Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:12:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 232
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 82 days on Atripla....feeling Good, but  (Read 7453 times)

Offline Kevin973

82 days on Atripla....feeling Good, but
« on: June 15, 2007, 02:59:52 pm »
Hi everyone,

Its been 82 days on Atripla and I feel very good and the labs are great my CD4 went from 229 to 279 in 1 month and from 279 to 472 in 2 Months the viral load was 736 the first Month but doc didn't give me the new numbers over the phone, my next labs is July 18 and I will have a better update with percentage and viral load... Doc is confident that I will have a higher CD4 COUNT and undectectable viral load next visit....

so back to the feel good, but my only issue with this drug is the itchy skin :'(.... I can't take it anymore.. my skin gets very itchy after I take my Atripla.... this never happen before I started taking this drug, so I know its the Atripla causing the itching.  This started during week#1 on the drug and doc said it will get better but its the only side effect that really causes a problem for me, the Dreams are great and the drunk feel goes away and I have no more diarrhea ;D.... and my weight is back(I am eating way too much now)... so doc told me to take Benadryl but that wasn't working so I called him yesterday and he put be on Hydroxyzine HCL 25MG....this green little pill... haven't taken it yet cause the drug causes drowsiness and I have to drive home from work...

so my question is.... Does anyone on this board suffer from itchy skin after taking Atripla...if so please share your experience or if you have some helpful advice on how to deal with this side effect.... please help :-[ I'm scratching myself to death.....

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
Re: 82 days on Atripla....feeling Good, but
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 05:32:52 pm »
i had to use lots of lotion. me thinks the sustiva drys out the skin. puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose.
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

Offline budndallastx

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 11:20:09 am »
I had a rash about four weeks after starting Sustiva/Truvada for which I took benedryl (not full dose).  It helped eliminate the dry skin and the itchiness.  I would also look at other environmental factors like soap, shampoo, detergent, etc. since that could be causing some type of allergic reaction.

I wouldn't wait until July if possible get in to see the doctor now to show what's up if it's bothering you.
Meds since: 11/20/2006
Sustiva / Truvada
12/08/2008 VL:<48 CD4 622 (38%)   
9/8/2008 VL:<48 CD4 573 (30%)
5/2008 VL:<48 CD4 464 (30%)
1/2008  VL: <50  CD4 425(28%)
9/2007   VL: <50  CD4 465 (27%)
6/2007   VL: <50   CD4 443 (26%)
3/2007  VL: <50   CD4 385 (25%)
12/2006 - VL: <50   CD4: 384 (25%)
11/2006 - VL:  22K  CD4: 208 (18%)

Offline Pilot

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 09:46:55 pm »
Now on my fourth bottle of Atripla and other than one vivid dream no problems...I did have one little spot of rash on my chest about the size of a quarter but it didnt itch and went away in a few days.

The drug so far has been no problem and will have my next labs taken the first week of July to see if everything remained the same or if my t cells went up or not...hopefully they went up ...I have always been in the 6 to 800 range and undetectable.

I really hate reading about everyone who has all these side affects and feel somewhat guilty that I have some kind of wierd system that has no problem accepting any of the drugs I have been on.  The only reason that i have actually made changes, is ease of taking the meds and fewer of them.

Good luck to everyone and I hope any side affects you have go away soon..

Offline PCDMan

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 07:44:24 am »
How do you feel in the mornings, Pilot?

..first one here after taking Atripla last night..

thanks for your help..Mike

Offline nunii

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 04:28:43 pm »
Been on Atripla for about 4 months and am now undetectable with a CD4 of 800, the itch skin was not too bad for me, maybe because I use lotion so often but I did find that I was using more lotion, so I began using Baby Oil Gel as soon as I get out of the shower instead of drying off with a towel I put the Baby Oil on the water and oil combine to give my skin the extra moisture it needs, also instead of taking really HOT showers I started taking milder showers.

Good luck hope this helps
every 60 secs of anger are 60 secs lost of happiness

Offline rickyrick

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 12:58:50 am »
Just started it one week ago and dry mouth and headaches.  A little dizzy at first.  What I need to find out if there is any assistance  in helping with Co-Pays for this drug.  My Co-Pay is 256.00 a month.  I am afaraid my company may start to ask questions soon. 

Offline nunii

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 08:32:09 pm »
hey PCDman;

got ur email  couldn't reply; but to answer your question the first night is horrible at least for me the dreams were wicked vivid, but after about a day or two they subsided as for the other symptoms haven't had any but the dry skin which I use the baby oil for.

keep a diary of your symptoms if you are a smoker, STOP, if you are not eating right START and you have to DRINK water like a fish, keeps you hydrated and able to digest the med better.

hope this helps
nunii
every 60 secs of anger are 60 secs lost of happiness

Offline dufusmaximus

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 11:09:55 pm »
just finishing my first month of atripla, my scalp is real itchy and my beard/jawline...is that the same for anyone else? it's not bad enough, but luckily work in a crazy office that doesn't notice my itchiness....i tend to take hot hot hot showers to relax, maybe i should back off a bit

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 12:52:40 pm »
i tend to take hot hot hot showers to relax, maybe i should back off a bit

Hot showers really drive the natual oils out of your skin.  Stop taking them.

Sustiva isn't drying your skin as much as it is inducing a histamine reaction from your body.  Benadryl will counteract this, though it may make you feel even more stoned for the first couple of hits
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.