Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:24:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 350
Total: 351

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Insurance co pay  (Read 5160 times)

Offline gorka

Insurance co pay
« on: July 16, 2017, 12:53:24 pm »
Hello forum.  I am currently in Bactigravir study and looks like the study will end within a year or so.  after the study is over I will have to start paying for my own meds.  i have insrance plan where evrything below 1500 is out of my pocket.  do u know if I would be better off actually starting triumeq or decovy and dolutegravir and apply for card rebate (not usre  what its called) from VIV and Gilead so that first 1,5K is rebated back to me?  Not sure what would be the best option financially to me. 

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: Insurance co pay
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:59:56 pm »
There may be several options available to you, which could reduce the cost of your HIV antiretroviral medication to $0 (co-pay assistance cards, when applicable).  Access this link and peruse the information within it:

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/drug-assistance-programs
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline gorka

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 02:13:17 pm »
Thanks for the link.  Looks like I would be better off financially pulling out of study even now since I have to front all the cost up to 1500 and with co payment asistance card that would help offset most of it.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 02:21:52 pm »
Do what's best for you of course, but not sure why it would be better off that you pull out of a study that provides you "free" meds now (I presume, from the context of your post).  The co-pay assistance cards and other assistance vehicles will be there for you when the trial is over.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline gorka

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 02:54:25 pm »
hi ptrk3 currently for any other issues I have to see the dr I have to pay everything out of pocket.  if I met my deductible earlier on by buying meds insurance would kick in before.  I am on the fence though since I am doing OK in the study so may stick it out till the end and to help the study. but I would be better financially if I was actually taking triumeq and getting copay assistance. 

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 02:59:13 pm »
Got it.  I understand the situation you are in.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline MitchMiller

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 06:03:36 pm »
Gorka:  Why not complete the study, then decide what's best for you.  You don't have to stay on the same medications you were on in the study.

I was in the Epzicom study (way back when) and when it ended, I discontinued Epzicom and moved to a cheaper alternative.

Offline gorka

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 08:12:55 pm »
I am thinking of doing that but bactigravir combo  does not appear to have any advantage over DTG and Descovy so I may as well switch to that now and start getting my co pay covered through meds rebate. that way I would be covered completely and now I have to pay out of pocket until 1500 and thats when insurnace kicks in. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.