Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:30:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773290
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 669
Total: 669

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: please answer and thank you  (Read 5978 times)

Offline scared fella

please answer and thank you
« on: October 07, 2010, 11:18:45 pm »

First let me say your site is unbelievable. As a long time married straight male I never was truly aware of the fear and complications of thinking one may have HIV. Your service to the community at large is one of the most knowledgeable I have found. I will be donating to your site and to Dr. Bob from The Body whom I have read as well. My story may seem silly after reading your information but I was mentally preparing myself for having HIV and the effects it will have on my life.
I had a handjob from a waitress when I was out of town . Worried later maybe she was intravenous drug user or part time sex worker.
 I has briefly touched her panties around her vagina. I do not remember any fluid on my hand. I think I may have used the same hand to pull my penis out.
 I then sucked her nipple not thinking about the very distinct possibility of her being post partum and lactating. After more handjobbing I rushed inside the the establishment where I was staying briefly washed my hands and then went to my room to masturbate  The strange reality is that a day later I feel extremly dizzy with a flush face .proceeding with hard core lethargic symptoms and a nausea for several days I have never felt before. for days it continued.  5 days later the doctor test my sore throat for strep and finds none too late for PEP. He suggest IO have a nasel infection or virus Then I continue with a dry sinus infection that is dry and the sore throat....When the true anxiety set in the canker sores formed in my mouth. Could be from anxiety I got a PCR done on the 8Th day I feel somewhat better but I'm deeply afraid of my stupidity

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: am I infected ?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 11:25:54 pm »
Fella,

Getting a handjob and touching someone's panties are not risks for HIV transmission. You do not need to be tested for HIV as a result of this sexual encounter.

HIV is a fragile virus which is difficult to transmit. To learn more about how HIV is and is not spread, please read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our lessons on HIV transmission.

MtD

Offline scared fella

Re: am I infected ?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 11:41:50 pm »

Yes sir I did read I understand and I appreciate your timly response. My only worry at this point is unknown blood on her hand because the symptoms are like some cruel joke from God....I know that symptoms are not HIV but I had never been sick like this and I have never had a sore in my mouth.......

However, the only question would be some blood on my penis and i rubbed the groin area but I ded read Anns response about vaginal secretion .

Offline scared fella

please answer and thank you
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 08:49:56 am »

My question concerning the handjob has been somewhat handled thanks to your information and other sources which i have read apparently I would be one of the first to receive HIV from a handjob....I am just worried about unseen blood

I did not look at my penis(foolish ) due to the fact it was covered in clothing nor did I view her hands ( again foolish ) I was afraid of possible blood contact from hand which could have transmitted if she was intravenous drug user. I groped her groin ( with panties on ) prior to masturbation and handjob

Finally my main worry was sucking on her nipple for about 12 seconds I did not notice breastmilk but her breast were very large perhaps postpartum engorged.
  I have experienced unbelievable symptoms acute sinus infection ( dry ) which Ive never had.sore throat,Nassau , fatigue, and mouth ulcers which are healing. I synopsis was a possible opportunistic infection has set in...two weeks later I feel somewhat better.
I understand being a symptomologist is irritating its just almost unbelievable the coincidence
Now I am extremely worried about my 8 day PCRDNA test being false positive Am I  to understand I would be the only case of an adult contracting HIV from breast milk exposure ?
Reg

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: please answer and thank you
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 09:54:13 am »
Scared,

Any positive result on a PCR test must be confirmed with standard antibody testing and if that is also positive, a Western Blot. If you get a positive on your PCR test, it will either be a false positive or it will relate to an incident of unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse you have not told us about.

Nothing you brought to us today was a risk for hiv infection.

Yes, you would be the first adult to become infected through breast milk -  but that's not going to happen. Not even babies are guaranteed to become infected if a positive mother breast  feeds them. 

Getting a handjob is not a risk for hiv infection, not even if there was blood on her hands.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

Here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER WHAT YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO US, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scared fella

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 10:09:13 am »
 ;D I have never touched another woman since I was married..........
Ann and company I thank you so much for your knowledge there will not be a year that goes by that I will not think of  your help or this incident. I have a better compassion and understanding of HIV and I promise when I can to donate to your organization....how do I do so ?

Furthermore in tears I am going to find a way to donate some time for the em betterment for children with HIV.....
 I have a five year old and a seven year old I love dearly . In one way or either way this lesson has taught me temperance from alcohol  so that I may to better treat myself so that I may live to see my children grow up with or without HIV
 I do not respond well to meds is my main worry and my symptoms were so bad I almost assuredly
was preparing. The breast milk issue still has me extremely worried but you have helped tremendously
Thank You Thank You Thank You  I will still wait for results at the 13 week mark before having sex with my wife. And the next time the Falcons beat the Saint s in New Orleans I will not suck on some cocktail waitress breast in the parking lot .........We are all sinners sometimes our mistakes help our future
we can all be Saints and my dear you are  truly Sainted

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 10:22:12 am »
Scared,

I just realised you already posted about this earlier today. I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You're not going to become infected from breast milk. Saliva contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. Not only that, but hiv can only latch onto and infect a very few, very specific types of cells. These cells are not found in abundance in the mouth.

As I said, not even tiny babies who rely solely on breast milk for their sustenance are guaranteed of becoming hiv positive when their mother is positive. You're totally barking up the wrong tree with this breast milk thing. You can suck as many nipples as you want without fear of hiv.

If you continue to feel unwell, see your doctor. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv as you did not have a risk.

If you wish to donate, please send a check made out to AIDSmeds.com to:

AIDSmeds.com,
462 Seventh Avenue, 19th Floor,
New York, NY 10018.

And thank you very much!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scared fella

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 10:31:28 am »

My only other concern was when I groped her groin with panties on .......... then potentially touched my penis.

I think you handeled this explanation in other question about a womans outer fluid not being able to infect. do I have that right ?

WOW women are amazing

Thank you ann

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 10:45:45 am »
Scared,

Don't you think I would have mentioned it if that were a risk? Did you not read what I wrote to you earlier?

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

You didn't even touch her directly, you touched her through her panties. Your hand could have been dripping in vaginal fluid before you touched yourself and there would not have been a risk for the reasons I explained above.

Hiv transmission happens INSIDE the body during unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. It isn't transmitted via fluids of any sort on the hand during mutual masturbation. Got it? Good.

Now stop worrying over this NO RISK incident.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scared fella

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 11:26:56 am »

Final question . my hands had groped her groin ( panties on ) and I have most likly used the same hand to pull penis out

I am stilkl confused if the possibility of any secreation could have transmitted

Offline scared fella

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 11:29:55 am »

8)

Sorry I have just only been this sick a few times in my life and many symptoms are present although I did get sick rapidly ..two days after .....

Thank you again and When I get rolling again ( im self employed ) the check will most def be on the way my dear.

Even if ..you hqave reduced my blood pressure by at least 50 poins

Not as scared fella

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 12:35:23 pm »

Final question . my hands had groped her groin ( panties on ) and I have most likly used the same hand to pull penis out

I am stilkl confused if the possibility of any secreation could have transmitted

Are you reading anything I write? I already answered this question.

Scared,

Don't you think I would have mentioned it if that were a risk? [I was talking about you touching her through her panties.] Did you not read what I wrote to you earlier?

You didn't even touch her directly, you touched her through her panties. Your hand could have been dripping in vaginal fluid before you touched yourself and there would not have been a risk for the reasons I explained above.

Hiv transmission happens INSIDE the body during unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. It isn't transmitted via fluids of any sort on the hand during mutual masturbation. Got it? Good.

Now stop worrying over this NO RISK incident.

Ann

My answers aren't going to change no matter how many times you ask the same question.

Just because you don't get sick often doesn't mean that whatever is going on now has to be hiv. It's not hiv - you did NOT have a risk by any stretch of the imagination. NO RISK. If you continue to feel unwell, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv as you did NOT have a risk.

The only thing wrong with you is a bad case of the guilts. Get over it. Hiv isn't a punishment for straying outside your marriage. It's a virus. It has very specific requirements for successful transmission and nothing you report even comes close to satisfying any of those requirements.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scared fella

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 01:47:48 pm »

Ann the address for donation is gone can u repost and I will write down

The masterbation after the incident is still my worry as it was rather intense with lotion but I think you have suffeciently explained yourself. I just wonder why these symptoms occured days afterwards.
You again have been a blessing . I now wonder what else I was blessed with . Something got a hold of me ...

Offline scared fella

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 09:39:21 am »

Ann ,

Thank you so much for your time I did and do not mean to waste it.

Final educational question for my anxiety and education  .Why are PCR results  not accurate the folks who sell them sure claim they are. I would not have so much attention toward the breast milk exposure except it is my last explanantion for being sick for 2 weeks since the incident.  I fear I may one of the few  adults infected by breast milk.. My immune system was down at exposure  and the 2nd week mouth ulcers which have healed rapidly make since regarding there location..Donations on the way after all the test are paid for

Thank you again

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 09:59:42 am »

Ann the address for donation is gone can u repost and I will write down

It's not gone, it's just a few posts up above in reply #6.

If you wish to donate, please send a check made out to AIDSmeds.com to:

AIDSmeds.com,
462 Seventh Avenue, 19th Floor,
New York, NY 10018.

And thank you very much!

Ann

There is simply NO WAY you would have been infected through breast milk. You don't even know if she was lactating and she probably wasn't - you would have tasted it.

It's merely a coincidence that you became ill after this incident. Maybe you picked up a respiratory type bug off her, but nothing you did or had done to you could possibly result in hiv infection.

Your feelings of guilt are what is driving this. Hiv is NOT a punishment for straying outside your marriage. It has very specific modes of transmission and you did not engage in any behaviour that put you at risk for transmission.

You sucked some tit, felt some pussy and got wanked off. Get over it already.

If you continue to post over this no risk situation, you WILL be given a time out.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED FOR THE LAST TIME

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scared fella

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 01:56:31 pm »

Ann and company I am pleased to say that my 11 day PCR DNA test came back negative, however
I understand that it could be meaningless. It seems you feel my risk was non existant. am I to understand that a 28 day PCR would not show HIv ? Please do not ban me I will not contantly post and I plan on donanting after the 2nd test is paid for.

Symptoms better ... anxiety better because of  ANN  knowledge

scared fella

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 08:09:12 pm »
Scared,

No, you didn't have a test and you didn't need the PCR test. You do not need further testing as you have NOT had a risk.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to try to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.