Main Forums > Living With HIV

Covid Vaccine

<< < (2/30) > >>

fabio:
Oh man,I'll be at the last people 😢. Did you have any weird side effects ? Or everything is mint?
Man,I cant wait to get it over with too so I can start clinicals.

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: fabio on March 04, 2021, 08:18:25 am ---Oh man,I'll be at the last people 😢. Did you have any weird side effects ? Or everything is mint?
Man,I cant wait to get it over with too so I can start clinicals.

--- End quote ---

No side effects!  Only a little bit of tenderness at the injection site, for a few hours.  Otherwise, all is well !

Hopefully you will get yours soon !!  Fingers crossed for you

Ray  8)

leatherman:

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on March 03, 2021, 04:45:00 pm ---It was quick and very well organized. I dont think it took more than 30 minutes.( This was the State doing it) They were giving them out in an old abandoned Winn Dixie .

--- End quote ---
took us about 30 mins (including the 15-min wait to see if you're going to spaz out to the vaccine. :) I had a nice chat with nurse who stuck me about my allergies to horses, aspirin and pineapple. I was the 2nd pineapple allergy she had talked to that day! The local hospital with the city (not my current city which is just a town but my former city about 20 miles away) took over an old discount store and was really working on stabbing lots of people. They are doing 20 patients every 15 mins because of all the stations they have set up.

the shot itself? Never felt it. the easiest jab I've ever gotten - and after 30ish yrs with treating HIV/AIDS, I've been jabbed a LOT!!! I lost count years ago after over 325 needle sticks (for meds, blood draws, all those jabs in the hospital) Today though my arm is sore as hell! :( Hubby has the same issue. However a friend that went earlier in the morning isn't having any issues. the jerk. LOL

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on March 03, 2021, 04:45:00 pm ---I had the same issue in 1997, with the same rotator cuff, and the shot back then lasted, up until 3 months ago, when it started acting up again.

--- End quote ---
ugh. i don't want to jinx myself but I've had a rotator cuff issue too. A few years back it hurt like hell and my right arm was numb all the time. I did the MRI thing but knew 3 people who the surgery had helped and 3 people who felt they were worse off. 50/50? I'm so not a gambler so those odds sucked. I put off the surgery and, lo and behold, my shoulder quit hurting and my arm isn't numb. (don't jinx, don't jinx, don't jinx)

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on March 03, 2021, 04:45:00 pm ---If it does, last that long,  that will take me to the ripe old age of 93.  :P

--- End quote ---
My Grandmother is about 5 months from turning 104, and I'm afraid I'm going to live that long too!?!

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on March 03, 2021, 04:45:00 pm ---March is a very busy month for me.

--- End quote ---
March is always busy for us. It's birthday month! Starting on Feb 21 to Mar 23, my mom, a nephew, a niece, both my younger brothers, a sister-in-law, and 5 friends have birthdays. My birthday is coming up too this month on the 14th (3.14 aka PI day :) mmm pie). I'll be entering the last year of my 50s!! Fifty-nine is pretty damned good considering I was supposed to have died back on my 36th and 38th birthdays. hahaha screw you HIV. I'm living to 104! :D

Oh, and screw you too COVID. I've got a shot in my arm and always have a mask on when I'm out, and I hardly ever go out. LOL

fabio:

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on March 04, 2021, 10:06:39 am ---No side effects!  Only a little bit of tenderness at the injection site, for a few hours.  Otherwise, all is well !

Hopefully you will get yours soon !!  Fingers crossed for you

Ray  8)

--- End quote ---

Glad everything went well,hopefully the entire country (and the world) gets done with this virus so you can get to normalcy faster.

fabio:
We are still on the 60-62 age group in Greece (my dad missed the age group,he is 56 haha) and it will probably take a lot of time till they reach the 25 group (me).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version