Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:54:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 461
Total: 463

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: this is my story  (Read 7174 times)

Offline lukmandonjr

• Standard
this is my story
« on: November 06, 2010, 12:17:58 pm »
heloo house.just need an advice.i had unproctected sex last May 1.had symptoms like malaise,chest/back pain,blood blisters and blotchy red palate,tingling on buttock,feet,shaft of penis,weight loose,few blotchy area on arms and thigh that come and go,slight hairy and geography tongue. tested negative to hiv antibody at 4 and 16 wks both of us.but my fear is that she do sleep around before we met and most of my symptoms is stil there.pls do i need to test again?is it likly for antibody to delay beyound 4 mon

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: this is my story
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 01:22:24 pm »
Hi,

For some reason your thread was posted twice. I have removed the duplication. Please keep all of  your entries in this same thread.

If you have tested negative at 16 weeks then you are HIV negative. In fact, a negative at 13 weeks would have been sufficient. You should always be using condoms everytime you have vaginal or anal intercourse until such time as you maybe in a securely monogamous relationship in which both partners test reliably test negative together.

As for your symptoms, those are something to discuss with your doctor. They can't be about HIV unless you have been having unprotected intercourse since then and you are not certain of your partner's status.

Andy Velez

Offline lukmandonjr

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 03:09:38 pm »
thank you Andy.yes,i hav taken my neg result to the bank.i and my new girl friend that i had the exposure with both did hiv1/2 at 4 and 16 wks and we are neg.but my fear is that since i'm living in west africa,i don't know how reliable a rapid hiv test is over here and also the thought that i might take a longer time for hiv 2 antibody to develop,coupled with burning feet which is still persistent.the 16 wks rapid test kit they used is Determin hiv1/2,how sensitive it is ? would it hav detected antibody now

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 03:44:17 pm »
Yes, antibodies would have shown up before this. You're negative. Period. End of story.

As for the burning feet problem, the causes can be many so you need to discuss that with a good doctor.

HIV is not your problem.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline lukmandonjr

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 01:11:23 am »
i recently notice some lymph nodes in chain formation behind both thigh,near knee and right side of neck/jaw.but they cannot be felt or seen easly,except if i press to feel them. i want to know if my nodes are swollen?would i notice swollen nodes without feeling for them.thanks.

Offline lukmandonjr

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 01:12:20 am »
i recently notice some lymph nodes in chain formation behind both thigh,near knee and right side of neck/jaw.but they cannot be felt or seen easly,except if i press to feel them. i want to know if my nodes are swollen?would i notice swollen nodes without feeling for them.thanks.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 02:01:15 am »
If you press on  your lymph nodes, they will swell. And hurt. Don't do it, unless that sort of pain is something you find pleasurable. You are reliably HIV negative.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 08:29:49 pm »
Luk,

I deleted the post you wrote in the I Just Tested Poz forum.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

With the exception of the “Am I Infected?” and “Off Topic” Forums, the AIDSmeds.com Forums are intended for people who have been diagnosed with HIV (or their loved ones/caregivers).  If you are questioning or unaware of your HIV status, please refrain from posting messages or questions in the Forums intended for HIV-positive people.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lukmandonjr

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 04:28:00 am »
thank u jkinatl2.it is just that symptoms are killing me and know doctor over hear can figure it out.i still has presure headache,white headed rash behind knee and chest ( 2 on chest) that last 3 days,tongue ulcer,achy muscle,stabbing chest pain,stinging sensation,burning waist/feet ,and noisy stomarch.All this is happening six months after possible exposure.I'm still worried and my girl said she is not going to do another hiv test again with me.Is another test warranted? please help this troubled mind

Offline lukmandonjr

• Standard
could this be possible?
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 04:55:27 am »
i was possibly exposed to hiv 2  MAY 1 2010( unproctected vagina sex) and came down sick 2 wks later with loads of symptoms of which many i still xperiensing till date.testd negative at 4/16 weeks mark,both of us.but my elder brother whom i stayed in his house while i was sick is now complanin thesame symptoms i experienced.i'm afraid that i has passed some virus to him,b/c we eat,drink from thesame plate/glass cup.Do hiv transmitt this way if i had it?Hope my 16 weeks test with 3rd generation conclusive?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 05:00:26 am »
Your symptoms are sad to read, and I hope you can talk to a doctor about them. Whatever they are, they are not HIV. I wish you the best of luck in finding out what is causing your problems. HIV is not, and medically speaking CAN NOT be the cause.

You do not have HIV.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: could this be possible?
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 05:12:50 am »
You must keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and allows us to give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 05:32:27 am »
luk,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You are conclusively hiv negative. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv. You do not HAVE hiv. You are hiv negative.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to and have already been asked to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lukmandonjr

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 01:58:08 am »
thank you Ann,i realy understand.i accepted my test result,but when i noticed funny weird symptoms i wantd to know why.this morning i notice blood on my sputum and i recalled that i noticed it also the 3 wks after our first ever deep/open mouth kissing ( 1 April 2010).i check on possible causes,and it sounds like TB.So i want to know,if TB would delay seroconvertion beyound 4 month?.Also,is TB not a symptom of hiv? If i tested positive to TB,does if mean i have Hiv? Will be going in for TB test today.thanks

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 02:26:35 am »
I am sorry that our risk assessment and your conclusive negative tests have not convinced you that you are indeed reliably HIV negative. I firmly believe that the forum has exhausted it's efforts on your behalf.

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 08:09:56 am »
thank you Ann,i realy understand.i accepted my test result,but when i noticed funny weird symptoms i wantd to know why.this morning i notice blood on my sputum and i recalled that i noticed it also the 3 wks after our first ever deep/open mouth kissing ( 1 April 2010).i check on possible causes,and it sounds like TB.So i want to know,if TB would delay seroconvertion beyound 4 month?.Also,is TB not a symptom of hiv? If i tested positive to TB,does if mean i have Hiv? Will be going in for TB test today.thanks

No, IF you have TB it does not mean you are HIV positive. Nor does anything you are adding into the mix in anyway invalidate your negative test result. You are HIV negative. If you continue to have concerns about your health you should be discussing that with your doctor. We can't diagnose anything in this setting. All we can tell you is that you are HIV negative.

As Ann has told you, if you continue to return here while insisting you are HIV positive when we know that you aren't, you're going to get a Time Out or be banned from the site.

HIV is not your problem. Period. 
Andy Velez

Offline lukmandonjr

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 02:10:49 am »
hello Ann.i'm in a new relationship now with a virgin girl.i promised not to break her virginity until we tie the knot,but we do have furplay,kissing and all that,but no oral sex.but my fear now is that i touched the tip of my penis on her virgina and also her anus,but did not have penetration either.i later checkd and found out that pre cum wass coming out frm my penis when i pressd on it.i want to know if i put her life at risk and also if an activity lik that can transmit hiv,asuming i'm positive.thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 08:03:30 am »
Unless you have had unsafe intercourse with someone else since you were last here, you continue to be HIV negative.

Have you really read and understood anything that's been said to you previously? I  wonder when you ask something like your latest question.

Nothing you are reporting now would have put either of you at risk.

It is however a good idea for partners to be tested together for HIV before having unprotected intercourse to make certain both are HIV negative.

Be aware we are not going to begin another round of what ifs with you about your HIV status.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.