Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:57:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 388
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 364
Total: 364

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ready to go but it's going to be a loooooooooooong day.  (Read 6955 times)

Dan J.

Ready to go but it's going to be a loooooooooooong day.
« on: August 16, 2006, 01:59:18 pm »
Today will be a long day for me. I had my first appointment with my therapist @ 9:30 AM. That went OK. Mostly filling out paper work and she asked me a few questions. I have an appointment with a Nurse Practioner on 9-11 to discuss starting to take anti-depressants. (YUCK) & then I see my therapist again on 9-13. She wants to see me every 2 weeks.

ENOUGH OF THAT...

My flight doesn't leave Nashville until 6:00 AM Thursday but I didn't want to park my car at the airport for a week. My parents are going to drive me to the airport after we eat supper at 4:30 PM.  They have an old geezer's church outing early Thursday AM. I will be at the Nashville airport at least 10 hours before my flight leaves for my connection in Atlanta. At least I will have my laptop to keep me busy in the meantime...

I will be worn out by the time I get to Montreal.

Dan J.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Re: Ready to go but it's going to be a loooooooooooong day.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 02:36:07 pm »
Oh Dan, I hate it that you have to get there so far ahead of your flight !

I am going to leave my car at the airport, I just didn't want to ask anyone to drive me to Bham (one hour each way) and come to get me next Tuesday.

I'll see you tomorrow night!

Hugs

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 03:12:23 pm »
Dan and Alan...

I feel your pain.  I'll be out of my house by 6A tomorrow for a 2 hr drive to Sacramento.  Get some blood drawn then go to the airport for my 12n departure.  Arrive in Montreal at midnight.

Midnight in Montreal.

robert

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 03:31:47 pm »
Dan 10 hours waiting at the airport! ughhhhhhhhh. I will be on the other end of Tennessee at 8am tomorrow.

Im flying out of Tri-Cites in Johnson City TN at 1055am, then I will be in Charlotte at 1145am and departing at Charlotte NC at 1245pm and meeting up with Alan on that flight out Flight 846. Then to Philadelphia by 215pm will arrive in Montreal at 504pm.

Can't wait to see you all there.

Hope we all have a safe flight.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 03:46:51 pm »
Oh Dan has some time to cruise before boarding. :D

Dan J.

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 04:52:16 pm »
Oh Dan has some time to cruise before boarding. :D

Oh Rod, you so CrAzY!!!

The anticipation is building. We eat supper in 45 minutes & then it's off to the Nashville Airport.

Can't wait to see everyone in Montreal! Lisa, I will meet you at the baggage claim Thursday AM.

Dan J.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 12:16:23 am »
Oh Rodney...we have got to talk about those public bathroom romances of yours ::)....  and these days chasing a hunk around the airport is not what it use to be.........It's scary.  Might you mistake you for a sex terrorist :P

Dan.......Hang in there good buddy.  The day will pass and before you know it...you'll be sipping Mai Tai's in Montreal with us crazy folks with loonies in our pockets. Whatever you do...DON"T WATCH THE CLOCK ::)

In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Dan J.

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 04:58:21 am »
There wasn't any sex men to cruise at the Nashville Airport. The place was dead. Damn-it!

My sleepless night could have at least provided me with some sexy men to oogle!

Dan J. ::)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 10:17:01 am »
ROFL, you guys are nuts. I hope you're having a good time.

Rod

Dan J.

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 07:29:28 pm »
Rod ,

We are having the time of our lives. I haven't been to sleep since Tuesday night. I am so excited to be here that there is no time to be tired.

Wishing YOU were HERE!

Dan J. :-*

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.