Main Forums > Living With HIV

cervical radiculopathy

(1/2) > >>

Almost2late:
Has anyone had this and how did you get rid of it. Mine has lasted for over a month. My doc has prescribed an 8 day course of steroids, and there was some improvement but once it was finished I found myself in lots of pain again. The pain is mostly around my left shoulder blade and there's swelling on my back from the inflammation.. but it stretches out from pain in the neck to numbness at my in my left hand. 

800mg of ibuprofen seems to help a little, but I'm afraid it may be doing harm to my liver as well. I'm at my wits end with this.

Jim Allen:
Sorry to hear about this & the pain. Hope you can find something that works soon.

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: Almost2late on May 24, 2021, 11:43:02 am ---Has anyone had this and how did you get rid of it.

800mg of ibuprofen seems to help a little, but I'm afraid it may be doing harm to my liver as well. I'm at my wits end with this.

--- End quote ---

I had to Google that, to find out what it was. Do you exercise regularly ? Is there a chance you did something, or pinched a nerve during exercise, that may have caused this to happen.

Wish I can give some advice, But I can't recall ever having this issue.

And yes, Watch the Ibuprofen. I found out in 2019, how much that can effect the liver. My doctor told me to toss the Advil in the garbage, after I had some crappy readings. The good thing is, it all went back to Normal readings.

Hope things start improving soon for you.

Ray

Almost2late:
Thank you Jim and Ray, the kind words are appreciated.

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on May 25, 2021, 01:20:44 am ---I had to Google that, to find out what it was.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I also had to look it up.. it's the official name for a pinched nerve, but I've had my nerve pinched before and it never lasted this long or caused this much pain.
The swelling and cracking noise from my neck is also something I haven't experienced from any past pinched nerve episode, so I felt it merits the official medical jargon.

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on May 25, 2021, 01:20:44 am ---Do you exercise regularly ? Is there a chance you did something, or pinched a nerve during exercise, that may have caused this to happen.

--- End quote ---

Not sure what I specifically did to deserve this hell, but like so many others out there I put on a few pounds during the Covid and haven't taken care of myself like I should've. I have been attending to my yard, so there's that.

Heading to the urgent care now, hopefully they'll give me some morphine. 🙏

Almost2late:
Still have the pain, but not as severe. I've been going to physical therapy for it, I think it might be helping but sometimes I don't know. At times it feels like I've been shot with a tazer gun in my arm.. still know feeling in my fingers. And to make matters worse, now my left eye has been irritating with burning at the corners. Don't think it's related, but I feel like I'm falling apart. Going to make an appointment with the dr. about this in the morning.

Getting so sick of this shit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version