Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:31:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 359
Total: 361

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: You've got... hate mail  (Read 7650 times)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
You've got... hate mail
« on: July 03, 2006, 11:06:29 pm »
I got my first hatemail from my videoblog.... well, it's kinda pathetic hatemail and sad in it's own way... it's not even very creative nor witty nor even amusing... kinda pathetic really for hatemail.  But I don't expect this fellow to be too bright either, so let's give him a chance!  My motto is try try try again!!!! 

Borked Pseudo Mailed  <nobody@pseudo.borked.net> to me
  More options   Jun 27 (6 days ago)

your'e not only getting a dell you are going to die of aids in 2 years.

I suspect it's some sort of fake cloaked email site, but technophobes can tell me better if it is... because I'd like to sign them up for spam :)

I feel so special.  Not only that somebody at youtube watched a 6 minute blog to get that email addy, but also that they wasted their time emailing me.  Of course that presumes somebody from there, versus here... sent that.  I've had 71 clicks from this and possibly other sites to my vid which is published on youtube.com about another same amount from youtube thus far.

Sad really though.  But dammit, you can't be really famous until people hate you,     

and I've formed a Youtube Group for HIV Videobloggers.   There are two of us (the other is not active on this site that I know of, but he was recently diagnosed and has just started sustiva and truvada and has been giving almost daily reports.   Lwood joined, but I'm not sure if he wants to post his vids under that group or not since they don't directly relate to hiv (mostly) but you are welcome to post your vids to the group lwood... just use the add to group button, I've authorized anybody who is a member to upload (now that I figured out that I could delete them if somebody abuses it.

http://www.youtube.com/group/hiv to view a collection of hiv videoblogs and selected short films/ads.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 11:13:04 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: You've got... hate mail
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 11:15:45 pm »
Bailey, I am sorry you got hate mail. Man, I wish you had the ability to track that loser.  People with strong opinions will always draw the ire of others. I personally would not totally trust nayone with zero enemies :). God/dess knows I have made some online, and am rather proud of them all. Sometimes upturning the cart is a necessary part of living your life in a world that rewards complacency with... well, with a quiet, noiseless death.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 11:32:54 pm »
i would have been much prouder had there been a rant involved though.

a simple one-liner doesn't really cut it as hate mail. 

I'm very sad about that.   Gawd Dammit!  I can't even procure decent hate mailers. :P

I never had this here at aidsmeds... and haven't since i started posting blogs on youtube... with the exception of now since i posted an email addy in my last blog.    VIDBLOG@GMAIL.COM

i hope to get some emails from you all to include in a future blog, showing this loser how to insult a person properly.

Please title the SUBJECT:   JOKE BLOG

i want scathing insulting and real insults.   I know you bitter queens can do better than a 14 year old toddler.

and dammit, I need material to talk about anyways... so give a guy a hand... with lubriderm :)

i'd like to contrast some 'faggy' insults with his boring straight insult and make a mockery of him.

Of course that means that i am fair game in all manners, but the most obvious being preferable....nothing too 'me' specific as the asstard wont get it then.

i am not upset at all about getting hate mail.  It was expected.   I just want to make a laughingstock out of him now and show him how to really insult people with wit and humor.

...and no, i won't be insulted by what you all say... this is a moment to email me and stereotype.. the blond hair, the nelly manner.. whatever... GIVE IT to me!!!!!

welll.. as long as you aren't especially mean.. :P

I just wanna show the straight boy how insulting is done right because he failed miserably.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 11:39:53 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 12:09:32 am »
Yeah, I agree. As hate mail goes, that was sorta lame.  You really have not had anyone from aidsmeds do the nuke assault? Wow. Well, I have certainly seen some calculated assaults on you here.  Stuff like that is way more worth your time than the, um, myspace.com - worthy email you got.

Seriously try harder to piss people off, Baiiley! I know  you got it in ya ;)
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 02:30:43 am »
AH, the obvious people and posters here are the frequent attacks of others.  I wouldn't say i've been nuked... but i've been missiled a few times.... those pansies can't nuke me if the tried...  I'm proud to be the calculated assualt person since that might delfect some of it from other people... because if the didn't pick me they'd pick somebody else.. who might not be able to handle it.

but i do have a blog to do...and i'm strapped for material since i don't go out hardly at all lately.

So I think making fun of a aidsbasher is .. well.. fun.

only somebody who truly has hiv can show em how it's done properly.   So i certainly expect ya'll to give me your hiv/aids insults/jokes/humor

**edit**

of note maybe the fact that previously i got about 1/10th of my views from this site... and for this post thus far... about half in a week.    that means to me that this site is getting much much more hits than before... i'd like to see some stats if thats acceptable to the owners.  Previously, i would have expected merely a dozen or so hits, though it's hard to know with text blogs, it became obvious when i track it with youtube logging information.

I've had over 5400 hits on my blogs there, the vast majority coming from youtube members, so i do reach a much greater audience there, even if some aren't so receptive.. but at least they watch :) and might learn something in the process even if they are idiots.

But the recent trend is 1/2 and 1/2 which i find quite surprising.

I think all the blogs are getting super hits now that poz.com is sending links in their emails to members for the aidsmeds blogs.

So you bloggers.. LISTEN UP... blog your ass out because people are listening!!!

Bailey (who needs a dose of his own advice)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 03:32:39 am by DingoBoi »

Offline scotslassie

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 06:31:17 am »
Im sorry to hear that Bailey- its sad isnt it

I am on another forum, for women about rships and stuff. Someone posted on there that I had cut myself and died  ::) I do have a history of self harming, which I had told a few people in confidence, and then it all cae out and apparently my funeral was yesterday  ::) ::)

Just shows you- there are some weirdos out there. I hope you can track this guy/gal and get them some nice spam emails  :)

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 09:31:48 am »
Hey Dingo I am not one for blogs of any nature except "healing Iraq" IGood luck with it.
Cheers
John
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 09:45:09 am by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 09:56:20 am »
That was a pretty lame comment by youtube standards, Ive seen things like "This Video made me want to gouge my eyes out'  and other clever things... Im sure that some quality flaming hate mail will eventually turn up , we are afterall judged by the greatness of our enemies...
Im not sure if it would qualify as genuine Hate Mail if you solicit it, wouldnt that just be some weird Cyber Masochism?

P.S if youre dead in two years do I get the Hat back ?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:10:49 am by Lwood »
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 10:23:46 am »
perhaps it was his first attempt at hate mailing...well done you for seeing it for what it is though.

and where does the "two years" come from...?? I just ordered a new kitchen and i'm  kind of hoping to get a little more use out of it than that!

kate

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 10:40:58 am »
Sorry Bailey... Your good looks are what he was attacking.... ;D

Offline BB

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 11:30:23 am »
Why do most young people not realize that every worthy indever begins with a first small step!

Keep working at your goals DB the hate mail will come. The ninnyhammers of the world take time to find their targets, but only after a few of their brain cells begin functioning will a worthy attack be formed. Maybe!

BB
Damn the Torpedoes! Full speed ahead! Adm. D. Farragut.

Started Atripla 8/18/06 and if I eat the right food when I take my meds, I get to go on a-trip-la.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 01:26:08 pm »
Bailey darling.
I rose to the occasion, and recorded my first video, as a witty repartee' to your call to arms.
I have given up on youtube for today, because I found myself becoming infuriated/defeated by the secrets of uploading to my place.
it would be such a shame for me to shoot my poor little computer.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 06:29:05 pm »
Dear Bailey

You must be so disappointed....I figure if you are going to get hate mail it has to be:

1...Lengthy and worthy of your time

2...The very least a good read and entertaining.

Your hate mail was neither..but give him/her time, as Kate said it was probably their first attempt at hate mail, don't be too hard on them it probably took all day to come up with that, I'm sure they will get better with time... ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 07:15:07 pm »
Bailey,

Sorry you had to receive such crapola... People can be such cowards , and quite frankly Asswipes !

Continue with the blogging. Hell, I just got my DSL connection, and can finally start viewing yours and others blogs. Which, by the way, you do a fantastic job at....

The Best----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 11:17:35 pm »
Don't let 'em get to you Bailey.....this type of wacko will always be around, sort of like the garbage.....it's nasty and it's just THERE.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 11:00:29 am »
Hi Bailey...

For several weeks now, I've been studying a great little book, "The Four Agreements". Having read this thread, I want to share something with you from it, that may help you right now:

The Second Agreement: Don't take ANYTHING personally!

"If you can make this second agreement a habit, you will find that nothing can put you back into 'hell'. There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally. You become immune to the black magicians, and no spell can affect you regardless oh how strong it may be. The whole world can gossip about you, and if you don't take it personally you are immune. Someone can intentionally send emotional poison, and if you don't take it personally, you won't 'eat' it. When you don't take the emotional poison, it becomes even worse in the sender, but not in you."

Love,

Zephyr :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.