Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:29:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 655
Total: 655

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My journal here  (Read 7984 times)

Offline Kirat

My journal here
« on: February 15, 2024, 10:25:06 pm »
Just continuing my journal.
So, hi guys. I'm still struggling with all those symptoms that I mentioned previously (blurry vision, extreme fatigue, bloating, constipation, weakness, dizziness(heavy headedness), brainfog, muscle stiffness)...
A few weeks ago I was at my step-dad's house and I started taking magnesium and I started to feel better. The problem is that I'm still taking it and my symptoms came back. Then I realized that when I was there, I was eating a lot of sauerkraut. So, I wonder if this has something to do with my intestine. From what people said here, HIV loves the intestinal tract. So, I'm urging myself to produce fermented foods like kefir, kombucha, pickles, sauerkraut, different yogurts and etc. Hopefully I'll have a big improvement doing it. But it is so weird that I feel the way I feel. Everyone here seems to feel normal.
I also realize that I get some skin rashes, specially on my ankles and they itch.
I'll keep updating here, if that's possible. Let's never give up!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 10:27:41 pm by Kirat »
Switched meds again on 21/21/2023 because I had no changes with the new meds. Now, taking Dolutegravir + Lamivudine only, the dual therapy.
11/01/2023 VL : U                       CD4 452 - 21.52%
Switched meds on 10/26/2023: Darunavir + RTV + TDF/3TC ( 3 pills).
08/10/2023 VL : U                      CD4: 397 - 23.22%
06/20/2023 VL : U                      CD4: 422 - 20.73%
01/17/2023 VL : 1430/mL           CD4: 300 - 10.45%
Started Dolutegravir + Tenofovir/Lamivudine

Offline Tonny2

Re: My journal here
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 12:30:06 am »

ojo.          Hello there!… i’m sorry you are still having problems and I wonder how was your life before your diagnosis…. As you may know., we are not doctors, we only share our experiences, and I think that you should talk to DOCTOR and Tri to find out what’s going on with you either physically or mentally. I feel for you, but I don’t know what else to tell you. I think that we had discussed with you all our experiences and Sims that you are different to all of us. I know that everybody’s different but, having been reading members experiences, I think since 2006, we haven’t been able to help you…abracos

Offline Kirat

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 01:45:09 am »

ojo.          Hello there!… i’m sorry you are still having problems and I wonder how was your life before your diagnosis…. As you may know., we are not doctors, we only share our experiences, and I think that you should talk to DOCTOR and Tri to find out what’s going on with you either physically or mentally. I feel for you, but I don’t know what else to tell you. I think that we had discussed with you all our experiences and Sims that you are different to all of us. I know that everybody’s different but, having been reading members experiences, I think since 2006, we haven’t been able to help you…abracos
It's ok. Being here and Journaling my experience already helps a bit. It would be good to report my experience for other people that are on the same boat.
Switched meds again on 21/21/2023 because I had no changes with the new meds. Now, taking Dolutegravir + Lamivudine only, the dual therapy.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 04:08:21 am »
Everyone here seems to feel normal.

Nearly all the frequent posters are living with multiple health conditions and have challenges myself included. It's just that they are largely managing these conditions and are getting on with life with most of the conditions unrelated to HIV or HIV treatment.

I know from your previous posts you are dealing with several conditions & issues, so continue to work with your healthcare provider and I hope things get better for you soon.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 04:10:25 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024, 06:54:10 am »

ojo.          @kirat. My friend, as Jim mentioned, a lot of us are having our oen issues, but life goes on. If you’re issues, don’t let you have a productive and happy life. Keep talking to you DOCTOR.. in my case I live with pain 24/7, but I have learned to live with it although yesterday my pain was so severe that I miss the peer support meeting. I went to bed around 630 or 7 PM and this is because I haven’t taken care of the cost of my pain, but definitely it is time to take care of it. Time to remove my blind eye…. as I said before, I feel bad for you, and I hope you feel better sooner rather than later….abracos

Offline Kirat

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 09:43:01 pm »
Thank you, guys. I'll keep updating you about my problems. Already started to make my fermented foods to see if it will help.

Offline Kirat

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 10:19:40 pm »
As of March 26th, 2024, my condition remains unchanged. I continue to experience extreme fatigue, difficulty breathing, nasal inflammation, and throat inflammation, characterized by what is now diagnosed as cobblestone throat. My gastrointestinal issues persist, causing significant discomfort and disruption to my daily life. Despite my efforts with probiotics, I have yet to find significant relief. Additionally, my lack of energy prevents me from engaging in physical activity or weightlifting, further impacting my ability to focus on my studies for college. I also experience occasional headaches, and my concentration continues to be impaired. This prolonged state of ill health has taken its toll on me, and I eagerly await my upcoming medical consultation with another doctor in the hope of finding solutions. The constant struggle with these symptoms has become overwhelming, and after over a year of enduring them, I am eager for a change.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.