Main Forums > Living With HIV

Cabenuva

(1/3) > >>

Pirata:
Has anyone tried this medicine? This is the monthly injection.

Mightysure:
I have. I'm in the clinical trial and today is my 3 year anniversary.

It is a life changer. No more pill bottles, no more remember if you've taken your pill, worrying about if you ate enough for the meds that require food. No more worrying about pills bottles and airport security.

You just get two and go on with life.

Now everything isn't peachy keen. The injections, at least initially, do come with some injection site pain.  You do have to go into the clinic every month for the shots (for the time being anyway).

I'm currently in the trial to test the effectiveness of bi-monthly injections. So hopefully soon, people can live with only 6 doses per year.

I hope that helps

PozChilean:

--- Quote from: Mightysure on May 18, 2021, 03:18:35 pm ---I have. I'm in the clinical trial and today is my 3 year anniversary.

It is a life changer. No more pill bottles, no more remember if you've taken your pill, worrying about if you ate enough for the meds that require food. No more worrying about pills bottles and airport security.

You just get two and go on with life.

Now everything isn't peachy keen. The injections, at least initially, do come with some injection site pain.  You do have to go into the clinic every month for the shots (for the time being anyway).

I'm currently in the trial to test the effectiveness of bi-monthly injections. So hopefully soon, people can live with only 6 doses per year.

I hope that helps

--- End quote ---
That's a good point you make about traveling; I'd never thought about it.

I don't know if I could put up a with monthly date with needles... I hate them!  :(

Mightysure:

--- Quote from: PozChilean on May 20, 2021, 12:07:00 pm ---That's a good point you make about traveling; I'd never thought about it.

I don't know if I could put up a with monthly date with needles... I hate them!  :(

--- End quote ---

Yea. It's two needles every month. However, they are seeking approval for dosing every other month, if that makes a difference.

I will say that you get used to it after a while.  The ripilvirine used to burn like hell going in at first, but now it's just a normal routine.

It's just a god-send for me. I found an old Genvoya bottle from years ago and thought how easier my life is now.

leatherman:

--- Quote ---they are seeking approval for dosing every other month

--- End quote ---
speaking of travel, it'll be good to see if every other month works out. A shot (or two) a month would be great after nearly 3 decades of HIV meds; however for my husband and me, it's at least an hour trip or more (about 45 miles) to travel from our rural state to the metro area in the neighboring state for us to reach our doctor. Until this becomes a DIY shot, or at least bi-monthly (every 2 months), a number of patients will have travel as an access issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version