Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Mayo 24, 2017, 02:06:24 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 30713
  • Latest: Sjordy
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 713369
  • Total de Temas: 57299
  • Online Today: 268
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (Agosto 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 0
Guests: 223
Total: 223

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ/AIDSmeds.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ/AIDSmeds haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: The Sustiva/Atripla Thread  (Leído 68296 veces)

Desconectado JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
Re: The Sustiva/Atripla Thread
« Respuesta #200 en: Mayo 17, 2016, 03:47:32 pm »
I'm happy to share that after being off the Atripla and on Genvoya for almost a week I have seen a definite difference in my state of mind. I will mimic what someone said earlier on in the thread.. a veil was lifted! I have been sleeping better, not waking up in a stupor, and haven't experienced a day with a buzzing foggy head since!! I'm so glad I got over my dear of switching and did it. Now we wil see in 3 months if the meds are working on keeping me undetectable with a cd4 in the 1000s. Also, thankfully I did not experience the nausea or any other effect so far. I'm finally able to feel the joy of moving into my new home without a cloud hanging over my head. If anyone has doubts about switching...I highly recommend it!!!

Glad to hear you are doing so well and the switch has suited you.
Very good update.

Jim
HIV 101 - Index & everything you need to know
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado RickDallas

« Respuesta #201 en: Junio 30, 2016, 03:27:02 pm »
Glad the Genvoya has created a positive difference in your state of mind. I was on Atripla for 9 years and finally made the switch to Genvoya in March 2016. I definitely found myself waking up with a clearer head.
Best,
Rick

Desconectado newlifepoz

« Respuesta #202 en: Noviembre 29, 2016, 04:30:56 am »
Hi all. My first post.

I was diagnosed three years ago and began on Atripla. First time was a complete trip. Had a dream where everything was melting and I could feel the room spinning, but that only lasted one night. Had a rash (but no itching) a few days after and it went away quickly. Always slept really well, but overtime I began experiencing the psychological stuff. It didn't create problems it just heightened them like a magnifying glass. I would get really nervous in a car when someone else was driving. Abnormally so and irrationally. When I got angry it was more than it needed to be. It never lasted though maybe 20-45mins at a time. My dr recently switched me to Genvoya because she said it was more efficient. My cholesterol has been pretty high and steadily increased while on Atripla. We'll see in three months if coming off of it helps. I'm taking Genvoya in the am because I know that I'll consistently eat around the same time and I won't need to make excuses to go take a pill if I'm out with other people. After about a week now I'm beginning to mentally feel a bit more clear, calm, and relaxed...but tonight I am not sleeping. It's been three hours and I'm wide awake. Not sure if it's the Genvoya, or my body still working off the Atripla, or just not tired.

Desconectado Bernado

• Traveling my life!!!
« Respuesta #203 en: Marzo 19, 2017, 05:18:52 pm »
Hi. Been with Atripla for two years now and I've been undetected for one and my CD4 are on normal levels now. At the beginning I hated Atripla for it's side effects but as they started to fade away, life got back to normal, except for one thing: the dreaming.
My dreams are no longer vivid as the first nigh (God I hatted it), but have them almost on a daily basis and although most of the times I don't wake up at the middle of the night, it feels as if I don't rest at all... Does anyone have this? What can be done, for I've tried everything from teas, to doing exercise before going to sleep, to reading, not reading, watching TV, not watching TV, listening to music, etc...
I've read some other posts and most of them say that it's something that I have to get used to and I would only that I don't have enough energy during the day.
"Sometimes is necessary for life to shake us very strongly to realize that the time we have left is not to be wasted."

Desconectado mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Respuesta #204 en: Marzo 19, 2017, 06:59:33 pm »
Bernado - I've been in these forums for about 10 years maybe. The consensus is that solution to Atripla and people who have CNS (central nervous system) reactions to it - like you do - is to get off the efavirenz - so change the combo.

I only lasted 1/2 a year on it. I couldn't deal. 

But the challenge of course is that in some countries, HIV+ folks don't have choices. 

Do you have choices?

Welcome to the forum.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Desconectado Expat1

« Respuesta #205 en: Marzo 20, 2017, 09:04:26 pm »
I had the same effect Bernado, my dreams were "tedious' and I awoke felling very tired from them.  Not rested at all. 

My doctor was reluctant to change me as I cant take AZT or NVP so he was concerned about the long term durability of what I took next.  I insisted on Truvada and Rilpivirine and he finally agreed after I was very insistent. 

Very glad I made the switch.  Haven't had a sleep problem since and now on the fourth year of treatment, 3 after the switch. 

I did want to stick to 2nrtis and 1nnrti as I take a lot of other medications that would interact with boosters. 

Desconectado Bernado

• Traveling my life!!!
« Respuesta #206 en: Marzo 24, 2017, 07:00:58 pm »
Bernado - I've been in these forums for about 10 years maybe. The consensus is that solution to Atripla and people who have CNS (central nervous system) reactions to it - like you do - is to get off the efavirenz - so change the combo.

I only lasted 1/2 a year on it. I couldn't deal. 

But the challenge of course is that in some countries, HIV+ folks don't have choices. 

Do you have choices?

Welcome to the forum.

I do have choices (I'm from Mexico) but haven't talked to my doctor about my dreams... O guessed last time I was with him it would be temporary, but it turned out not to be... I',m actually seeing him next week so I'll talke to him about it.
Thanks for the tip.
"Sometimes is necessary for life to shake us very strongly to realize that the time we have left is not to be wasted."

Desconectado Bernado

• Traveling my life!!!
« Respuesta #207 en: Marzo 24, 2017, 07:06:38 pm »
I had the same effect Bernado, my dreams were "tedious' and I awoke felling very tired from them.  Not rested at all. 

My doctor was reluctant to change me as I cant take AZT or NVP so he was concerned about the long term durability of what I took next.  I insisted on Truvada and Rilpivirine and he finally agreed after I was very insistent. 

Very glad I made the switch.  Haven't had a sleep problem since and now on the fourth year of treatment, 3 after the switch. 

I did want to stick to 2nrtis and 1nnrti as I take a lot of other medications that would interact with boosters.

I haven't told my doctor about it still because I guesses they would go away eventually. I'm actually seeing him next week and see my options. Thanks for the response. ;-)

Desconectado Bernado

• Traveling my life!!!
« Respuesta #208 en: Marzo 27, 2017, 06:08:37 pm »
Hi everyone! I just saw my doctor earlier today and he told me that there are a few things I can try before considering changing treatment. He told me that I might need to change my daily exercise routine to something more demanding and drinking more water. Yesterday I went hiking with a friend and I didn't dream a bit so maybe that is the solution to my problem.
By the way, I'm still undetected and my CD4 are 465... They turned out a littel low this time because I had throat infection a few days before they drew blood out of me, but everything is fine. Fit as a fiddle.

Desconectado Expat1

« Respuesta #209 en: Marzo 30, 2017, 02:25:19 pm »
Bernardo, My partner takes EFV 400 mg instead of EFV 600 mg (the Atripla dose) with the other drugs the same as Atripla (TDF and FTC).  He feels better with the lower dosage.  You might ask about that dosage.  Also do you take at night and without food.  Some people say food increases the effect.  (For me I had it with and without food).

That said it is 3 pills a day instead of just 1. 

Desconectado Bernado

• Traveling my life!!!
« Respuesta #210 en: Marzo 30, 2017, 03:25:21 pm »
Thanks Epat1.
I'll ask my doctor if that is a solution for me. He did tell me that I should do some other activities to see if they work before considering changing treatment... So far, I'm doing ok with the advice given.
And in my case, I haven't seen any association with having food or not close to the take... I'll observe now that you suggest it!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2017 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.