HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Anxious and Super Worried

(1/2) > >>

justmesw:
Hello Poz community,
I discovered this forum and am hoping for some good advice while I wait in what I believe to be a liminal space.

Here is my situation:
Stupidly, I received oral from a lady of unknown HIV status. I am typically very clean but had a lapse of judgement. In the moment, the lady produced plastic wrap and I guess I figured that was good. There was one time where she had to re-wrap around the base of my penis and then shortly after she just tossed the plastic and finished with her hand. (Sorry for the details). Anyway, I started to freak out about the fact of her dental hygiene (I didnít see) and if there was the possibility she had blood in her mouth (everything seemed okay). In the moment, I thought she was more protecting herself from
me. When it was done, she used some alcohol for sanitizing. I did wash myself off with soap and water and did not notice any skin breaks and Iím pretty certain the head of my penis was covered by the plastic wrap the entire time (which was not long). But then again, I donít know if I can consider that a safety precaution. Anyway, itís been about 3 weeks and I have an abundance of guilt over such a foolish choice. Iíve read that this is a fairly low risk of HIV. But I still canít get my mind to rest. Hoping for some encouragement and peace of mind. Thanks.

Jim Allen:

--- Quote from: justmesw on April 30, 2021, 01:43:32 pm ---Hello Poz community,
I discovered this forum and am hoping for some good advice while I wait in what I believe to be a liminal space.

Here is my situation:
Stupidly, I received oral from a lady of unknown HIV status. I am typically very clean but had a lapse of judgement. In the moment, the lady produced plastic wrap and I guess I figured that was good. There was one time where she had to re-wrap around the base of my penis and then shortly after she just tossed the plastic and finished with her hand. (Sorry for the details). Anyway, I started to freak out about the fact of her dental hygiene (I didnít see) and if there was the possibility she had blood in her mouth (everything seemed okay). In the moment, I thought she was more protecting herself from
me. When it was done, she used some alcohol for sanitizing. I did wash myself off with soap and water and did not notice any skin breaks and Iím pretty certain the head of my penis was covered by the plastic wrap the entire time (which was not long). But then again, I donít know if I can consider that a safety precaution. Anyway, itís been about 3 weeks and I have an abundance of guilt over such a foolish choice. Iíve read that this is a fairly low risk of HIV. But I still canít get my mind to rest. Hoping for some encouragement and peace of mind. Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Hiya

The internet is a small place when you know how to use it. See you had no HIV risk and this has been explained already to you. I'm not sure why you are asking here about the same?

Receiving a blowjob is no HIV risk to you whatsoever.  It lacks all the conditions required for acquiring HIV, and saliva is not a concern as its hostile towards HIV.  Thus it makes sense that after nearly 40 years of this pandemic in terms of BJ's there hasnít been a single documented case of HIV transmission to an insertive partner (the person being "sucked") and you will not be the worlds first.

HIV is not an issue for you, if what you posted was your only sexual contact in life.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection going forward

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as Ďsafeí in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

Jim Allen:

--- Quote --- I am typically very clean but had a lapse of judgement.
--- End quote ---

BTW - Having a sex life or getting a blowjob does not somehow make you unclean. It's perfectly healthy to have sex.

justmesw:
Jim,
I guess I posted here because this incident is something I donít have many people I am able to discuss with. And I am a very talkative person. Also, I also just wanted to hear some reassurance about how HIV can be transmitted. Iím really work through my decision. I regret not taking a safer approach with a stranger. But Iím happy to hear I doesnít sound like I put myself at risk for this encounter. I am learning from this and practice safe sex in the future. Thank you for your gracious reply. Hope you health!

justmesw:
Hey Jim,
I know I am probably being way to anxious. But I found this on the VeryWellProject website about HIV transmission and Iím wondering what your thoughts are on it. ď Receiving oral sex: Having your genitals licked, sucked, or bitten is less risky than giving oral sex. However, you can get HIV from your partner, especially if your partner has bleeding gums, mouth ulcers, or gum disease.Ē Reading this made me anxious again about my situation. Thanks for the insights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version