Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:22:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 401
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 402
Total: 402

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: fish oils, EPA DHA Immune Modulating Diet - science evidence of food  (Read 4368 times)

Offline bimazek

fish oils, EPA DHA Immune Modulating Diet

this is direct evidence that foods can have an effect on the immune system...

this is direct science evidence of food can have an effect on the immune system...

this is very technical
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=13179.0

Immune Modulating Diet found fish oil fatty acids EPA DHA

I do not think that this would be a cure or solution but might slow by some % how fast the virus damages the immune system  (hopefully the small molecule they find will be much more powerful as a drug)

perhaps if it proved somewhat effective it would extend the life of a HAART by a few months or more or allow someone to wait a few months longer during a treatment interuption..  this is no substitution for HAART
definately stay on haart

anyway i did a search on
anti-ctla diet                     
http://www.google.com/search?q=anti-ctla+diet&hl=en&start=10&sa=N

and found this amazing article

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:KEIclz5ZucMJ:https://txspace.tamu.edu/bitstream/1969.1/1535/1/etd-tamu-2004C-NUTR-Ly.pdf+anti-ctla+diet&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=11&gl=us

on google scholar and amazingly found this article

Consumption of fish oils (FO) is beneficial to a variety of inflammatory disorders due, in part, to the alteration of membrane composition of T-lymphocytes and other immune cells. We previously observed that
down-regulation of proliferation and cytokine synthesis by CD4 +T-cells in mice fed diets
rich in n-3 PUFA was dependent on the involvement of CD28, a co-stimulatory molecule
necessary for T-cell activation.

IMMUNOSUPPRESSIVE DIETARY N-3 POLYUNSATURATED FATTY ACIDS
DIFFERENTIALLY MODULATE COSTIMULATORY REGULATION OF
MURINE CD4+ T-CELL FUNCTION

it seems counter intuitive that an IMMUNOSUPPRESSIVE  diet might help but unless the hiv person was very ill and very low t cells say less than 200 i theorize that slowing the system a bit may help

I have been searching and thinking about is there any diets or substances that can effect pd-1.  And is there any substances or molecules that can effect pd-1 on outside of cd8 cell.  Science is searching for what in body of typical progressors upregulates the pd-1 and they are looking for small molecules that can go inside the cd8 cell and down regulate the pd-1 and i thought, well perhaps there is a diet or food or something and since pd-1 is so new i thought i would search for a related receptor CTLA which is very close to pd-1 in function, it down regulates the immune system.    so my theory or idea was anything that would work on CTLA might also have an effect on pd-1

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
I have been searching and thinking about is there any diets or substances that can effect pd-1.  And is there any substances or molecules that can effect pd-1 on outside of cd8 cell.  Science is searching for what in body of typical progressors upregulates the pd-1 and they are looking for small molecules that can go inside the cd8 cell and down regulate the pd-1 and i thought, well perhaps there is a diet or food or something and since pd-1 is so new i thought i would search for a related receptor CTLA which is very close to pd-1 in function, it down regulates the immune system.    so my theory or idea was anything that would work on CTLA might also have an effect on pd-1

I swear I have had the exact same thoughts  for days now.

Downright spooky.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.