Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2022, 12:57:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 765072
  • Total Topics: 65182
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 86
Total: 87

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Appendicitis and kidney infection  (Read 1315 times)

Offline zach

Appendicitis and kidney infection
« on: March 24, 2022, 01:38:05 pm »
Laying here in a hospital again, surgeons about to slice another piece off

Just shoot me, I want a year without surgery... One fucking year

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Appendicitis and kidney infection
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 01:46:54 pm »
Sorry, to hear this Zach and wishing you well.

Remember when I had my appendix removed, laparoscopic thankfully but I had a cold at the time and for 2 days afterwards every time I sneezed it felt like my bowls were going to spill out over the floor.

Hope you don't get a cold and recover soon.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 11:15:12 pm »
Three scars, each about an inch.

Chicken soup and oatmeal for a couple days

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 08:53:33 am »
Glad to hear the sugary is done.

How are you feeling?
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 03:40:01 pm »
Took a shower alone without killing myself.

I can almost do a full body stretch

Walked up and down a flight of stairs

Laughing hurts

Bland diet, everything tastes like nothing... Good times, great day

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 05:09:21 am »
Sounds like you are recovering nicely.

Any idea how long they will keep you in? I can't recall but I think my stay was 2 days post-surgery.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 05:16:07 am »
Also, how is the infection going? Presume IV antibiotics and pain treatment?
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2022, 06:25:52 am »
I was discharged 4 hours after surgery. 6 tramadol for pain. 1 iv bag of antibiotics then rolled out the door.

I'm crashed at a son's place in the city, both dogs sleeping at the gate blocks them from getting at me.

Recovery is good, last night I underhand tossed tennis balls for 30 mins,. Walking slow. Not holding a leash yet.

While I'm down here get to the clinic, recertify Ryan White and  restock meds

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 11:48:51 am »

While I'm down here get to the clinic, recertify Ryan White and  restock meds

Glad to hear that you are doing better Zach. Did you get your recertification done?  I did mine yesterday, took about 20 minutes. I wish I didn't have to do this every 6 months. for me, its around a 46 mile round trip, its getting a little rougher the older I get. Another year or two, I may just drop out of Ryan White. I only use it for dental services, and nothing else.

Take care---Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom , 20 mg of Atorvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Amlodipine Besolate 5mg-- Updated  4/11/22 tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of April 4th,  Viral load Undetectable

CD 4 @686 /  CD4 % @ 17 %
70 YEARS YOUNG

WEAR A MASK !! COVID KILLS !

Offline zach

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 06:43:19 am »
Ray, no, I didn't. Also thinking what it would look like to leave Ryan White.

Walked in, and between building construction, COVID protocols, and a surge of incoming refugees... I noped right out of there.... Total chaos

Guy told me last time they're accepting update proofs by email, just gotta find that thread.

It's the place I go for meds and labs, going into the city is a waste of time and gas. Should be able to do better

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2022, 04:32:45 pm »
Ray, no, I didn't. Also thinking what it would look like to leave Ryan White.

Walked in, and between building construction, COVID protocols, and a surge of incoming refugees... I noped right out of there.... Total chaos

Guy told me last time they're accepting update proofs by email, just gotta find that thread.

Hey Zach,...

By all means call them and tell them everything that you have been going through, and that its too difficult for you at this time to re-certify in person.

I did it for two cycles.

You will need a printer and scanner. Place your Drivers license, social security card, and Voter ID card, and scan them to a folder on your computer. ( This will be your proof of residence.)

Unless you have another means to prove your income, go to the Social security site, once logged in, get a printed copy of your benefits letter. This will give Ryan White your income. Once printed out, scan it to another folder on you computer. ( this will also act as one more proof of residence. )

You will need a copy of your last labs, Viral load, and cd4 count. Scan that to another folder on your computer.

You will have to show your last primary care appointment date, and your future one, The same with Infectious disease. Last visit and and next appointment. Scan that info to one more folder on your computer.

I don't know how the may work up there, when I did it, she sent me an EMAIL, with a secure link within the EMAIL.

I then opened up the Secure link, and inserted , the contents of your scans. It will probably be in a PDF format.

Once you do that, send it back off to them.

After she received my info, she placed it in her computer, and sent me  another EMAIL, containing the renewed certification letter, and your future recertification date

I also did NOT have to sign for anything. And there is no place on the new recertification for the client to sign.

Down here, she told me they haven't required client signature, for about 18 months or so.

If there is anything else they require from you they will let you know through another email.

But all the items I referenced for you to be scanned , should be enough for them.

Take care---Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom , 20 mg of Atorvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Amlodipine Besolate 5mg-- Updated  4/11/22 tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of April 4th,  Viral load Undetectable

CD 4 @686 /  CD4 % @ 17 %
70 YEARS YOUNG

WEAR A MASK !! COVID KILLS !

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2022 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.