Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:46:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773300
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 730
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 608
Total: 609

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I hope someone can Help :) ISENTRESS-HEADACHE  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Dobro

I hope someone can Help :) ISENTRESS-HEADACHE
« on: March 09, 2017, 04:52:10 am »
Hey guys, im using Isentress almost 2 months and last 10days i feel headache almost every day,one day more one day less, and i wanted to ask headache will end after some while or only way is to change isentress to another prep? :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 05:16:59 am by Dobro »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: I hope someone can Help :) ISENTRESS-HEADACHE
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 05:57:09 am »
Welcome to the forum.
I am not so sure Isentress would be the cause. You were on it 6+ weeks before the headaches started. Couldn't headaches have many different causes. Why not ask a doctor to give an expert opinion?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Dobro

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 07:04:59 am »
Im on isintress max 4weeks because i hawe paused it sometimes because doctor said to do it, to see i dont hawe any other side effects, and i read hear very often people using isentress feel headache not at start using it, but after some 5,6 weeks, and its the same like with me.. i was to doctor and do many other analysis to check other things but nothing..im clear so it can be only from isentress.. only question is, the headache will go away with some time or it stay forever if you use isentress? :) im 23 years old, and freshly positive.. my first prep was kivex+stocrin, but then i change it, because stocrin was awful, then doctor change it  and now im kivex+isentress :) very often side effects turns on only after some while not at the start.. all would be perfect if only not that headache :)

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 07:39:29 am »
Hi and Welcome
I agree with mecch i doubt the isentress is the cause, I took it for years and noticed no side affects at all. It was one of the kindest and gentlest drugs it had taken up to that point. Of course everyone is different so continue to work with your doctor.

Best, Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Dobro

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 08:55:55 am »
Thats the point, ofcourse anyone is different, i think isentress is very nice, i hawe only little headache at the backround sometimes, not everyday but 50/50 :) i just read here that im not onlyone with this problem, i just want to know is it true that side effects go away with some time or they stay all the.time :)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 09:00:43 am »
Depends on the cause.  No joke, go and check with a doctor.

Now I have as only real side effect headaches (migraines) from dolutegravir that I take and, if you headache does turn out to be caused by isentress you have two options.  Live with it or if its not manageable than change medication but do go see a doctor about the headache.

Jim

Welcome to the forum.
I am not so sure Isentress would be the cause. You were on it 6+ weeks before the headaches started. Couldn't headaches have many different causes. Why not ask a doctor to give an expert opinion?

Thumbs up for this post.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:03:02 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Dobro

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 10:50:23 am »
I was at doctor and check.. in Latvia doctors are not very smart about hiv i think, she said its not from medicine like she said hairloss its.not from medicine too but it is.. and my family doctor said its from medicine .. soo what i must think? Thats why i asking here from real people who use it.. because doctors.dont use and they dont actually now at least here in Latvia :)

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 11:01:04 am »
Wish I could be of more help, as I have said I have had no problem and everyone's different, maybe someone who has will step up.  Did she have any idea what is causing your headaches ?
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Dobro

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 01:00:55 pm »
My + doctor said its not from med, but my family doctor said its very possible that its from med.. and i read hear in forum that some people was sayng the same, and about isentress side effects headache is one of most popular side effects, so i just hope they will go away with some time haha :)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 01:31:07 pm »
Im on isintress max 4weeks because i hawe paused it sometimes because doctor said to do it, to see i dont hawe any other side effects,

Your doctor has you "pausing" your treatment? What exactly do you mean? No treatment at all sometimes? And you are new positive and new on treatment? Would you like to restate that again.  That doesn't sound good to me.

I am glad you are OFF the stocrin!  If it was "awful" for you, it means you had central nervous system reaction to the molecule.  That's pretty well known, though not common.

Listen I am not a doctor of course.  I had a bad experience with stocrin as well.  I took Isentress for several years and it was fine for me.  Maybe you are a bit more sensitive to medicine, like I was, and yeah, I think probably IF - IF - the headaches are about your HIV treatment molecules, they will fall away.  You are new to treatment. I had different sorts of small reactions all through my first year.  It can take awhile for everything go back to feeling fine.

Isentress is a great molecule.  Its better than what you were taking. So maybe try to be optimistic and wait this out and see how it develops in the next weeks and months.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Dobro

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 03:58:38 am »
Hey, yes im freshly positive about 2 years , and start take medicine about half year ago, and start with kivexa and stocrin, but after 2-3 months doctor.change stocrin to isentress, and yes doctor said to pause any medication for some 5-6 days to see if side effects will be gone than can see that was from medicine, thats why we paused :) and now is 5day i dont use medicine again and yesterday was first day without headache and today i feel good again haha :) tommorow will start medicine again and if headache will be again than will be 100% sure that its from isentress :)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 05:39:22 am »
Hi

So it comes back down to live with it or if its not manageable than change medication. However I would say giving it time to settle as your only new on the meds might be a way to go and not pausing.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline harleymc

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 08:21:25 am »
 "and now is 5day i dont use medicine again and yesterday was first day without headache"
 So you had 5 days  of not taking isentress and had headaches four of those days. You're really grasping at straws if you think isentress is exerting its evil control of your head when you're not taking it.

Offline Dobro

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 03:15:36 am »
Ofcourse headache will not go away on first day without medicine because medicine stay in body at least 2-3 days today i dont hawe headache too, so it means they was from isentress.. tommorow will start medicine again and then will see if headache come back then 100%its from isentress.. and just need to change medicine again :)

Offline Dobro

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 12:43:42 pm »
Today morning start terapy again, feeling ok, then will see how it will go now.. hope will not need change prep because it takes a time again, because med changing disscuisons is on tuesdays, and if i tell i cant handle isentress then need wait week for new medications :)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 12:54:48 pm »
Look if your expecting a headache your going to get one.

Not sure what you mean with "prep" ? You're not taking prep.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Dobro

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 01:33:37 pm »
Im not expecting, im just tell what i feel, and i dont think that headache is only my imagination, i really hope that it was just a dream or smth.. for me prep and medications is the same, :)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 01:40:49 pm »
I see well Pre-exposure prophylaxis (or PrEP) is what you take when you are HIV negative and want to prevent HIV infection from happening to begin with. You might want to keep that one in mind to avoid confusion  ;)

As for the headache not saying its is all in your mind but if you are going to start expecting it you will get one. 

Jim

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.