a Time Out from the site.

Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2011, 12:14:47 pm »
First of all I want to apologize for calling it weird acts but I didnt describe what ifs.... those things really happened,absolutely no anal I swear, but all the rest and again it was seeing the damaged breast area when the light was turned on,like small little cracks that just opened and bled a bit.
Isnt hiv by blood contact then only spread through needles,anal or as ann describes it; anextremely bad and bleeding mouth?
And I did ask a serious question about all that scientific research. Has it ever happened about those acts and just those acts but no answer by andy or Ji...?So I guess it never has been done and therefore dismiss all the people who are afraid they are infected are those infected who claim they got from oral,"those acts",etc.. "not scientific" and basically say that everybody who claims they were infected that way just dont tell the truth.

I predict u are now going to ban me from preventing answering the question and therefore education us.

But nevertheless I do think u are a great site but do all of u honestly think and know its just..anal,vaginal,babymilk and needles?

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2011, 12:20:04 pm »
"And those sexworkers who like to keep good care of themselves."Most of them do drugs,mainly cocaine just to keep up with the job. The one I was with( I did not pay,he invited to his house) said he doesnt pay for it they just pass it around .

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2011, 12:26:36 pm »
Actually, breast milk very rarely transmits from a nursing mother to a child who has yet to develop an immune system. There have never been any documented cases of an adult getting HIV through breast milk.

Use a condom for vaginal and anal sex, and do not share needles if you inject recreational drugs. These simple acts will effectively remove HIV from your list of worries.

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2011, 12:54:37 pm »
We've given you the basics you need to know to prevent the sexual transmission of HIV.

We're not going to get into further conversation about the doubts and fears you have. Get some professional help if you need to.

And yes, you are being warned that if you continue to return when you haven't had a genuine risk you are going to get a Time Out.
Andy Velez

Offline antwerpen

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2011, 12:21:34 pm »
But JKINATL2,Andy or someone. I just asked a question;Are anal,vaginal or sharing dirty needles the only risks when it involves blood (or semen)?Not touching or kissing(I did had cracked lips)  just opened small wounds or cracks that are bleeding a bit,visible( no running blood)?

I am married and I dont want to put my wifes life at risk(yes I know guilt plays a part but it did happpen nevertheless).I swear I didnt have anal,vaginal or needle contact.

Please answer my question and I wont bother u again with this subject

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2011, 12:31:52 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2011, 01:08:21 pm »
Ant,

How many times do we have to tell you that only unprotected intercourse and needle sharing are adult risks?

You've been warned repeatedly in the past few days that if you kept this up, you would get your third and final time out. I'm now permanently banning you. Don't bother trying to create a new account as it will only be rejected.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.