Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 346
Total: 347

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Symptoms of hiv  (Read 14335 times)

Offline gregg7774

Symptoms of hiv
« on: August 02, 2007, 04:40:13 pm »
Hello how are all of you.  I have a situation whic is simialar to others that i have read.  I had sex with a hooker with a buddy of mine.  She gave us both unprotected blowjobs at the same time which was wierd. Going back and forth from one to the other.  I did where a condom on my penis when we had sex.  The condom slipped a little but never came off.  The condom also had blood on it.  Now i got swollen nodes in my neck , back of my neck, callorbone, and in my armpits for sure.  And i talked to people who said it was the first sign of hiv infection.  Now my questions are was i at risk with all of that going on.  Plus the lymph nodes have been swollen for about a year.  Im scared i have hiv.  Can anyone help

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
Re: Symptoms of hiv
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 04:51:26 pm »
Swollen nodes do not mean HIV, it could be so many different things.  The only way to be sure is to get tested.  Don't loose sleep over this, get tested.

(modified to remove incorrect information) sorry about that.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 05:17:26 pm by pozattitude »
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 05:09:32 pm »
Actually, PozAttitude is wrong here.

There was absolutely no risk of contracting HIV from a getting a blowjob. There has never been a case of HIV being transmitted in this way in the history of the pandemic and you're not going to be the first. Given that you wore a condom when having vaginal and/or anal sex with this woman, you don't have to test as a result of this encounter.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread to learn about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

PozAttitude,

Whilst it's nice you'd like to help out here in AMI, you should probably take the time to read the Welcome Thread too and review the section which stipulates that only Moderators and other approved members can answer questions in this forum.

I'm sure you meant well but you've given incorrect information.

Once more for the record, you cannot get HIV from receiving a blowjob. Even with cuts on your penis.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 10:24:27 pm »
I just want to concur here with Matty's comments including that Poz Attitude was mistaken in his suggesting you needed to be tested.

In the entire history of the epidemic no guy has ever been confirmed to have been infected by getting a blowjob. It's safe to say you aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

Condoms provide very effective protection against transmission. Even if there was some slippage, the head of your your penis was still covered which is what's important. So there's no need for testing nor for further concern.

As for your symptoms, if they continue that's something to discuss with your doctor. There's absolutely no basis for thinking HIV is an issue here. Period. End of story.

Andy Velez

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 11:47:39 am »
THANK ALOT MATTY AND ANDY i thought poz was wrong wow thanks.  One other qeustion i was worried about is, i know you cant get it from head but what about the guy i was with getting his penis sucke then mine then his.  What if precum got in my penis from her mouth?  Thank for the replies

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 01:14:59 pm »
greg,

One of the reasons why getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection is because saliva contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. It wouldn't matter if some of your buddy's cum was in her mouth.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Use condoms for either of these activities and you will avoid hiv infection.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms correctly and consistently and you will retain your hiv negative status.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 08:51:38 am »
My condom did slip  a bit at least half way up my penis.  I ended up getting hpv.  Now since it slipped isnt that risk for hiv?  And the std doesnt that increase my risk?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 08:54:32 am »
No, having HPV does not increase your risk of being infected with HIV.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 08:59:55 am »
As long as the head of your johnson was covered by the condom you were still protected in relation to HIV.

Getting some other STD in the incident does not make it more likely that you would become HIV infected.

In re-reading this thread I would say you are worrying needlessly. Now, intead of coming with yet another detail to about unnecessarily, I suggest you get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 12:49:33 pm »
So everybody is saying that im definetly hiv negeative and had no rist what so ever?   I m sorry im just really scarred.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 01:14:08 pm »
Fortunately feelings aren't HIV facts. You weren't at risk for HIV transmission during your buddy incident. There's no need for testing.

As for your symptoms, discuss them with your doctor. They're not about HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 02:53:47 pm »
Andy thanks alot for all of your help and thanks to the others also.  If i have anymore concerns i will post thanks alot people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 12:35:38 pm »
I just had a question for you guys.  I dont want to make you guys mad and get kicked off for obssesive posting.  But if you guys could answer this it would be cool.  Is their any what so ever risk of getting hiv from the blowjob.  Is recieving a blowjob in the theoretical risk category?  If you where a condom and it didnt break can you have a chance of a rip or tear have hiv get through?  With the slippage can the hiv get under the condom and into the uretha?  Im sorry just really worried about all of these symptoms,  its so weird i have sex with a hooker and months later have swollen lymph nodes all over my body?  Thanks in advance for all the replys!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 12:45:23 pm »
The answer to both questions is NO. If you believe you have swollen lymph nodes see your doctor.

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 11:52:45 am »
Hi im back again sorry if im bothering you guy but i need to chat a second.  So im still worried and dont have the balls to test.  I went to the doctor with my son and the doctor made me feel down by his groin he has a huge lymph node by his balls.  Im freaking out Do you think it is hiv?  Is thier any way i could have used the condom wron?  I also heard and read up that you can get syphlis from oral and that can cause your lymph nodes to swell?
My lymph nodes are all over by my collar bone and back of neck but i dont have any by my groin!  Im freaking please some one help

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 12:14:48 pm »
You don't get HIV from getting a blowjob.

If you have any concern about any other STD then ask your doctor to test you with a full STD panel which will give you the answer about that.

I can't tell by what you have written where you, your doctor or your son has a swollen lymph node in the groin. It actually doesn't matter in terms of your concern because swollen lymph nodes happen for all sorts of reasons and are in no way HIV-specific. So no matter who's nodes are swollen it doesn't say anything about HIV status.

Really.

I can't help wondering if guilt or shame about the original incident is really what's driving your intense and unwarranted HIV fears. If that's so, that's the issue you need to address because I don't in any way see yours as an HIV situation.

Andy Velez

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 02:28:34 pm »
hey andy it was my kid that had the lymph node  in his groin area.  I know my concerns are unwarranted but is their any way i could of possibly contracted it?  I m just so worried, like i wore a condom like everybody says and now i have what seems like permanent lymph swelling.  And my kid is my life and im scarred.  I have no guilt of what i did we werent together but am scarred i hurt her and my son this sucks any advice would be great

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 02:54:35 pm »
greg,

Are you trying to say that you think because your son has a swollen lymph gland, you gave him hiv? Unless you've been having intercourse with the boy, it just isn't possible.

Hiv is not easy to transmit and getting a double blowjob with your buddy is NOT one of the ways it's possible. Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection. If you cannot put this behind you, perhaps it's time for counseling.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection and there's nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 01:53:53 pm »
thanks alot for all the responses.  I have the nodes still swollen for a yr and a half now.  I  just wanted to ask a couple of questions if you guys dont mind.  Pleas i dont want to get a time out so pleaze tell me if im bothering you guys.  If these symptoms are from hiv would they all come at once.  Like i had neck nods swollen first then the collarebone then the armpits?   And they all came up at a different time.  (probably from me poking around, is that possibl)?   For anns answer like child getting infected through the birth.  How likely is mother to child transmission.  Sorry if i bother you guys just would be great  to know.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 02:08:38 pm »
You need to discuss with your doctor why you're having a prolonged episode of swollen lymph nodes. As for your son's swollen node, that's something to talk about with his pediatrician.

None of this of course has anything to do with HIV. I hope you're keeping your hands off of your lymph nodes and those of your son, because sure as shootin' you can make problems with them by feeling, squeezing and otherwise bothering them.

You seem to be sifting everything through an HIV mentality when I see absolutely no basis whatsoever for concern about HIV as an issue for you.
Andy Velez

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 07:39:25 pm »
Hey guys and gals sorry to bother you again.  I read alot of these forums just to get educated and not put myself at risk. But some of the threads are saying that some people got hiv from oral sex.  Giving it and recieving it. d I still have the lymph nodes swollen and dont get why some people say oral sex has 0 risk and others are saying that is the way they got infected.   If she had a high viral lode is it possible?  What if my buddy had a high viral load and the cum got in her mouth got in my penis?  Wouldnt that be consider a risk?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 07:48:41 pm »
What if, what if, what if.

You are worrying needlessly.

No matter how many times you "what if", our answers to you will not change. HIV is simply not an issue in your case.

I would draw your attention to our Welcome Thread which explains what happens to people who continue to post about non-risk events.

MtD

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 12:11:03 pm »
Hello once again moderators.  I know im close to a time out but i just have a few questions.  The only bad question is the one unasked.  I have put this situation pretty much behind me i a way.  Just i you put the condom on backwards, non lubed  side any other way as long as my head of the penis was covered no matter how far it went up it will be fine right?(condom did not break).  Then with my lymph nodes,  i had a sore throat almost 2 yrs ago and got very tiny nodes swollen.  Then as andy pointed out that i should keep my hands off them.  Well I DID NOT DO THAT.  I played and probed and felt if they  were their and probably made them bad.  Now if i go "hunting"  for them can i eduse more nodes.  Because at first theri was just a few then i went ocd on them and more formed.  Now i remember ann said that all symptoms come and go at once but yeah..  And last thing if i go test do guys think that 100% ill be negative?  I promise after these responses i wont bother you guys or post.  I just want to make sure im protecting myself for future enconters thank guys you have been awesome

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 07:45:35 pm »
It doesn't matter if you put a condom on inside out. I doubt that you did because it's very difficult to roll down that way. Yes if you play with your lymph nodes you can get them to swell and you can make the sore and hurt. Have you ever had a risk? All we know is that you will not contract HIV in the situation that you provided.

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 08:52:02 pm »
Yeah rod this is my second women i have ever been with.  My girlfriend was the first and i know she was negative when she took my virginity because she had to get tested for reasons.  But came out negative.  So this is my only situation where i was at risk.  Or not at risk.  So from this situation im negative?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 09:35:28 pm »
As Roddles told you, you were not at risk. You don't need to test because you put the condom on inside out.

MtD

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 10:42:40 am »
  I want to thank all of you who helped calm my fears down!  I still have swollen nodes everywhere but they dont bother me when i dont play with them.  Thanks andy  for the great info.  Their still their but hopefully will go away.  But i wanted to just get this straight one last time.  Im hiv negative because i wore a condom?  The blowjob with my buddy doesnt matter!  And in no way i could have gotten infected?  Considering i did get a std?  So im 100% sure im negative along with my son?  Thanks guys if you reply

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 03:34:16 pm »
I dont know if my last post went through just checking

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 03:36:51 pm »
Yes, we're sure.

MtD

Offline gregg7774

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 04:09:22 pm »
So can i rule out having hiv then from my swollen nodes?  I think i caused the problem with playing with them and speezing them till it hurt.  For over a year that is probaly why huh?  I know even the lack of symptoms or symptoms are meaningless.  But like i have them all over like a few in my neck,  then i looked for more and the more i looked the more popped up.  Like they were very small or not even thier then after going ocd on my neck and armpits they would show up am i going crazy or what?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 04:30:06 pm »
Greg,

You didn't have a risk for hiv infection, so no, your nodes have nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.