Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 360
Total: 361

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Snow  (Read 20488 times)

Offline lucas clay

Snow
« on: December 31, 2007, 04:44:02 pm »
Looks like Michigan is going to get 4 to 8 inches of snow by tomorrow.
Local weather is saying 6 to 8 .
looks like old Lucas will be shoveling tomorrow, my son is sick with a cold so it looks like it will be all me.
( how many times have i shoveled with a cold)
i will do it in shifts, i have the old truck to fill up for traction, sitting in the middle spot.
( i have to clear out 3 spots, the deck, walk, and the deep stuff the snow plow leaves behind)
i still have some whiskey and soda for when its all done and a tub to soak in.
i will take my time and pay attention to what the body says, i usually don't have a bad time of it.
then make a drink, roll a fatty bobatty, fill up the tub. turn on the tunes and soak for a bit.
let ya all know how it goes
                                       (should have bought that new snow blower)
                                                                                                         Lucas

Offline bear60

Re: Snow
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 04:55:51 pm »
Good luck with the shoveling.
Dont forget to make a pot of soup before doing the shoveling!!!
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 05:14:56 pm »
I'm tempted to start pouring myself some bourbon right now, Lucas.  Good luck with the shoveling.  We've managed to avoid more than a light dusting here thus far in the season.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 06:32:32 pm »
We're supposed to get snow here, too, but not until tomorrow evening into Wednesday.  Some places will only see 1 - 2 inches, the mountains will see up to 8 inches before all is said and done.  Of course Wednesday is mini's MRI - we have to leave about 7am for PAT at 9am and the test at 11.  Hard to believe that we're back up to 51 by next Monday.  What a completely odd winter we've had.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 06:43:58 pm »
Hey Lucas,

Except for on TV, movies, video and from a distance, I had never seen snow until last week.  I have this thing about being cold so I have lived my entire life in warm weather locations to tropical.  Last week, there was 4 inches of snow in Mendocino County so I bundled up in some warm clothes and went for a drive.  I don't think, I'll be doing that again  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Have the best day
Michael

To the snow, to the snow, to the snow... brrr too cold, to the bar, to the bar, to the bar
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 06:45:37 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 06:48:12 pm »
Hey Lucas-

Here in Hoosierville, we've had a winter storm warning since about 4:00 p.m.  We're supposed to get 5-9 inches.  Where I live in Indiana is just about 1/2 hour away from the Michigan border.  I totally feel ya! 

Oh, I've never heard it called bobatty before.  Funny! :D
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 06:50:47 pm »

8)  No snow here ! Can't say I miss it either... We are supposed to have a drop in temperature, tomorrow and Wednesday. These past few days have been great, on the Florida Suncoast, with temps in the 80's.
 Is that one of those "Lake Effect" snow snows, your going to be having up in Michigan. Very familiar with those storms, when I lived in Western New York. Stay safe !!

HAPPY NEW YEARS !-------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 06:52:16 pm »
Ray, that sounds delightful right now with temps being in the teens here, but I couldn't take the hot, humid summers there in Florida.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 07:17:44 pm »
Ray, that sounds delightful right now with temps being in the teens here, but I couldn't take the hot, humid summers there in Florida.

Hi Betty

We walked arounnd the outdoor flea-market on Saturday, and the humidity was high. Temp was in the mid-80's Ed and I both had soaked shirts !! The humidity is tough at times !

Happy New year-----Ray 8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline minismom

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 08:16:18 pm »
Hubby just got off the phone with his sister in Tampa and she was talking about having the air conditioner on.  High tomorrow here is 20.  I'm like Betty, though, I don't do heat well at all.
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 07:59:19 am »
Well, morning here in Hoosierville.  We got a tone of snow last night.  Supposed to get 5 more inches today, 5 more tonight and 3 more tomorrow before it's all over.  Guess I'll be like Lucas and be going in and out shoveling most of the time. :-\  Wish I had a snowblower!

Offline mjmel

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 08:15:49 am »
Lucas, it's not too late to buy that snowblower.

Mike M

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 08:34:11 am »
It's blowing so hard here, I don't have to worry about the snow it's all going to my neighbors. :D

Offline lucas clay

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 09:58:18 am »
Hello
Not too bad here maybe 4 to 5 inches, damn stuff is wet and heavy.
Got out at 9:00 and I'm all done except i will do more of the yard for the doggie. Nadine is going to look for his sweater and boot him out to play, that will last for about 5 min.
going to get real cold here over night so the roads will be slick tomorrow I'm sure, and its the day we go back to work.
Nadine is having some bean dip for breakfast, and the doggie is begging away. He got into some last night and just loved it. buddy will eat anything except for black olives.
Seems like i will do a Motrin and no need to get loaded up on the booze, damn.
Happy new year my friends.

love ya all
                                                                             Lucas

Offline minismom

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 10:21:04 am »
The wind is blowing like mad here, too. Right now, we're just having rain.  It's supposed to turn to snow later this afternoon and continue until Thursday morning.  CRAP!  I'll get hubby to move the truck down to the bottom of the driveway so we can get out tomorrow for Mini's MRI.  If we have to reschedule, we're looking at sometime in June!  I'm not willing to wait that long.  We've loaded up on salt and our youngest son (4yrs old) got a snow shovel for Christmas and has been begging for snow so he can go help hubby shovel.  I know, he's strange.  Everyone stay bundled up and safe.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 10:40:56 am »
50 miles south of cleveland it just started snowing a little bit here.

the kid isn't so strange though Mum. I LOVE shoveling the snow too. You'd think after leaving NC for OH over 20 yrs ago that the novelty would have worn off by now; but it hasn't.  ;D It's one of the things I miss most by moving from my old house to my partner's house (last Dec '06). My old house (across from an elementary school) was on a corner lot so I had lots of sidewalk to shovel. Neighbors used to think I was crazy out shoveling out 3 in the morning. (the neighbors were probably right too LOL)

Unfortunately all I have here to clear off is the driveway - in the 'burbs they don't have many sidewalks. :D However there were two good reasons for moving in with the partner. Not only does he have a 27ft round above-ground pool in the BIG backyard (10x times bigger than the old yard, so the doggies are very happy living here too); but he also owns a snowblower.  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 01:09:27 pm »
Well, Mikie, you can come here and do the shoveling for me!  I got in a little while ago.  Shoveled from my apartment around to the front one, a path out to my car and cleared off my car.  I cleared off about 9 inches.  We're supposed to get another 10 between now and tomorrow morning and another 3 tomorrow! :P  My neighbors got home while I was shoveling out.  They said they went to Chicago for a concert (I live about an hour and a half away).  They ended up spending the night there because of the weather and said Chicago was nothing like it is here.  There are people stuck in the street out in the front of my apartment.  It really gives a whole new meaning to "winter wonderland."  Hope everyone is staying safe. :-*

Offline hudstar

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 01:13:36 pm »
I must admit its odd reading about snow and eating heavy wintery food during Dec Jan. Im sweltering it out at 41°C  (106 °F) and fruit salad is all I can handle! I did make "snowmen" out of sand as a kid though....never thought to throw a sand ball! A stupid but curious question- if the snow gets really bad does your employer allow "non shows" because of bad weather without docking your pay?
diagnosed 1988
POZ personals - hudster

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 01:25:54 pm »
If it gets to level three in Ohio, only essential employees are allowed on the road. Police, Fire, Hospital staff, Department of Corrections staff, Highway Depts and a few others, anyone else caught, will get a citation. Don't have a wreck, your insurance doesn't have to pay when it's a level three. 

Offline hudstar

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 01:31:02 pm »
If it gets to level three in Ohio, only essential employees are allowed on the road. Police, Fire, Hospital staff, Department of Corrections staff, Highway Depts and a few others, anyone else caught, will get a citation. Don't have a wreck, your insurance doesn't have to pay when it's a level three. 

So level three means you legally can't drive on the road therefore cannot get to work so your employer cannot dock your pay for not working?
diagnosed 1988
POZ personals - hudster

Offline minismom

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2008, 01:33:48 pm »
When my hubby worked about an hour away from home, we had a really bad winter storm - December 2002. The store wasnt' allowed to close unless corporate (located in Florida) said it was OK to close.  There were nights when he had to stay overnight with employees because he couldn't make it home.  Finally, the store closed because the employees threatened to walk out.  Hubby called corporate and said either they gave the OK to close, or he'd be stuck hiring all new people.  Corporate gave the OK.  His usual hour drive took him about 3 1/2 hours.  I was scared to death the entire time because there's no cell service between our home and where he used to work.  Salary people didn't get docked, but hourly people didn't get paid.  Hubby gave them the option of using part of the hours from sick leave but it was all corporate would let him offer.

When we lived in Louisiana, it was the same,though.  The day after hurricane Andrew, hubby had to go to work.  No one had electricity, trees were in the streets, roads were flooded, and it was still raining.  But, he had to report to work or be fired.  We were poor college students, so he went to work.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 01:37:11 pm »
A stupid but curious question- if the snow gets really bad does your employer allow "non shows" because of bad weather without docking your pay?

for most jobs, yes. Many notherns states can actually declare an emergency in the middle of a snowstorm and keep all citizens and non-emergency vehicles off the roads for as many days as neccassary. Your employer has no choice when no one is allowed to travel.  ;D Your not docked; but you don't get paid either.

(Thank goodness the part of OH that I'm in, doesn't have but maybe one or two days a year like this, which is plenty for this displaced Southern boy.)

Well, Mikie, you can come here and do the shoveling for me!
I might have to do that! There's just barely snow in the grass and my driveway is just wet now. However, just 15 miles up the road (in Akron), where my partner is working, he's says there's three inches on the ground and it's not stopping; so there's still a hope that I might get enough here to go play in!  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline hudstar

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 01:49:34 pm »

Ok so salary people don't get docked, but hourly people don't get paid. Im guessing students and temps would be up "the creek" because they are the ones that usually take on those hourly christmas period jobs.
diagnosed 1988
POZ personals - hudster

Offline hudstar

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 02:19:45 pm »
for most jobs, yes. Many notherns states can actually declare an emergency in the middle of a snowstorm and keep all citizens and non-emergency vehicles off the roads for as many days as neccassary. Your employer has no choice when no one is allowed to travel.  ;D Your not docked; but you don't get paid either.

Sounds like employers differ. So your not docked due to a big freeze but your pay gets a freeze instead. Ok I think my head is wrapped around that one - thanks:)  BTW, this led me to see if we had a law in place for heat waves? No such law in relation to workers and weather temp limits. Someone did suggest we introduce siesta's to our summer work periods...............great idea. Ok, enough hijacking this thread to appease my curiosity! Have a great new year
diagnosed 1988
POZ personals - hudster

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 02:51:13 pm »
Ok I think my head is wrapped around that one - thanks:)  BTW, this led me to see if we had a law in place for heat waves? No such law in relation to workers and weather temp limits.

the problem isn't so much the temp, it's that snow, like flooding, can simply make travel impossible. If it snows 2 inches an hour, no one, not even an ambulance, can travel in those conditions. So no one works or goes anywhere. (hopefully you've got food in the house, and the snow and ice doesn't bring the power lines down!) If you're salaried, you still get your salary. But if you work hourly, then you just don't get paid cause you didn't work (because your company would be closed).

so the middle of a blizzard is like the middle of a hurricane - while it's seriously snowing (or raining in the hurricane) life just stops until the storms subsides. As soon as the snow slows down enough for plows to scrape roadways clear, life resumes and stores etc open back up - and people go back to work. Everybody gets an unexpected day or two off (let's hope you had food stocked up if it's more than that!); some with pay and some without.  ;)

mikie
(who has lived in NC, FL and OH and wishes he had stayed in FL  ;) )
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline minismom

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2008, 04:26:22 pm »
Unfortunately for people like us, when the electric goes out, we have NOTHING.  Our entire house is electric: stove, baseboard heaters..and we have well water and the pump is electric.  So, no electric, no water, no washing, no bathing, and no flushing of toilets!  It gets really ugly really fast with 8 people (although 1 is still in diapers), 1 bathroom, and no way to flush!  If electric is out for too long, we take stuff out of the fridge and put it out in the snow..just have to make sure the milk doesn't freeze.  And, we have a propane grill, so poor hubby has to cook outside in his parka.  Right now, we've filled up the bathtub with water so we can flush and we keep plenty of bottled water so we can drink.  We end up sleeping downstairs huddled in front of the fireplace (that has electric blowers).  Oh, and last, but not least, we have no phone since our only phone is cordless.  But, a couple of days with no phone...not a big loss in my book.

Mum (who may be driving to a hotel w/ hubby and Mini to make sure we can make her MRI in the morning)
www.watoto.com

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2008, 05:28:09 pm »
minismom, it doesn't really matter if you have total electric or not. The new ng gas stoves and furnaces take electric to ignite them. They all take electric to open the regulators. I just go to my nephews they have two fireplaces and it keeps their house warm. A lot of people around here have generators, so when the electric kicks off the generator starts and they have power again.

Offline next2u

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 03:49:56 am »
it never snows where i live :   )

midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 09:17:27 am »
it never snows where i live :   )

Braggart! :D  Morning here in Hoosierville.  Got another 10 inches on top of the 9 we already had.  Today we're supposed to get 3-5 more inches before it's all over.  Then, now get this, starting Saturday through Monday the temps are supposed to go from 38-50 and it's supposed to rain all three days!  Great!  We won't be able to go anywhere then because of the flooding!  Anyway, I'm going out in a few minutes to shovel a path around from my apartment to the front apartment, to my car and clean off the car.  I have some movies that are due back today at the library, but I doubt they'll get there until tomorrow.  And tonight the temp is supposed to get to -5. 

Offline northernguy

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 11:09:25 am »
.. A stupid but curious question- if the snow gets really bad does your employer allow "non shows" because of bad weather without docking your pay?

We rarely get more than a few cms of snow, maybe three times a year.  Once it starts falling most offices empty out, as employers let the workers go home.  Very few people bother buying snow tires, so it makes driving very treacherous. 
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline randym431

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 11:56:39 am »
I love being off work and having nothing to do, and having it snow.
Its such a nice feeling, and knowing you don't have to go out in it.

My niece just bought a country home with glass doors to a huge deck
looking over a small lake. That would be the way to watch the snow come down,
just at home warm and toasty with no where you need to go.
I called her the last snow and ask if she was soaking it all in and she said a big yes.
Like living a Norman Rockwell painting.   :)
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2008, 02:38:52 pm »
It snowed here all night no accumulation to speak of but it was 7 degrees with a wind chill of -10 - -20 this morning. It's now 13 degrees out.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2008, 03:06:30 pm »
It snowed here all night no accumulation to speak of but it was 7 degrees with a wind chill of -10 - -20 this morning. It's now 13 degrees out.

Hey, that's not fair! We are almost neighbors and we have plenty enough snow here. When I turned-in at 9 pm last night there was about 1" accumulated. This morning there was 5" and it's been snowing lightly all day. The biting wind/cold temps kept me inside most of the day but now I have the heavy artillery on and will tackle the walk area and up to the garage. Run in and warm up. Run out again and feed the llamas & goats.
40 degree high forecast for Friday w/rain -- will melt the white stuff, nevetheless.  :)

Mike M

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2008, 06:37:58 pm »
Well, the movies didn't get back to the library today.  It was just too cold to go anywhere.  I did manage to get the snow shoveled, then someone else shoveled and I got my car cleaned off.  It's freezing here.  But hopefully this is the end of the snow for awhile.  I'm wondering if the next weather drama will begin when it rains Saturday, Sunday or Monday.  Tune in folks! :D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 10:47:49 am »
Evidently it got down to even a record low of 40 in Miami Beach.

Offline minismom

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 10:55:53 am »
Schools around our state were cancelled again today.  It's getting down to 12 tonight so not sure what they'll do about tomorrow.  The snow has finally stopped, but still bitter cold and cloudy.  Tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 41 and 57 by the middle of next week.  This is crazy weather we're having.  There's no snow in the forecast through next Friday (11th), but some rain which is going to cause problems with flooding and creeks as the snow melts.  Looks like the beginning of next week, we're back to walking in a winter muddy mess.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2008, 05:35:12 pm »
 ;D

We were freezing our berries off this morning.  :o   Strawberries that is. Very cold throughout Florida...
Was 32 degrees when I came home from work this morning ( 10 hours ago). Current temp 50 degrees.
Another cold onr tonight.

BBbrrrrrr--------Ray  8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2008, 07:19:19 pm »
Oh Ray, I feel so bad for you (not).  I did take the movies back to the library today.  The roads weren't that bad-but not that good either.  So, I went sliding merrily along.  No snow forcasted.  Rain coming in, now they're saying Friday through next Wednesday.  That oughta make for a real mess on the roads, with 19 inches of snow.  By Monday it's supposed to be 53 degrees.  Mum, it is strange weather. 

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2008, 07:33:48 pm »
I'm in Maryland, 30 miles NW of DC and we haven't gotten anything this season!  I work 3 miles from home now, have a 4WD vehicle now, and love the snow!  I want to see some, I hate the heat, it messes with my diabetes.   :D

The pic is from the Valentines Day ice storm we got in 2007!  I couldn't shovel anything, it was all glazed over!  I am standing on top of about 8 inches of snow and you can still see my boots!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 07:35:33 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2008, 12:10:55 am »
Parts of Cleveland had over a foot and a half of snow while just 50 miles south we have only a dusting on the ground. But it's a very cold and frozen dusting at only 9 degrees! That's a Feb. temp!! Brrr. But then they are predicting 50 by Sat. So weird. Is it global warming or cooling? I say it's both!  ;D

I just keep reminding myself that it's only 5 months until we open the pool! (though it'll probably be 6 months until it's warm enough to actually get IN the pool. LOL)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline lucas clay

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2008, 03:58:29 am »
It was 5 degrees yesterday morning.
A whopping 18 this morning, may get up to 48 on sunday. ( i hope)
I was trying to get the main. guys to fix the heater by my machines, i am right by the truck bay doors.
It was damn cold in work yesterday by my machines, nice and toasty in the offices when i went to bitch about the damn heater.

Lucas

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2008, 07:46:11 am »
It's supposed to get up to 30 degrees today.  Yesterday morning, it was only 2 degrees outside, and when I returned some movies to the library, it was like 12.  So I'm looking forward to it getting up to 30.  Maybe I won't have to wear long johns today. 

Edited to add:  Mikie, can I come swim in your pool this summer? :D

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2008, 10:09:27 am »
Maybe I won't have to wear long johns today. 

Edited to add:  Mikie, can I come swim in your pool this summer? :D

Being as skinny as I have been since I graduated way back in 1980, if it's 40 or lower, I'm wearing long johns! If it's 30 or below, I'm probably wearing those stretchy gloves too. Sure it makes typing a little harder but at least I can still feel my fingers. LOL I love all those Christmas cookies we just had too; cause it's much easier getting through the OH winter at 140 instead of 130 lbs.

I'll let you know when we're closer to our Summer pool party, Pooltag http://reigningpages.com/pooltag, and see if you can make it! We've got hundreds and hundreds of 2-liter bottles stacked up on the patio, so you'll only need some duct tape - and an idea. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2008, 10:28:33 am »
Next week it's going to be in the 50's all week so that will be nice even if it rains. Just as long as those winds stay out west. Looks like SF is going to get hammered this afternoon. All you guys on the West Coast be careful today. Make sure you keep your water wings close by.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2008, 01:05:40 pm »
Yep, here too.  The entire 10-day forecast is exceptional for January.  We may even reach 60F on Tuesday.  Even the overnight lows are only forecast for the lower 40's.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2008, 07:39:07 am »
OK, it's only 7:40 a.m. here and already it's almost 40 degrees outside.  And raining.  Yesterday when I went outside, there was a sheet of ice right in front of my screen door.  They say though that by Wednesday, it's supposed to be back in the 30's and snowing. :P

Offline mjmel

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2008, 07:56:51 am »
It's going to warm up here in south central OHIO! Yahooooo!!
Forecasting 40's, 50's and close to 60 degrees on a couple of days this coming week.
A break from the brutal temps (anything above freezing that holds all day)!
The llamas sense the weather patterns before they happen. Quite often, in fact. Yesterday, they were running, playing and frolicking in the pasture.
Yes, we'll get the rain/freezing rain first but then..........

Mike M
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 07:59:16 am by mjmel »

Offline minismom

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2008, 08:55:43 am »
We're the same here - totally unbelievable!  Yesterday we woke up to 4 degrees and got up to 40.  Today, we're waking up to 14 degrees - a 10 degree heatwave ;).  By the middle of next week, they are predicting 60 degrees - in WV in January!  What the heck happened to winter?  At this rate, I'll never get my "winter" projects done (the ones that i save for the ugly, snowed-in days). We loaded up on all kinds of really cool snow stuff last year when it went on clearance thinking that surly THIS year we'll have a "normal" winter.  But, the kids have been able to use it a grand total of 3 days.  We haven't had a really "good" winter since 2002/2003.  Oh, well, we were also wearing shorts in October - which has never happened.

mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2008, 06:51:02 pm »
Saw on the news earlier about all the rain pounding southern CA.  I hope our friends there are o.k.

Offline minismom

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2008, 07:13:34 pm »
I need to see the sun!  It can be cold as blue blazes, but it would be nice to see the sun.  I, too, hope that everyone is ok in California.  I didnt' realize that they were having such a harsh time.
www.watoto.com

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.