Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:04:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 506
Total: 508

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: FREE BBQ GRILLS  (Read 5677 times)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
FREE BBQ GRILLS
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:55:17 am »
Grilling tip
As every Southerner knows, come spring it will be time to get ready for that all-important cooking technique of the south --- outdoor grilling!
I have just found out there are many stores (not just in the South) where you can get a FREE Bar-B-Q grill!
In these tough times free useful items are very welcome. You can get a free BBQ grill from any of the following stores:

A&P
Albertsons
Costco
Dan's
Food Lion
Fry's
Home Depot
Big Lots
Brookshire's
Lowes
Publix
Safeway
Sam's Club
Tesco
Target
Vons
Trader Joe's
Wal-Mart
Winn-Dixie

I especially like the higher rack -- which can be used for keeping things warm!
Just make sure to get a metal one... the plastic ones don't do so well.

"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: FREE BBQ GRILLS
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 07:09:09 pm »

LOL   :D  Thanks for the laugh !!

Ray :)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 06:00:07 am »
That's cute, Ron.  Good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline positivmat

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 06:22:38 am »
Ahem, born and bred on the Gulf coast. BBQ has no season! The things you BBQ rather have seasons which relate to hunting seasons.  This seasonal give-a-way has "New York boardroom" written all over it. But thanks for the tip, I will have to get me one! 

Offline positivmat

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 06:26:24 am »
And btw where is my favorite store on that list?: the Piggly Wiggly.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 07:18:34 pm »
On every Tuesday night at Birdland West, there was comedy.  Sometimes Chris Rock and/or D.L. Hughly would pop in to support and often told stories for the crowd.  I believe one of them said, every homeless person in Long Beach deserves their own shopping cart.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Lakis

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 08:08:42 pm »
LOL
You made me laugh
:-)

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 08:30:22 pm »
And btw where is my favorite store on that list?: the Piggly Wiggly.

Yes, and, what about Krogers foods, that's southern too, at least here in the southwest it is.......were Rednecks too ya know, just ask Mark  ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:36:10 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 07:06:15 am »
I'm sorry Matt....we don't have Piggly Wiggly in Fort Worth anymore, so I forgot about it.  :-[  And we used to only shop at Piggly Wiggly with their big sign with a 'Happy smiling Pig'' on each side.
And you're right, the BBQ does depend on what JW had shot and brought home.

I spent many a nervous moment at the dinner table staring at a plate of something that obviously wasn't Grilled Cheese Sandwich or Macaroni/Cheese with pork and beans.

Me: "bbbut, what is it?"
M: "Hush and eat, it's good."
Me: " I don't think so, but thank you anyway. May I have a Grilled Cheese sandwich now?"
JW "GAIL, don't you spoil that boy. Now you eat it. It's venison.?" *deer?* !!*you killed Bambi?*

One Thanksgiving at GMom, there was a hulking, lurking, blob of a greasy mountainous piece of meat:
Me" b-b-bbut, what is it?"
GM "Hush up and eat what's put before you" (I believe this was a part of why I got involved with drugs: pop anything that was put before me")
M" It's GOAT" ??

NO Way....I ran from the table and hid under GMom's  Sanger Sewing Machine with the metal push plate (this was my hiding place, though everyone knew where I was)

Dennis, Krogers is too expensive: at least here in Texas. You'd think there was a golden coin hidden in some of the packaging.
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 08:13:30 am »

Sweet Bay grocery store has this sweet little bread warmer on their cart that also serves as a layout of where everything is located in the store.   They also have those carts that have the little car in the front so kids can hassle their parents to push the monstrosity through the store whiile half way through the grocery adventure the kid does not want to sit in it any longer.....  When you hear some 5 ft tall mother  saying "Jimmy I swear this is the last time I am pushing this through the store without you in it", as the 6 year old runs ahead of the struggling mother pushing the cart that looks like a semi through the isles causing everyone to pull over to let her by.....Sad site indeed!!

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:15:04 am by skeebo1969 »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 10:18:32 am »
Well it's actually called SMITH'S FOODS, Ronnie, and it has Kroger stuff in it, but, here in New Mexico, it's the cheapest Food Store we have, next to the 14 Wal mart Super Centers we have........when I 1st moved here in 2001 I couldn't figure out why we had so many Wal Marts here, but, I soon found out it was cuz, everyone here in ALBUQUERQUE is POOR and mostly LOW INCOME like me, so, I fit right in , I love this place, you can get a 1,200 sq ft. apt w/ 2 to 3 bedrooms for less than $500 a month.....now that's CHEAP, and the rent hasn't gone up in the last 7 yrs..I LOVE THAT....ALBUQUERQUE , New Mexico is a Great place to live, if your on a fixed income, I can go the Wal Mart and get everything I need, and never have to go anywhere else EVER  ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 05:35:53 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 12:02:57 pm »

GM "Hush up and eat what's put before you" (I believe this was a part of why I got involved with drugs: pop anything that was put before me")
M" It's GOAT" ??

I LOVE that excuse! I think I'll be plagiarizing you in the near future. ;D

Foxtrot Charlie loves goat - it's from his days in the Sudan as an aid worker. They were lucky to get any red meat - chicken was usually all they could get their hands on. I suppose for someone brought up on lamb, goat isn't that far different.  I wasn't  brought up on lamb and I don't like it, and I absolutely cannot stand goat. Yes, I've had goat. It's yucky with a capital YUCK! :P

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline positivmat

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 01:42:41 pm »
Me: "bbbut, what is it?"
M: "Hush and eat, it's good."
Me: " I don't think so, but thank you anyway. May I have a Grilled Cheese sandwich now?"
JW "GAIL, don't you spoil that boy. Now you eat it. It's venison.?" *deer?* !!*you killed Bambi?*

That's good stuff.  Mother would never have put up with any of us questioning food on the table.  Of course we were eating swamp creatures and critters that ate what they didn't want from the bottom of the bayou. 

this one puts a smile on my face cause it really reminds me of home. 
Thanks,
Matt

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 07:15:54 pm »
It's venison.?" *deer?* !!*you killed Bambi?*

Imagine if you will... Bambi as a calf instead of a fawn.

Rex Reed gushing, "It gives new meaning to the words, going to the moovies"   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.