Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:23:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 210
Total: 210

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: COVID-19 Vaccine  (Read 70583 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2021, 07:13:13 pm »

Plus, I already scanned the card and made two additional copies of it for my file.
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline stratosphere

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2021, 08:01:25 pm »
Hello,  i had my second dose this morning (Pfizer) and had a pretty good day.  My arm is starting to get sore now and the body aches are coming on a little.  My partner was telling me to take Tylenol before i go to bed but i do wonder if that would affect my Atripla and also it has acetaminophen in it.  Not sure if i trust taking that or not. 

Anyone had any experience with side effects on the second dose?  If so how did you deal with it,  if at all. 

Thanks in advance.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2021, 06:39:50 am »
My partner was telling me to take Tylenol before i go to bed but i do wonder if that would affect my Atripla and also it has acetaminophen in it.
Atripla is comprised of efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. Tylenol (brand name for acetaminophen) does not effect HIV meds and is recommended for dealing with mild Covid vaccine side effects like soreness, aches, and/or fever
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline stratosphere

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2021, 09:10:09 am »
Atripla is comprised of efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. Tylenol (brand name for acetaminophen) does not effect HIV meds and is recommended for dealing with mild Covid vaccine side effects like soreness, aches, and/or fever

Thank you Leatherman.  I ended up not taking anything at all and just took a warm shower instead and used heating pads.  Slept okay,  a bit of nausea which may or may not even be related.  I'm still pretty sore today but not feverish so hopefully i am good now.  From hearing some of the stories i thought this would be worse,  so there is that. 

Cheers

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2021, 04:08:11 pm »
Looking at what's been published so far I'm should be in the 2nd stage/phase of people receiving the vaccine here. Still waiting for details though, coms have not been great.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline TexasDragon

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2021, 11:52:10 pm »
I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on Saturday, March 27. That is the single dose vaccine.

Ok - it hurt. I mean it stung like a mother! I expected something like a flu shot, pinprick going in and nothing much from just the injection itself. Oh no - i had a sharp and profound burn when she injected the vaccine. She said most people do and she massaged it in a bit and it helped.

By Sunday, my arm, shoulder, and up the side of my neck and head felt very stiff and sore. No fever. No chills. But definitely felt bad - tired, restless, headache.

Monday now and not much has changed.
Exposure 10-04-2018
Dx 11-08-2018
1st Appt 11-15-2018
11-15-2018 Blood Draw - CD4 468 11% VL 316,000
2nd Appt 12-04-2018 - Hep A and B Vaccines
Start of Biktarvy 12-14-2018
3rd Appt 01-15-2019 - All Good - 2nd Hep B Vaccine
01-16-2019 Blood Draw - CD4 934 28% VL 98
4th Appt 04-16-2019 - All Good - Final Hep B Vaccine
04-16-2019 Blood Draw - CD4 873 30% VL <20
01-13-2020 Blood Draw - CD4 1064 34% VL <20
09-29-2020 Blood Draw - CD4 972 32% VL <20
03-25-2021 Blood Draw - CD4 1168 38% VL = 26

Offline fabio

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2021, 01:28:07 am »
I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on Saturday, March 27. That is the single dose vaccine.

Ok - it hurt. I mean it stung like a mother! I expected something like a flu shot, pinprick going in and nothing much from just the injection itself. Oh no - i had a sharp and profound burn when she injected the vaccine. She said most people do and she massaged it in a bit and it helped.

By Sunday, my arm, shoulder, and up the side of my neck and head felt very stiff and sore. No fever. No chills. But definitely felt bad - tired, restless, headache.

Monday now and not much has changed.

Oh man, and I wanted to do the J&J vaccine haha. Now I'm scared (like with most injections) until the time comes (which is probably quite far) when the people at 25 are the ones to get vaccinated.

The shoulder stiffness is to be expected I guess, usually it is what happens with most injections. Had the same thing with the vaccines they did to me on the military. They didn't even say what was in it. It could easily have been sugar syrup, lol.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2021, 04:39:37 pm »
Well, the update here is they changed the vaccine stages/groups. I think I've gone from group 4 that would be due soon to group 7. So it will be a while longer until I get vaccinated.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2021, 02:04:30 am »
They are considering doing the university students early here with the J&J vaccine so we might get that done quick (might is the keyword).

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2021, 11:17:15 am »
Mr&Mr Leatherman got our 2nd pfizers shot a week ago. Once again I had a sore arm the next day - but nothing like that first time. so that part was good. my hubby though, this time he didn't get a sore arm but he did get a day full of nausea. ugh. but, you know, yeah! it's working. :D

Like the nurse for my first dose, the nurse this time and I laughed about my odd allergies (horses, aspirin, pineapple - an animal, a med and a fruit) and how amazing it was that I've been living with HIV for about 37 years now (wow. i didn't feel so old on my birthday day two weeks ago but writing 37 yrs does kinda make me feel old. WooHoo! LOL) The nurse also talked to me about how many different reactions she was hearing about. Mostly headaches, nausea, fever and arm aches. But, she said, everyone seemed to have oddly different combinations, duration, and extent of those side effects.

My heart did get to racing just a bit while we were waiting in the 15-min observation area. Because of the slow-then-fast rollout of the vaccine in my state (South Carolina), although there were only a few of us at the clinic when we got our first shots, the state was expediating teacher vaccinations, and the clinic this time was quite full. Spaced only 6ft away, while I was chatting with my hubby, I could hear people around me chatting also. (**oh wait! I did have another side effect. but I'll tell you about that in a minute) There was a gaggle of teachers just to my right, chatting up about all their covid experiences - not only with the education system, but personally!

My heart rate jumped up again and again as each time one of these teachers talked about how they and their families had had covid and what symptoms they had dealt with!!  :o The germophobe-AIDS-hermit-that-I-was-in-the-90s, who stills lives just in the back of my head, was screaming in terror!!!  :o :o

Of course about then I was starting to have one other odd side effect. Starting as we finished our wait time (and I got the hell away from those teachers and their germs!!), I began to have some brain fog.  ??? I haven't had that since my old aIdS dayz  8) It lasted for several hours, so I was glad my hubby was driving that day. It did however make our shopping trips to Sams quite enjoyable. Kinda high and hazy and shopping?? You couldn't ask for a nicer vaccinated afternoon. :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2021, 07:39:34 pm »

ojo.        Hello everyone!

Question: if someone is living with aids, is it OK to get vaccinated?... I will appreciate did your feedback. Thank you.                                           ojo

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2021, 10:13:19 pm »

ojo.        Hello everyone!

Question: if someone is living with aids, is it OK to get vaccinated?... I will appreciate did your feedback. Thank you.                                           ojo

I think you should be fine but you can always ask before them jab you. Your CD4's are over 200 at the moment, right? I know I am getting mine.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2021, 10:16:35 pm »
Well, the update here is they changed the vaccine stages/groups. I think I've gone from group 4 that would be due soon to group 7. So it will be a while longer until I get vaccinated.

Heard from the Hospital today they ordered my vaccine as they have me in the "Extreme vulnerable group" so group 4 going meaning I will be notified within the next 4/5 days and vaccinated within the next 10.  :) Happy days.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

PozChilean

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2021, 10:49:30 pm »
I got my second Pfizer dose in early March so this week I was able to get a flu shot.

@Jim: Yay at getting your first shot within the next few weeks!

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2021, 08:29:57 am »
I think you should be fine but you can always ask before them jab you. Your CD4's are over 200 at the moment, right? I know I am getting mine.

Hi Jim, thanks for replying...my cd4 level is 600/800 incredible, after being diagnosed with aids and  any 20 cd4 in 1994. I’ve been in that range for the last three years.

I was asking for a friend who stopped treatment 14 months ago, his last cd4 level was 1200, now he doesn’t know his level. I asked my ID doctor and he said that it was ok for him to get  the vaccine.

By the way, I got my moderna second shot on Thursday, yesterday , Friday, I was in bed with chills and body aches, no fever tho, today, Saturday, feeling OK...hugs
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 08:34:51 am by Tonny2 »

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2021, 10:47:25 am »

Rachael Maddow From MSNBC,  speaks last night on receiving her Johnson & Johnson vaccine yesterday.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/maddow-set-your-concerns-aside-and-get-vaccinated-do-it-for-others-if-not-for-yourself-109959749614

Ray  8)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:02:52 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2021, 04:35:12 am »
Well, finally I got an appointment for my first shot Tuesday.. 1 week before everyone will be eligible.

I really don't understand our governor's strategy.. pushing teachers ahead of grocery workers, seniors and ppl with comorbidities.. just to open schools back up so the kiddies can take the covid back home to mom and dad?.. whatever, what do I know.

Guess what really matters is ppl are getting it, the more the merrier.. What the covid pandemic and it's vaccine may teach us is it takes more than a village.. probably the entire world to get onboard, if we don't want a variant that we won't be able to control.

Rachael Maddow From MSNBC,  speaks last night on receiving her Johnson & Johnson vaccine yesterday.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/maddow-set-your-concerns-aside-and-get-vaccinated-do-it-for-others-if-not-for-yourself-109959749614

Ray  8)
I wish everyone had common sense.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2021, 09:33:25 pm »
Well, finally I got an appointment for my first shot Tuesday.. 1 week before everyone will be eligible.

I am assuming you meant today for getting your vaccine. How did everything go ?

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2021, 09:53:25 pm »
I am assuming you meant today for getting your vaccine. How did everything go ?

Ray

Yes😃, TODAY!!

I felt nothing, it was the Pfizer one. It was sunny outside, not a cloud in the sky.. I ate a burrito from a nearby truck afterwards. 🌞 🌯 🌈

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2021, 10:23:20 pm »
Yes😃, TODAY!!

I felt nothing, it was the Pfizer one. It was sunny outside, not a cloud in the sky.. I ate a burrito from a nearby truck afterwards. 🌞 🌯 🌈

Great !! 1 more to go !  8)

Ray  8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2021, 12:40:15 pm »
Ugh so they stopped vaccines for my group again pending review regarding blood clot risks. >:(

I read all the reports etc and I just want to be vaccinated already.

Oh well I'll have to wait a little longer it seems
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2021, 01:14:00 pm »
Ugh so they stopped vaccines for my group again pending review regarding blood clot risks. >:(

I read all the reports etc and I just want to be vaccinated already.

Oh well I'll have to wait a little longer it seems

They stopped the j &J vaccine in the US due to clots. One death because of it.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2021, 02:28:49 pm »
They stopped the j &J vaccine in the US due to clots. One death because of it.

Yeah heard the US had pauzed the J&J shot. Here it's the AstraZeneca shot causing some concerns.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0413/1209536-covid-19-ireland/
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2021, 09:36:48 am »
Oh man,and my dad is about to do the J&J at 21 of April for the 50-55 age group...
Hope things go well for all of us.

Offline virgo313

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2021, 01:04:22 pm »
Over here the vaccination rollout is at snail pace. I still have not got an appointment even I am eligible under phase 2 (diabetes). On the positive side, both my parents get their 1st dose end of this month under the above 60 category. I think they will be getting China Sinovac jab. No choices here. One get what the government give.
RVD Nov 2015. VL --> Log 5.32 HAART on 23/11/15
TDF+FTC+EFV / Chemo KS - 25/11/15 - 20/01/16.
CD4 - 4 (3/11/15) / VL - 225,000

Offline J.R.E.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2021, 05:55:12 pm »
Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months

He also said it’s possible people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/15/pfizer-ceo-says-third-covid-vaccine-dose-likely-needed-within-12-months.html

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2021, 06:38:06 pm »
Hey guys,just checked online with my insurance number if I'm on the list for vaccination. Turns out I am...but I'm kind of scared to just go like that and make an appointment. Tomorrow I'll call my ID department to see what I should do and if it's necessary to do it now. I'm a bit scared now.....

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2021, 08:06:54 pm »
what I should do
get vaccinated!

if it's necessary to do it now
YES!

I'm a bit scared now
why? didn't you read this thread?  :D A whole bunch of us PLWH have been vaccinated.....and no one died, and no one has gotten covid. Sure your arm might hurt for a day or two, or maybe you'll feel sick and crappy for a day. That's not much of a sacrifice to not die and stay alive. You're already taking daily meds so you stay alive and don't die from HIV, why not this vaccination.

and speaking of vaccinations, there's flu, tetanus, pneumonia, etc vaccinations that you ought to make sure you're gotten too. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2021, 08:23:50 pm »

Fabio,..

If you are on the appointment list to get vaccinated, by all means get it !!

Ray  8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2021, 08:30:59 pm »
get vaccinated!

and speaking of vaccinations, there's flu, tetanus, pneumonia, etc vaccinations that you ought to make sure you're gotten too. ;)

HIV Infection and Adult Vaccination

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/adults/rec-vac/health-conditions/hiv.html

Ray  8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2021, 11:09:43 am »
Hey guys,just checked online with my insurance number if I'm on the list for vaccination. Turns out I am...but I'm kind of scared to just go like that and make an appointment. Tomorrow I'll call my ID department to see what I should do and if it's necessary to do it now. I'm a bit scared now.....

Wish I was getting my vaccine.

Anyhow, go for it.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2021, 02:27:46 pm »
I am gonna contact my docs first and then do the appointment it could just be false alarm,because the age group is still on the 55 and up.

Offline fabio

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2021, 02:30:18 pm »
get vaccinated!
YES!
why? didn't you read this thread?  :D A whole bunch of us PLWH have been vaccinated.....and no one died, and no one has gotten covid. Sure your arm might hurt for a day or two, or maybe you'll feel sick and crappy for a day. That's not much of a sacrifice to not die and stay alive. You're already taking daily meds so you stay alive and don't die from HIV, why not this vaccination.

It's not that I dont want to,but I'm mostly scared of messing up the appointments. I do want to contact my doctors first to consult them if it's ok for me to do it now or wait a bit.
The beurocracy of it all is what scares and fills me with anxiety.

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2021, 02:59:16 am »
It's not that I dont want to,but I'm mostly scared of messing up the appointments. I do want to contact my doctors first to consult them if it's ok for me to do it now or wait a bit.
The beurocracy of it all is what scares and fills me with anxiety.

NO....it's NOT the "beurocracy"......since you first want to consult your doctors  :P

Before I made appointments for my parents, I first called their doctors to check if there were any contra indications or health issues for them to get the Pfizer shots.

Our ID doctor told us in january that there was going to a trial with hiv patients early february to study the effects of the vaccine, we enlisted....but the whole schedule got messed up because of the vaccine shortage. We are still waiting for the call.

Offline fabio

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2021, 03:33:00 am »
NO....it's NOT the "beurocracy"......since you first want to consult your doctors  :P

Before I made appointments for my parents, I first called their doctors to check if there were any contra indications or health issues for them to get the Pfizer shots.

Our ID doctor told us in january that there was going to a trial with hiv patients early february to study the effects of the vaccine, we enlisted....but the whole schedule got messed up because of the vaccine shortage. We are still waiting for the call.
I mostly want to ask because I'm not sure how to go about making the appointment since there is little info from the government,that's what I meant haha. In general,beurocracy in Greece is the worst. Since hitting 18 I hate going to public services (not only they are rude,but they send you to irrelevant places).

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2021, 03:22:23 pm »
I am gonna contact my docs first and then do the appointment it could just be false alarm,because the age group is still on the 55 and up.

Just tell them you are 55, that you just look just young for your age.  ;D

Anyway,...good luck to you,... And I hope you can get the vaccine soon. !!

Until then,... Just do what you doing, and stay safe, until that time when you can get the vaccine.

Ray  8)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:25:55 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline gafry53

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2021, 06:38:07 pm »
I was wondering if anyone who has taken the covid-19 vaccine and is on HIV medications had an effects?? Wonder what the long term effect on our immune system will be ??

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2021, 08:49:10 pm »
@gafry53

Stop it! If you come back with more of the same on vaccines it will lead to a time out from the forum. (Ban)

If you don't want to be vaccinated that's up to you.

Questions:

I was wondering if anyone who has taken the covid-19 vaccine and is on HIV medications had an effects?? Wonder what the long term effect on our immune system will be ??

If you had the covid-19 vaccine please let us know if you had any reactions or problems. We are already taking drugs to control our HIV now more to control possible covid-19. Give us your feed back if it effected your HIV or if you had a bad reaction.

Has anyone got the vaccine who is undetectable and did you have any reactions and what kind ?? I am undetectable  taking Atripla and waiting to see what this experiment vaccine does to your immune system before taking any vaccine.

I know your working for the drug companies.
So your answer is taken with a grain of salt.

So called NEWS don't tell you over 1500 died and 30,000 plus had side effects form the vaccine. They also don't tell you that Doctors are not sure of the long term effect it has on your immune system? I am waiting a long time to take this for a virus that had a 99% survival rate. This Country is full of people afraid because they are not informed and don't want to be.

Answers:

Not sure what you mean with experiment

Anyhow, plenty of people have had the vaccine including forum members.

ojo.      Vvv v.   Hello everybody... I think I read someone saying that he/she is not taking the vaccine because doctors don’t know what the long time effects are, we are taking art and we don’t know what’s going to happen in the future, but, we know what happens in the present if we don’t take antiretroviral meds, DEATH, so, I will worry in the future if my pp gets bigger because having gotten the Covid vaccine... just a thought, but the way, I got my first MODERNA shot next one, April 8th...hugs

Ugh, please stop posting bullshit.  Had enough of your nonsense, consider yourself warned.

if you read through this thread is full of people who are UD and have little to no reactions to the vaccine.

It's not that much of an "experimental" vaccinehttps://https://www.thebodypro.com/article/mrna-vaccine-covid-19-hiv
www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

You might not want to be to dismissive of mrna vaccines as they might end up curing HIV
https://www.thebodypro.com/article/mrna-vaccine-covid-19-hiv

as to worrying about this vaccine, I would suggest that instead you consider changing from Atripla to something more effective with less side effects. That drug is no longer prescribed as a front line medication because other much better (more effective, less side effects) meds have been on the market for a decade of more.
your answer was a little rude and dismissive although Jim's answer said nothing tainted by the drug companies. MRNA meds aren't really experimental and plenty of people, including forum members (like me!) have had this vaccine.

If you're an antivaxxer there's not much any of us can say to change your mind.

your math skills are atrocious.

You can't look at the quantity because every year there are more people on earth and more of everything happening. The population is larger every year. Usually more people vote every time. More diseases are happening to all those larger populations. Etc. So to understand the impact of something you have to consider the percentage. For example, aspirin kills 9000 people a year! Sounds terrible doesn't it?! but out of billions of doses per year to an ever increasing patient base that 9k doesn't even equate to 1% of the population.

So far over 100 million doses have been given out in America alone and the percentage of death is only 0.0018%
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

Also that 99% survival rate you are touting, that's only good for people who don't have additional comorbidities, who are younger than 50, who aren't black or latinx, etc. For some people the survival rate ain't that good, and we all should have a bit of empathy for those of us who aren't as lucky.
and that's a completely misinformed viewpoint about those other "people". Not understanding or not agreeing with the safety precautions of others doesn't make them un-informed.

You mean the same drug companies that have kept you from dying of AIDS? C'mon dude, you're being ridiculous.. I don't think HIV drug companies need to plant someone to pretend they're poz to sell their drugs.. they pretty much sell themselves.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/safety-of-vaccines.html
https://immunizebc.ca/ask-us/questions/are-there-long-term-side-effects-caused-mrna-covid-19-vaccines-how-do-we-know
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 08:52:43 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2021, 04:34:49 am »
Good news! I just got the green light from my doctors and my papers were ready. I only went to the pharmacy and booked both my appointments for the vaccine, the first one being at 17th of May and the other one on June.
Although I dont know which vaccine it will be, I'm kinda bummed that I'll have to do 2 doses haha. Oh well,now I can enter the vaccination club,hope there are some good prizes 😂.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2021, 05:10:53 pm »
Good news! I just got the green light from my doctors and my papers were ready. I only went to the pharmacy and booked both my appointments for the vaccine, the first one being at 17th of May and the other one on June.
Although I dont know which vaccine it will be, I'm kinda bummed that I'll have to do 2 doses haha. Oh well,now I can enter the vaccination club,hope there are some good prizes 😂.

Oh,.... That's GREAT !!  8) Glad to see the ball rolling, and that you will soon have your first shot !!  8)

Ray  :)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline zach

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2021, 05:29:40 pm »
May the fourth be with me

1st shot scheduled 5/4

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2021, 09:13:48 pm »
May the fourth be with me

1st shot scheduled 5/4

:)  FANTASTIC !!

Ray 8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2021, 07:20:02 pm »
Exclusive: Pfizer begins exporting U.S.-made COVID-19 vaccine to Mexico

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/exclusive-pfizer-begins-exporting-us-made-covid-19-shots-abroad-starting-with-2021-04-29/

Pfizer Inc's (PFE.N) shipment of COVID-19 vaccine to Mexico this week includes doses made in its U.S. plant, the first of what are expected to be ongoing exports of its shots from the United States, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Thursday.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline virgo313

« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2021, 11:34:38 pm »
Just want to ask if anyone is willing to take AstraZeneca vaccine?

Reason I am asking is that we have a very slow rollout date for vaccine appointments,
Our government is considering to “release” AstraZeneca on a first come first served basis for those (any age) willing to take this brand instead waiting for those in phase 3 (below 60 group).

Offline daveR

« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2021, 02:29:46 am »
Yes, I am willing to take it, 58 year old male. Probably be the best offer I get in Thailand. I see no issues, I know of the blood clot issues but if you look at the statistics involved, I wouldn't be concerned. If on the other hand I was a young lady, already taking birth control pills, I would think about it a bit more.

Offline fabio

« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2021, 04:59:21 am »
I would too,although I'll probably be getting another one now. It could be astra zeneca,they don't really tell us here which one it is. Not to mention ages 30-49 will be doing AstraZeneca without any objection,because that's the only one for that age group.

Offline virgo313

« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2021, 06:03:29 am »
Thanks Dave, Thanks Fabio,
Ok, I will go for it once we can register ourself under this program & not wait for phase 3. I guess the very very tiny risk is better then not having any jab. Tks

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2021, 07:10:28 am »
It could be astra zeneca,they don't really tell us here which one it is
although not about this comment per se, it seems a lot of people don't understand this vaccine roll-out. I've never heard of anyone getting to "choose" which one they want. What happens is, depending on vaccine approval dates and manufacturing processes, doses are created and shipped out to next on the list basically.

Pzifer, moderna, and then J&J have rolled out in America and which vaccine you get depends on when it was manufactured, how much was allocated to your state, what type was shipped to your local hospital or vaccination location, and when you were able to get the vaccine. Because many locations receive shipments of all of these brands, when and where you get the vaccination is the factor in determining what brand you will receive.

When I got my vaccine, I got the pzifer because the previous shipment of Moderna to our area had run out and the next shipment sent to this vaccination location was Pzifer. A few local clinics got more moderna along with J&J, so what type you got depended on when you got the shot and at what location.

I found out what med I was getting when I got it. I would imagine that the same thing happens anywhere else. the nurse/health professional who gives you the vaccination should inform you. If not, the brand should be noted in the paperwork you are given. So much data is being tracked about this disease and these vaccinations, there's no way you and the person giving you the shot shouldn't be able to easily find out which one you have received. I don't think there are many countries giving out vaccinations now, that regularly inject their citizens with drugs without some sort of paperwork and consent from the patient.

tl;dr
no one really "chooses" what vaccine they receive. it depends on what was shipped to your area. ask the nurse giving the shot. they'll have paperwork about what type your getting.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2021, 09:32:27 am »
Just want to ask if anyone is willing to take AstraZeneca vaccine?

Reason I am asking is that we have a very slow rollout date for vaccine appointments,
Our government is considering to “release” AstraZeneca on a first come first served basis for those (any age) willing to take this brand instead waiting for those in phase 3 (below 60 group).

Yes.

I just got home from getting vaccinated today. In Ireland, they are only vaccinating the 60 + group this month + the very high-risk group.

I got the Pfizer vaccine, However, I did not ask beforehand and would have taken whatever one they had.

https://twitter.com/JimAllenDublin/status/1388108913791352834

« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 09:43:09 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.