Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:00:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 221
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: They put this horny IMF chief in jail.  (Read 27388 times)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
Re: They put this horny IMF chief in jail.
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2011, 12:55:00 pm »
Saying 'I have little doubt that this guy did exactly what he's been accused of doing. I hope he gets orally raped himself while in jail.' is not expressing an opinion, it is mouthing a thoroughly inhumane sentiment that is reminiscent of the lynch mob mentality. And even if the allegations are true, hoping for lynch mob mentality once in custody is so nauseating, and so animal-like as to be simply ridiculous.
That's why we have rule of law, and not 'Ann's rule of the Jungle'. It actually puts her on the same territory as queer bashers.

Let's take off our judgment booties for half a second here.  I like how you came out of your time out with guns blazing, it shows spunk.  I can respect that, but I'm gonna ask you to self analyze here for just like a half a second.  Did you seriously get warned about your behavior on these forums being downright odious and then wait an entire week to come back and "Show us" how that didn't affect you in any way?  Cause right now you're acting out kind of like a small child after being punished.  You're mad at Ann for the time out and now you're trying to pick at her for her commentary.  Point taken.  Do you get any good or positivity out of these forums whatsoever or were you just waiting to come back here to try to rain on everyone else's parade?

Offline Matt39

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2011, 12:56:39 pm »
Matt, so now you're calling me a queer basher? You're going to find yourself with another time out pretty quickly at this rate.

Hoping for illegal revenge on someone involving rape?
How can that be morally justified?
Is it any more worthy a sentiment than that used by anyone that beats up on/rapes someone?
You tell me because you said it.

Offline Matt39

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2011, 12:59:44 pm »
You're mad at Ann for the time out and now you're trying to pick at her for her commentary.  Point taken. 

Actually no.

I was challenging a point of view that someone is guilty (without a trial) and as a punishment should get raped when in jail.

If you and others find that a reasonable attitude that does not require challenging, then fine. We disagree.
Maybe that's why there are 2 million people in prison in the USA - about 5 times more per capita than the UK.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2011, 01:11:28 pm »
Actually no.

I was challenging a point of view that someone is guilty (without a trial) and as a punishment should get raped when in jail.

If you and others find that a reasonable attitude that does not require challenging, then fine. We disagree.
Maybe that's why there are 2 million people in prison in the USA - about 5 times more per capita than the UK.

Uh huh.  I hope your enjoy your lengthy stay here at our forums.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2011, 07:30:25 am »
Actually no.

oh please -- how's the weather up on that high horse of yours?

Many (most) people have opinions on high profile legal cases.  They usually state their "thought" of the guilt/innocence based on their reading of the press reports.  Most normal people realize that it is for the courts to decide (although, we all know that they can get it wrong too).

So --  take a breathe and stop acting like a toddler.  You've become predictable and tiresome.

Mike

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2011, 07:31:39 am »
hoping for lynch mob revenge once in custody is so nauseating, and so animal-like as to be simply ridiculous.
That's why we have rule of law.

An eye for an eye is deeply human nature.  Rule of Law is a higher order consideration that attempts to make liveable society out of human nature which combines the barbaric with both the highly abstract and the highly benevolent.

When people have themselves been victim of a crime, its easy to understand the "justice" of an eye for an eye.  

Let's say a hideous rampant child molester gets sent to prison.  Its all very noble to think of treatment, rehabilitation, human dignity, no death penalty, yada yada yada.  But should some violent inmate with a primitive sense of justice, or having sufferred sexual abuse or been witness to it, decide to take out the molester, then really a lot of people are just going to shrug their shoulders.  It it what it is.

You are always always the know it all, the highest road, the finest line, the absolutist, etc etc etc.

Anyway, this is just a thread discussing DSK, possible crimes, the victim, the milieux involved, etc etc.

There is no reason to get so huffy in every thread.  Can you see that?  

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2011, 08:12:53 am »
New study shows 3 out of 4 Americans make up 75% of the population!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2011, 08:35:55 am »
New study shows 3 out of 4 Americans make up 75% of the population!

Now that my friends is some deep stuff.....  lol
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Matt39

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2011, 09:04:59 am »
Many (most) people have opinions on high profile legal cases.  They usually state their "thought" of the guilt/innocence based on their reading of the press reports

Not this side of the pond.

Apart from that, at the point when Ann decided on DSK's guilt and hope that when in jail he got raped, there had been no press reports of any evidence at all.
How anyone can come to a conclusion without any evidence is a bit alien to people on this side of the atlantic..with the exception of a tiny number of people.
The single  major difference between us and animals is that we have the power of reason.
No one denies emotional, gut reactions. But, until signs of evidence appear, that is where those emotions should stay - in the gut, and not posted on a forum as if they were fair comment. Most reasonable people know and understand that and can see the difference between emotions and reason. Some clearly can't.
But then I remain convinced it is those kinds of 'gut' reactions that account for the fact that the US sticks between 5 and 10 times as many people in prison, per capita, than anywhere else in the democratic world.

LabRat

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2011, 10:32:09 am »
Some "evidence" has surfaced.

Traces of Strauss-Kahn's DNA (sperm) found on maid's clothing:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/23/dominique-strauss-kahn-dna_n_865851.html

The defense maintains that the encounter was consensual.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:34:39 am by LabRat »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2011, 10:47:01 am »

Really, you're serious? The British tabloids try people in the press all the time without the benefit of innocent before guilty.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2011, 12:23:12 pm »
Must you derail this innocent until proven guilty thread?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2011, 12:27:51 pm »
... what's a little trolling between friends ::)
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Matt39

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2011, 01:03:50 pm »
Some "evidence" has surfaced.

Traces of Strauss-Kahn's DNA (sperm) found on maid's clothing:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/23/dominique-strauss-kahn-dna_n_865851.html

The defense maintains that the encounter was consensual.

As you well know - and any CSI will tell you - that proves absolutely nothing.
When we inhabit a space we leave traces of our DNA everywhere - on bed clothes, on carpet, furniture, in the bathroom.
A hotel cleaner will, inevitably, end up with traces of our DNA on their clothes quite innocently.

Let's just wait and see whether this illegally leaked investigation data leads to something more concrete.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2011, 02:19:33 pm »

I confess, I never thought OJ killed Nicole and never cared if he killed Ronald.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2011, 02:21:38 pm »
When we inhabit a space we leave traces of our DNA everywhere - on bed clothes, on carpet, furniture, in the bathroom.
A hotel cleaner will, inevitably, end up with traces of our DNA on their clothes quite innocently.

So I'm guessing that this housekeeper allegedly rolled around in DSK's bed after she assumed he'd whacked off?

Too bad the majority of your DNA didn't get left behind at the abortionist.
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline bocker3

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2011, 03:32:47 pm »

Apart from that, at the point when Ann decided on DSK's guilt and hope that when in jail he got raped, there had been no press reports of any evidence at all.
How anyone can come to a conclusion without any evidence is a bit alien to people on this side of the atlantic..with the exception of a tiny number of people.
The single  major difference between us and animals is that we have the power of reason.
No one denies emotional, gut reactions. But, until signs of evidence appear, that is where those emotions should stay - in the gut, and not posted on a forum as if they were fair comment. Most reasonable people know and understand that and can see the difference between emotions and reason. Some clearly can't.
But then I remain convinced it is those kinds of 'gut' reactions that account for the fact that the US sticks between 5 and 10 times as many people in prison, per capita, than anywhere else in the democratic world.

Really -- I can not see why you are so worked up over this -- except that you are worked up over something in EVERY FUCKIN' THREAD you respond in.
If you are pissed at Ann for giving you a TO, then you really are acting like a toddler.

This forum is a place for people to discuss OFF TOPIC things -- it has requirement no for "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" or even a "preponderence of the evidence" -- it is DISCUSSION.  Stop being so bitchy over nothing.  Either join the community or find another.  You can disagree, you can even argue, but you take everything so damned personally (when you aren't name dropping to try and prop up your argument).  I mean we all have moments like that -- but you have yet to NOT have a moment like that.

So -- grow up or move on.  

M

Offline Cliff

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2011, 03:38:20 pm »
He's doing it for shits and giggles. 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2011, 04:00:34 pm »

Let's just wait and see whether this illegally leaked investigation data leads to something more concrete.

You're a bit of a Lady's Area, aren't you? :)

MtD

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2011, 04:07:41 pm »
You're a bit of a Lady's Area, aren't you? :)

MtD

;D
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2011, 08:22:38 pm »

Offline Matt39

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2011, 12:17:25 am »
I find it bemusing, to say the least, that so many of you get your knickers in an almighty uproar simply because a rare and occasional opposite point of view rears its head.

What does that say about you? 'Defensiveness' would be something of an understatement.

Prejudging a case, and worse, wishing criminally violent retribution on someone (to be carried out by assorted murderers, rapists etc) while in prison is repulsive to any reasonable person. So it is entirely reasonable for it to be challenged.

For most of the last century a very high proportion of people on this forum (including some of the loudest defending retribution in this thread) were at risk of prison, violent assault and rape simply for being GAY, and classed as suffering from a MENTAL DISEASE by every single 'reputable' Psychiatric Institution in the USA and most of the rest of the world.
For anyone aware of that, let alone who lived during that time, to even consider it reasonable to speak in terms of such retribution, before a jury has even been sworn in, sounds very sad to me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:19:20 am by Matt39 »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2011, 12:22:06 am »
I find it bemusing, to say the least, that so many of you get your knickers in an almighty uproar simply because a rare and occasional opposite point of view rears its head.

What does that say about you? 'Defensiveness' would be something of an understatement.

Prejudging a case, and worse, wishing criminally violent retribution on someone (to be carried out by assorted murderers, rapists etc) while in prison is repulsive to any reasonable person. So it is entirely reasonable for it to be challenged.

For most of the last century a very high proportion of people on this forum (including some of the loudest defending retribution in this thread) were at risk of prison, violent assault and rape simply for being GAY, and classed as suffering from a MENTAL DISEASE by every single 'reputable' Psychiatric Institution in the USA and most of the rest of the world.
For anyone aware of that, let alone who lived during that time, to even consider it reasonable to speak in terms of such retribution, before a jury has even been sworn in, sounds very sad to me.

Yawn
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Matt39

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2011, 12:34:12 am »
Thanks - it looks great in contrasting colours and will be read by even more visitors.
I appreciate that jg1901

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2011, 12:36:32 am »

So are you a shrill, preachy bore in real life or is it something you only do on the internet?

MtD

Offline Matt39

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2011, 12:38:14 am »
So are you a shrill, preachy bore in real life or is it something you only do on the internet?

MtD

Matty - I just love it when a pot calls a kettle black!

And thanks for highlighting words of sense once again.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2011, 12:40:04 am »
Here is what Ben Stein had to say.  Everyone has the right to their opinions, but he should probably just stick to games shows and Visine commercials.  He says DSK is short, old, and fat and finds it hard to believe he could rape someone.  Plus, "How many economists commit rape?"  He worked for Nixon, right?

http://spectator.org/archives/2011/05/17/presumed-innocent-anyone#

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2011, 12:41:57 am »
Here is what Ben Stein had to say.  Everyone has the right to their opinions, but he should probably just stick to games shows and Visine commercials.  He says DSK is short, old, and fat and finds it hard to believe he could rape someone.  Plus, "How many economists commit rape?"  He worked for Nixon, right?

http://spectator.org/archives/2011/05/17/presumed-innocent-anyone#

sounds like Ben Stein is projecting  ;)
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Matt39

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2011, 12:54:05 am »
Read the whole article  - including the bit at the beginning when he says:
it's possible indeed, maybe even likely, that he is guilty as the prosecutors charge
and you'll find, with a remotely open mind, that he talks a lot of sense.
Ooops! Sorry, I momentarily forgot that doesn't hold much value to some (most?) here!  ::)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:55:36 am by Matt39 »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2011, 01:39:17 am »
Matty - I just love it when a pot calls a kettle black!

I'm stuck in an infectious diseases ward and I'm bored out of my fucking gourd. Trolling your pommy arse is pretty much the highpoint of my day.

And thanks for highlighting words of sense once again.

You're more than welcome, Camilla. :)

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2011, 02:04:57 am »

Believe what ever you like  but I'm guessing the traces of the ex-IMF chief's sperm that were found on the maid's dress got here when he had her pinned to the frigging bed...the man is a pervert.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Matt39

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2011, 03:51:36 am »
Believe what ever you like  but I'm guessing the traces of the ex-IMF chief's sperm that were found on the maid's dress got here when he had her pinned to the frigging bed...the man is a pervert.

OK anniebc - why not email your member of Congress and the Senate and say 'Hey, at a time of a recession and massive federal and state debts I would like to help my country out. For a small financial consideration, I will act as judge and jury in as many cases as you wish, and save a bunch of tax dollars! What do you think? After all, I clearly know the truth without even seeing the evidence, all I need to do is read a few papers on the net!'.

Yeah, good idea anniebc - why didn't we all think of that in the first place?

Geezus, I hope neither you nor anyone you know ever get accused of anything.

Now, transporting ourselves back from the 17th century.
Anymore smart ideas?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2011, 04:02:10 am »
OK anniebc - why not email your member of Congress and the Senate and say 'Hey, at a time of a recession and massive federal and state debts I would like to help my country out. For a small financial consideration, I will act as judge and jury in as many cases as you wish, and save a bunch of tax dollars! What do you think? After all, I clearly know the truth without even seeing the evidence, all I need to do is read a few papers on the net!'.

Yeah, good idea anniebc - why didn't we all think of that in the first place?

Geezus, I hope neither you nor anyone you know ever get accused of anything.

She's a Scottish born Australian who lives in New Zealand, oh great knower of things.

So perhaps you should go and lick the pavement?

MtD

Offline Matt39

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2011, 04:05:00 am »
She's a Scottish born Australian who lives in New Zealand, oh great knower of things.

So perhaps you should go and lick the pavement?

MtD

And for an australian you are equally 'conservative' to put it mildly however much you like to cultivate a left-wing atheist reputation. If you're 'left-wing' or 'liberal' then we really are in trouble Mr Pot Calling Kettles Black. Go play with your Linux like a good boy.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2011, 04:11:11 am »
And for an australian you are equally 'conservative' to put it mildly however much you like to cultivate a left-wing atheist reputation. If you're 'left-wing' or 'liberal' then we really are in trouble Mr Pot Calling Kettles Black. Go play with your Linux like a good boy.

I hope you're enjoying being arse raped by the Con-Dem coalition government which now rules over Blighty. :)

Cleggers is such a disappointment, don't ya think?

MtD

Offline Matt39

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2011, 04:19:21 am »
I hope you're enjoying being arse raped by the Con-Dem coalition government which now rules over Blighty. :)

Cleggers is such a disappointment, don't ya think?

MtD

They haven't got away with that much yet and the last time I looked I don't think any of us have a 4 hour return journey to a hospital.
I wish you well with all those tests. Chin up!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2011, 05:22:56 am »
They haven't got away with that much yet and the last time I looked I don't think any of us have a 4 hour return journey to a hospital.
I wish you well with all those tests. Chin up!

Everything is at least a 4 hour return trip down here, pet. Some folks have to pack a cut lunch and a bottle of water just to check their mail boxes.

Unlike you sissified cunts in the Old Dart, we can hack it. ;)

MtD

Offline bocker3

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2011, 07:45:13 am »

You really are a two channel transmitter aren't you.

Channel 1 -- NO, NO, you don't need to take HAART, you'll be fine Study XXXXX proves it  (just don't take mine away from me)

Channel 2 -- Whatever others say --- the opposite is true.

Me thinks you are simply a sad, lonely man who is seeking attention in the only way possible.  Yeah, yeah, we have heard that you know everyone from who has ever done a study on the HIV virus all the way to the Duchess of Cambridge's randy brother -- but clearly they don't want to take up any of their time spending it with you as you have too much time to sit here and tell us that the sky is really a dark shade of amber.

M

Offline Matt39

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2011, 09:38:30 am »
Everything is at least a 4 hour return trip down here, pet. Some folks have to pack a cut lunch and a bottle of water just to check their mail boxes.

Unlike you sissified cunts in the Old Dart, we can hack it. ;)

MtD

I salute you! But that's what comes from making a knowledge and fact free comment about UK politics - it's all a bit different out there, I mean you only had a George W Bush-loving toady as a Prime Minister for...how many years exactly was it? lol

Offline Matt39

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2011, 09:39:21 am »
You really are a two channel transmitter aren't you.

Channel 1 -- NO, NO, you don't need to take HAART, you'll be fine Study XXXXX proves it  (just don't take mine away from me)

Channel 2 -- Whatever others say --- the opposite is true.

Me thinks you are simply a sad, lonely man who is seeking attention in the only way possible.  Yeah, yeah, we have heard that you know everyone from who has ever done a study on the HIV virus all the way to the Duchess of Cambridge's randy brother -- but clearly they don't want to take up any of their time spending it with you as you have too much time to sit here and tell us that the sky is really a dark shade of amber.

M

Think what you like and spew the venom. It's amusing. ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2011, 09:50:06 am »
:: sprinkles Klonopin in thread ::

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2011, 10:09:32 am »
Locked down. This has been going nowhere for some time now.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.