Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:17:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 309
Total: 311

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Green Tee - EGCG  (Read 6261 times)

Offline Regina

Green Tee - EGCG
« on: April 06, 2007, 10:10:30 am »
Hello,

I'm Regina from Germany. And I read about studies of EGCG showed the ability to prevent HIV from binding the CD4-cells. I don't want to drink green tea. As far as I know, only green tee is available as nutrition supplement. Has anybody an idea, where I can get the EGCG?

Regina

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Green Tee - EGCG
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 09:24:06 am »
Hello Regina,

I am currently trying the green tea supplement. I made a comment about it, in this thread :

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=10798.msg134458

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline bimazek

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 09:22:02 pm »
http://www.lef.org/

this is best and cheapest place to buy vitamins etc

they also have site translated to german

it is a crime how difficult it is to buy cheap vitamins in germany

where is freedom

Offline Regina

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 01:53:12 pm »
Thank you! Well, they want us to take the toxic meds. That's where the money is.

Regina

Offline Regina

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 02:08:51 pm »
Hello Ray,

thank you. My problem is, I don't want to drink green tee, because I need my coffee. And in the supplement I don't want the coffeine from green tea additional to my coffee. I just want the EGCG. But this seems to be difficult. At first I will take a look in the health-food-shops.

I don't take the toxic meds. I take St. John's wort, some vitamines and practice Jin Shin Jyutsu. And it seems that the EGCG fits in this concept. Above all I go swimming in the sea the whole year, also in winter.

Regina

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 06:38:25 pm »
Hello Ray,

I don't take the toxic meds. I take St. John's wort, some vitamines and practice Jin Shin Jyutsu. And it seems that the EGCG fits in this concept. Above all I go swimming in the sea the whole year, also in winter.

Regina

Hello Regina,

You do realise, that no matter what we take as supplements and vitamins, the virus continues within us. And then,eventually the medication is needed.

I hope you get you viral load and t-cell blood test done on a regular basis. It's important to keep that checked. How are your current numbers ? Also, when the time comes to start on medication, you should probably drop the St Johns Wort, as it interferes with some of the HIV medication, especially ( I believe ) the protease inhibitors.

I wish you good health for a very long time. Just stay on top of your blood tests.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.