Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:51:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 357
Total: 360

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Well, possibly, most likely I will take them.....  (Read 2088 times)

Offline traveltramp

Well, possibly, most likely I will take them.....
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:32:37 pm »
For those of you who responded to my last posting.. I can offer a big Thank You and I admit that was not one of my good days and it is my tendency to go completely over the edge with my ranting and raving about how I am the only one in the world that suffers.  I do this every so often and I know better, but somehow it comes out as a 2 year old having a tantrum.  So, again thanks. 

Thunter34 - thanks for your honesty and seeing though my bullshit, because it did stink to high heaven and I appreciate you pointing that out to me. 

27Years - thanks for your kindness..  You reminded me that wanting something and actually getting it are two different things.  It is true.  I was at that moment dealing with many different emotions.  It would seem silly at this point to try to explain any of it, because I don't understand it myself most of the time.

BuckmarkTX -  I want to answer some of the questions you brought up.  Mostly for myself but you can read along if you like.  You asked if I had knowingly infected this person.  This is a great question and I am glad you asked it.  At the time I had unprotected sex with him I did NOT know that I was HIV positive.  What I did know is that having sex without a condom was NOT correct and I did it anyway.  I must interject also on the rare occasion I have had unprotected anal sex and had my partner ejaculate I can say I HATE how I feel.. .(Yes, MOM and DAD this is MY responsibility and there is no one other than myself to do this for me... except myself)... Now, did I do it with intention.  I am not sure.  This is where the conflict comes... I can be mad at myself for having sex without protection of MYSELF, and I can also be mad at myself for not protecting someone else.   I feel shame that I was so selfish that it is possible I did infect him because I KNEW BETTER...  Ahh... this is the part that is hard.  So, do I know for a fact that he was infected by me.. NO.  I don't, yet my good friends HOPELESS and DEPRESSION sure like to tell me that it is a fact and that I am a shit for existing.  (I try not to listen to them, but they are so cunning)
Is this person unreachable.  Well, I would have to fly to the Philippines and search a city of about 10 million... It seems such an impossible task...

You ask how long I have been positive and, from my calculations 1 year, this month.  This is possibly a reason for my temper tantrum, does not make it right mind you, but I need a little cookie too.

RapidRod - Yes, thanks... I think I may see a consular.. Where I live it is difficult but there are options.  I live in Central America and well, it is not exactly overflowing with HIV support.  I can see though the confusion about coming to a web site called AidsMeds... Did not think of it, it is funny with what I was talking about, but you should know... it was was not always AidsMeds....small point, but my ego requires it...

Thandi - thanks, you helped me.  It reminded me of how I was infected... It was the other way around... and it was, in the end my responsibility to protect myself.  So, I suppose it makes sense to me that I should stop with my previous conflict and move on with my life.  Wow, that felt good to say. 

Bear60 - thanks for reminding me that once I felt human enough to be supportive to others rather than the blubbering sob story I was last week. 

mjmel - you are right, so right.  There is no reason I can't be who I am.  I forgot that for a moment. 

Dragonette - Get over it!  You are so kind. and that was one of the best things that anyone has said to me.  I often say that to people around me yet when it comes to my own life I don't believe any of the golden nuggets that I dish out.  And your right.  I am a total hypocrite.  Can't have it both ways..... I will now have to walk to the east coast of North America and swim to Asia. Want to go with me?

J.R.E.  - I was fool for having said what I said and I hope that makes me all the more wiser.  It is so easy to say what I said while I am in good health, but you know as well as I do.  I would hate being sick more than being healthy. 

germangirl - I am starting to get repetitive, so to keep up with the tradition, thanks.  You are right.

TreDia - You are kind and compassionate.  Thanks for your energy.  I can feel it.  You are very tender and gentile.

Betttacy and Sonomabeach - I am the guy that will cry that my ice cream it too cold.  Thanks for your support and being there when I needed it.

And for all those who read my post and thought "what a selfish ass hole' well, thanks too, because I was and I still am, but with time I will either only be selfish or an asshole, but not at the same time!

With love
tt

5/7 SEROCOVERSION
7/7 CD4 669
9/7 CD4 1079 V/L 1200
2/8 CD4 803   V/L 3050
4/8 CD4 805   V/L 2200
9/8 CD4 959   V/L 2418
1/9 CD4 909   V/L 550

Offline germangirl

Re: Well, possibly, most likely I will take them.....
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 03:47:58 pm »
Thank god you sound better today.

Keep on walking like this!
Eres el aire que respiro,
Eres el compania de mi soledad,
Eres el luz que me ilumina,
Eres el camino en la oseuidad.
Dedicated to my husband

My husband is positive, I am negative.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 07:24:01 am »

J.R.E.  - I was fool for having said what I said and I hope that makes me all the more wiser.  It is so easy to say what I said while I am in good health, but you know as well as I do.  I would hate being sick more than being healthy. 

Your not a fool !!! Things will work out, You will live and learn.

Take care--------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline mjmel

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 09:10:51 am »
Couldn't ask for a better response...
and you are so considerate of those who replied to your original post.

Do vent, cry a bit, or have a say now and again.
Best to ya.
Mike

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.