Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:28:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 687
Total: 688

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: At My Wits End - Any Similar Experiences???  (Read 8485 times)

Offline Ronnie99

At My Wits End - Any Similar Experiences???
« on: July 20, 2006, 10:41:54 pm »
The moderators on this board will probably kick me off, but I figure if I ask this question on the Off Topic forum they can't get too mad. I am one of those people who has tested negative so far but have had tremendous issues with illness/symptoms after a sexual encounter of a very risky nature that have literally brought me down very low. I just want to ask a few questions:

Here is my story first: I am gay and 40 years old but have been very unactive sexually all my life. I had a very stupid sexual encounter early in February of this year and got sick two weeks later. This was very dangerous receptive encounter unprotected. It all started with a hot/feverish feeling in my ears, then my neck and head but did not have a measureable fever. I know these were purely physicial symptoms because I was not crazy/stressed in the two weeks between the stupid encounter and the feverish feeling because I thought the person I was with was completely negative. This feverish head and neck remain to this day all day everyday although they have diminished a lot.

I also got very swollen glands in the neck, arm and groin about a week later which lasted for almost 5 months. They were the most swollen in the neck. About three months after the encounter I had a classic flu-like illness with fever, chills. Had to stay in bed for about a week. Since then I have been very tired and pale looking (close friends regularly say "what is up with you", "you look horrible", and "you look like you've aged 20 years", all of which are very accurate). I feel like I am anemic (pale, tired, listless, etc.) and have had a lot of minor skin issues which are really troubling (slow to heal sores, red spots on trunk, etc.)

Anyway, why I am posting this is I am curious if anyone had an HIV encounter/symptoms remotely like this where they got sick in a few week with a feverish illness and stayed ill-feeling for several months afterwards before testing positive? I have tested negative for all STDS but I am at my wits end to understand what has happened to me. Any ideas related to HIV or not would be welcome. The doctor has no clue and said to take B vitamins... :(

I am posting this here because the moderators on the Am I Infected forum don't like folks like me who have an unexplained illness after a sexual encounter to post there....

Thanks in advance for any responses,

Ronnie

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
Re: At My Wits End - Any Similar Experiences???
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 10:49:32 pm »
NEVER post this stuff in any other forum that the fears forum.

This has been reported for deletion.

If you fear you are infected and have questions, ask them in the 'am i infected forum'.'

oops, wait, just cuz you didn't get the validation of your fears there doesn't mean you can come to this forum to whine about it more.

You disgust me with your flagrant abuse of these forums when you have been repeatedly told you are conclusive negative after testing at the appropriate time.

Get your ass out of here.

I am posting this here because the moderators on the Am I Infected forum don't like folks like me who have an unexplained illness after a sexual encounter to post there....

well, that's becuase you are hiv negative.  you need a banning.  If you have continuing problems see your doctor but don't bother us with this drivel.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 10:54:57 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline Ronnie99

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 10:52:36 pm »
This is an off-topic post in terms of HIV in the eyes of the moderators on this board since I have been told by a few of the moderators that HIV is not an issue in my case. That is why I am asking it on an off-topic forum. Are you saying that I can't post an off-topic post in an off-topic forum? That does not make sense....

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 10:54:00 pm »
you can't and you won't post 'am i infected' questions' in this or any other forum.

Get out or they will ban you.

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 10:54:34 pm »
Yes, but you have already presented your "case" here http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=2030.0  Why is it that you think the answers you receive will be any different here?

Just askin
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline Ronnie99

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 10:57:17 pm »
I'm not posting a Am I infected post. I am posting a question of what could be the cause be it HIV or something else.

I am seeing is anyone has any ideas unrelated to HIV (off-topic)

Offline Ronnie99

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 11:01:40 pm »
I'm trying to get feedback from people who might have ideas regarding non-HIV possible causes (off-topic).

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 11:01:55 pm »
yes, you are.

keep it back in the 'am i infected forum' if you have questions about what is going on with  you.

the off-topic forum is for fun chatty stuff where we don't want to be bothered with asses like you.

kthanxbye.

Offline Ronnie99

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 11:04:12 pm »
"Asses like me"? Thanks......

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 11:08:01 pm »
Regardless of why you're posting this here, in your original post in the "Am I Infected" forum the answer you got from two people was:

If you are feeling really sick (and to be honest, your assessment does not seem to fit that category) then you have to go see a doctor to find out what's wrong. Certainly the internet can offer no diagnosis nor treatment.

Again, I would ask, what makes you think the answer will be different in this forum?
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 11:12:59 pm »
especially in a forum designed for offtopic chat and banter.. this forum is for people who just want to socialize and talk....not the same fears shit repeated again.

I won't have.  we won't have it.  The forum won't have it and neither will the mods.

Ass.

Back.

To.

The

Other

Forum.

Offline Ronnie99

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 11:20:15 pm »
livingpositively: I just want to ask an off-topic question as I have been told that HIV is not the issue. I want feedback.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 11:25:25 pm »
and you have been told that this forum specifically is for off-topic banter and socialization.

It is not a forum for you to continue you fears or hiv.

And since this is not a general std forum. you should ask your questions in the 'am i infected' forum which you will be told to consult your doctor if sysmptoms of something persist.

Do not bring your shit here to this light banter forum.

We do not and will not hear it here.

If you want to talk about politics or the golden girls or something like that, this is the forum and you are welcome to do so.  If you persist in questioning your hiv status or any other ailment, then get the fark out of this forum. 

This forum is not a consolation prize for you since you are hiv negative conclusively.

If you need or want further direction, ask you questions back in your same thread in the 'am i infected' forum.

kthanxbye

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 03:31:01 am »
You have rightly informed the original poster that his topic was inappropiate in this section.
Next you rightly (again!) reported this incident to the moderators.
The next 3rd appropriate action would have been to use the designated ignore button, or better; refrain from further engaging the original poster.
Instead you chose to turn from defensive to offensive.
Most regretable and totally uncalled for.

Peace
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 04:33:21 am by Grasshopper »

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 04:32:58 am »
Agree with Grasshopper. It's a moderators' issue, not an opportunity for yelling. Yep, flagrant misuse of forum space; but is it really necessary to tell a person who's sick (in his head anyway, of whatever cause, and certainly sick with obsessive worry) that he "disguts" you and that he is an "ass" and he's bringing "shit"?

Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 06:46:45 am »
Ronnie,

The moderators do NOT consider your topic to be "Off Topic". You are refusing to believe your negative results, pure and simple.

I'm moving this thread to the Am I forum where it belongs and I am also locking this so you can return to your original thread

And speaking of original post, that is where I want you to keep all your additional thoughts or questions. You are NOT in any position to be giving advice in this forum as you obviously do not have a good grasp on the basics of hiv transmission and testing.

But I'm hoping you will not be posting in your original thread because as you might know from reading the Welcome Thread:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

You do not have hiv and it's time you went to a doctor to get to the bottom of your physical problems. If you still cannot accept your negative hiv results, they perhaps a visit to a menatl health care professional is in order.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 06:50:39 am »
Bailey,

I agree with some of the other posters here. You reported this matter and that should have been an end to it. You have no excuse for becoming abusive. You're treading on thin ice here.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 09:28:37 am »
Ronnie, I just want to chime in here briefly.

First of all, you have allowed your anxiety to take over by inserting your concerns in any other area of the Forums than this one. You have no business doing that and it must no happen again.

Secondly, you have more than reliably tested negative for HIV. Simply because you continue to have undiagnosed symptoms does not by default invalidate your negative results. Along with working with whomever you need to see in the medical field, I agree with Ann that it's time for you to see a therapist or other like professional to get some support with sorting out your feelings during a difficult time.

This is not an HIV situation no matter what your mind is telling you otherwise. Period.

Now, get on with getting the help you need in appropriate places.
Andy Velez

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 10:32:41 am »
Bailey:

Man, what is up with you? 

The only one in serious danger of being banned is you.  You have REPEATEDLY been asked -- in numerous threads and PMs in the past -- to keep your snide and unnecessarily hostile comments to yourself.  If you really think responses such as this make you look like a defender of the Forums' integrity, you've really got another thing coming.

Tim Horn   

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.