Main Forums > Living With HIV

Double Dosed

(1/1)

Loa111:
Well I messed up & double dosed this morning within a 5 minutes gap. Tivicay & Descovy.  Not paying attention to what I was doing.
 Anything to watch out for or that I should do?

I think I’ve a head ache coming on, is it ok to take paracetamol? Bit worried about overloading my system with medication.

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Double dosing, I've done that a few times over the years with different combination and even last week with my Truimeg.

No need to stress, but of course, I have to add if you start feeling unwell speak to your doctor. Taking Paracetamol with the HIV meds you take isn't an issue as far as I know and I doubled checked drugs.com interaction checker for you but you could ask a doctor if you like.

https://www.poz.com/article/doubled-dose-25186-9345

Loa111:
Thank you very much Jim for advice n article. Iíll have a get a pill box so I can track properly. Me reaching for my pills first thing every morning is so automatic at this stage, sometimes I cannot remember even a few minutes later if I took them or not! Thatís how I ended up doubling this morning.

Expat1:
I take mine with breakfast, hard not to remember if I ate 2 breakfasts. 

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: Loa111 on May 23, 2021, 05:35:55 am ---Well I messed up & double dosed this morning within a 5 minutes gap. Tivicay & Descovy.  Not paying attention to what I was doing.
 Anything to watch out for or that I should do?

--- End quote ---

Don't worry,...  We have all done it at least once. I have probably done it 4 or 5 times,, over the past 17 or so years. I have either accidentally skipped a dose, or double dosed,... And yes,  I have always used a daily pill box, and I still managed to screw up !  :P  In my case, I had taken two Epzicom's , within an hour of each other. And its always usually the result, of being groggy, or not focusing, and not totally awake, when I am taking my meds. When I have done it in the past, I just tried to drink a lot of water that day.

But I got to say, I haven't done that in a quite a while.

Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version