Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:37:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 223
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Good article on long-term survivors in San Francisco Chronicle  (Read 6489 times)

Offline allanq

Here is a very moving article from the San Francisco Chronicle on the challenges faced by long-term survivors:

projects.sfchronicle.com/2016/living-with-aids

Would it be O.K. to cross-post this link in the Living With HIV forum? I think those of us who were infected more recently would also find this article interesting.

Allan

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Good article on long-term survivors in San Francisco Chronicle
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 12:23:48 pm »
Thanks for sharing … All members can read the LTS forum so the article will be seen by all.
Its OK to cross post if you want but there is really no need. You can also post things about LTS in living with HIV so that all people can reply but we do try not to duplicate threads.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline allanq

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 01:59:58 pm »
Jeff,

I know that my original post can be read by everyone on the forums. However, only long-term survivors are permitted to respond to posts in the LTS forum. Therefore, I decided to cross-post it in the "Living With HIV" forum.

Allan

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 02:44:43 pm »
Jeff,

I know that my original post can be read by everyone on the forums. However, only long-term survivors are permitted to respond to posts in the LTS forum. Therefore, I decided to cross-post it in the "Living With HIV" forum.

Allan

An its OK … just was wondering why if you wanted feedback from everyone why not just post in living with … no big deal .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 05:32:45 pm »
I saw this article several days ago and posted it privately on FB to both of my sisters and both of my adult nieces.

As much as they try to understand what it can be like being a LTS this woke them up to the realities that many of us face.

I found it to be well written and was impressed that all four of them took the time to read it. It's a long read but well worth sharing. Maybe even better to share with those who are not HIV+?
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline SRBrad

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 05:47:32 pm »
Hello All;
I'm new to the POZ forums and wanted to make mention that I don't know proper forum etiquette. Please feel free to critique or offer suggestions if in any way my post falls short of expectation.

I'm a LTS and San Francisco Bay Area resident, and I had the opportunity to read a digital post of the SF Chronicle article by Erin Allday, "The aging survivors left behind by AIDS" right before it hit the presses in March. I urge everyone affected by HIV to track down a copy, in print or online, and take the time to read this powerful piece.
Also,
The SF Chronicle made a first-ever documentary, "The Last Men Standing", that follows the lives of eight LTS. The documentary recently premiered in San Francisco to a flush of fanfare and interest. The film will be part of Frameline's 40th Anniversary San Francisco International LGBTQ Film Festival coming up in June 2016, as well as being screened for other film festivals this year. Watch for it in your local area.

Offline harleymc

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 05:47:34 am »
G'day Brad. welcome

Offline floridartist

• Time stands still, Tomorrow is already here & gone
    • Oil paintings of Florida
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 06:24:31 pm »
This morning I read the article and the story's about the long term survivors, it was very good, it reminded me of my story, I guess I'm a bit isolated, I don't feel as much left behind after reading the article, I'm not alone after all,  we all have our story's, thanks for posting the article, and good health to you all as we continue to live our story of life.
John 
I don't know what to paint  🎨

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.