Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:47:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773209
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 516
Total: 518

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Florida Transgender Bathroom Bill  (Read 5154 times)

Offline Almost2late

Florida Transgender Bathroom Bill
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:39:22 pm »
I guess since gay marriage is now legal in Florida, Republican Rep. Frank Artiles of Miami and the rest of his goons are now targeting Transgender people..
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article12524315.html

No surprise, this asshole (Artiles) has been known to be a bully, likes punching out college kids..
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2015/03/04/report-house-member-punched-student-at-tallahassee-bar/24364307/

I really would rather have this guy as my Rep..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E97RA9sbafQ

Sometimes I just hate Florida >:(

Offline Almost2late

Re: Florida Transgender Bathroom Bill
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 10:53:26 pm »
I don't even think this was an issue in South Florida, these fucks just want revenge for the gay marriage issue..

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 12:45:08 am »
Kentucky repubs are trying to get this passed here, too. 

Offline mitch777

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 09:17:28 am »
I'm saddened but not surprised. So many of them hate anything that they don't understand... like science.  :P
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 11:19:09 pm »
An article about these bills and how they believe they won't pass and if they do, they will face lawsuits. 

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6753712?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000010

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 08:12:26 pm »
Florida really should be three states,
You have to look at the demographic.
There are a lot of elderly folks there that really don't know what gay is,
Let alone transgender . Combine that with a bunch of red necks.....
Then you factor in the bible stomping republicans running the state.
Well there you have it.
That's why I don't live there anymore .
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 12:05:23 pm »
I draw the line at a bar code bracelet!

>:( :o
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 12:54:26 pm »
An article about these bills and how they believe they won't pass and if they do, they will face lawsuits. 

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6753712?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000010
The Bathroom Bill that belongs in the toilet  ;D

And when a conservative is the parent of a trans son, her politics must change some no?.. Or you would be a stupid parent.. I'm curious on Sen. Ros-Lehtinens opinion on the bathroom bill.. probably no comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/19/ileana-ros-lehtinen-transgender-son_n_6185310.html

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 01:12:37 pm »
Ah ....
Remember her well...
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 03:52:26 pm »
Perhaps we're more progressive in these part than I imagined.  I regularly go with the ladies to that back restroom so we can sneak a smoke while they whiz.  They don't even shut the stall doors while I stand there chatting and enjoying their company.

Good god, it's not of a sexual nature!  And perhaps it's because we grew up in an area where people had no issue with taking a whiz whenever nature called.  We could recognize poison ivy from a mile away even when buzzed.  :)
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 09:00:06 pm »
Thing is they are drawing attention to this as if there was a problem when there is not.. Now they want to plant that ugly seed of hate and watch the idiots react.. I am concerned cause this affects one of my kids.. If people stopped to think regardless of who you are, someone you may know or related to maybe needlessly hurt from such a stupid law..
Ah ....
Remember her well...
I'm not particularly a fan of hers but I admire that she stood by her kid.. I am leaving florida in a couple of years to a place that for the most part this is not an issue.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 11:20:33 am »
I didn't mean anything negative about her,
she always seemed compassionate and kind ,I
just don't get her in the GOP either ?
I think there are quite a few republicans in the same position,
I don't know how they can balance politics and conscience ....
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.