Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:06:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 610
Total: 612

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Frustration with new mix  (Read 4044 times)

Offline David84

Frustration with new mix
« on: September 25, 2006, 08:51:37 am »
Hello All:
I would value some input on this one. Background: 22 yrs poz , mutiple resistances etc.. when last set of labs came in cd4  44  vl 96000 decided with doc time to switch to Aptivus and drop Lexiva. So the new mix is:
Aptivus, Norvir,Viread, Zerit and Fuzeon(since 2003). 

Anyhow, I am fustrated with side effects.. overall feel like flu with lots of trips to bathroom. (Thanks Norvir). Its dragging me down instead of boosting me up. I told the doc I would manage thru Oct. 4 with all this, but am thinking otherwise. Thinking of calling him today.. thoughts, comments, suggestions?

I really appreciate it! Thanks so much in advance.
Hugs
David

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
Re: Frustration with new mix
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 09:02:55 am »
Aptivus is used with the evil amount of 400mg Norvir a day. Prezista, newly licensed, uses 200mg a day.  Maybe this is an option.  Plus it is shaping up to be kinda stunning against PI resistance virus in many cases and seems to have less side effects. 

Which PI to replace Aptivus really depends on your PI mutations, there may be even more options (do you have a list?).

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline David84

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 07:45:51 pm »
Well I went.. we reviewed the list of mutations/resistances... not much to offer but Prezista. Took labs and will decide next monday.. so in the meantime his m.o. was to deal with things as they are for another week.  Going to investigate integrase inhibitors and CCR5 Blocker.. Don't know too much about either, but sure I will find out.

By the way Matt.. how you feeling? What did you find out?

David

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 03:02:52 am »
Hello D, I am, er fine

I would rather be on Prezista that Aptivus, resistance allowing, cos it's much less Norvir.

There's very good data on the integrase inhibitor MK-0518 here:  Integrase inhibitor MK-0518: early results show greater early potency than efavirenz.  It is shaping up to be a possible goodie. I say possible because it may stumble in Phase 3 of the trial process. It is untested in a "salvage" context, but lack of interactions with other drugs cleared by P450 pathway (eg Norvir), or with food, make it a good candidate for testing for this purpose. Phase 3 studies will use a 400mg 2 x day dose. The FDA is fast-tracking the approval process.  I believe there will be a compassionate access programme for the drug in the US from Sept/Oct time.

This may also be of interest (as a short-term intervention): Three-class experienced patients experience 1 log viral load reduction using monoclonal antibody TNX-355

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline David84

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 02:45:46 pm »
Thanks for info Matt..

Its all too confusing sometimes eh? Looks like there is an access program available for integrase inhibitor in US. Yet another discussion point for Monday with doc.

David

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.