Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:55:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 360
Total: 363

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Positive in more than way  (Read 6452 times)

Offline Haven07

Positive in more than way
« on: February 23, 2007, 11:33:51 pm »
I haven't had it in me to post, but I'm finally giving in to share the few words that zip thru my mind as I type. I recently was diagnosed in August and well it sucks.  >:( But at the end of the day I know that I'm still the same person before this all came to be. I have great friends that support me and resources to use if needed. But still there's this sadness that lingers around my heart and a fear that clouds my mind, and though I supress them, they always come back to say Hi. It's hard living a double life, and even harder feeling like you can't find anyone else to love because of your status (which I know it isn't really the case, but who really thinks rationally in moments of despair) There are those that remain hidden, those who are destructive and worse; those who don't even know. Here I am, as soulful and poetic as I can be. 

08/25/06 (Diagnosed)
09/19/06 CD4:373/VL:509,000 (30%)
01/18/07 CD4:400/VL:153,000 (30%)

Offline Esquare

Re: Positive in more than way
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 11:58:09 pm »
I was also diagnosed in August. The mental baggage associated with this virus is a heavy burden to bear. My wife is the only one that knows other than the necessary health professionals and we plan to keep it that way. I've kept on at work and actually worked harder than every before because I'm a bit more focused now and happy to be able to work. There is surely someone out there who loves you and yes you are still the same person. Living a double life is the choice you have obviously made just be sure that you remind yourself that you are the same person and that you are not alone in this. Its going to be ok, I really feel like that.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Positive in more than way
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 10:07:01 am »
Welcome, Haven,

I'm glad you have found your way to our site. Getting accustomed to having HIV as in intimate part of your life takes time. Note that I say "a part of your life."

Just as you have noted, you're still the person you were and who you are is about much more than the virus, even if it doesn't always feel that way right now.

Coming to this site is a good way of reaching out to the world and reducing your isolation. That's a good healthy move on your part.

Come here as often as you like and get to know people. By asking questions you may have about anything whether medical or other and talking about whatever is on your mind you will find others are going to respond to you much as Esquare has. The better you allow others to know you here the stronger the bond will become.

Again, welcome!

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.