Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:29:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 729
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 697
Total: 699

Author Topic: HIV risk from Nasal drops?  (Read 6499 times)

Offline idontknow69

• Standard
HIV risk from Nasal drops?
« on: October 10, 2022, 09:19:15 am »
Hallo,
I'm probably freaking out for nothing, it's probably a stupid question and I apologize in advance if that’s the case but I would just ask to be sure.
Yesterday I had a stuffy nose and I found in the closet a bottle of nasal drops with a pipette to take the liquid.
I remember that there was little liquid left in this bottle and I almost filled it with water.
I also remember that I shared these drops with two friends a few months ago and I remember they put the pipette in their nose to get the liquid.
They used it to free their nose from cocaine use all night, so maybe there was a good chance there was blood.
Last night I used these drops then I thought about everything and I got anxious.
Could it be that if for example one of my friends is HIV positive with maybe a little blood in the nose the virus has reached the pipette  and remained alive there or in the bottle?
I know that the virus outside the human body is very fragile especially on surfaces but I don't know if it can survive in a liquid.If for example there is any blood left in the bottle or pipette, could the virus live like that and and remain infectious in this closed small bottle?
On top of it,I have been taking daily PrEP since 18 days, I know it is very effective for sex, but in this case if I took a risk it protects me?Meaning a potential infected liquid came into contact with my nasal mucous membranes?I took by any chance a risk?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: HIV risk from Nasal drops?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 11:12:54 am »
Hiya,

It's not an HIV concern regadless of whether you are taking PrEP or not.

However, this isn't a question you should be posting here, it's a subject for the "Do I have HIV" section.

Please don't post these types of questions or topics outside your thread that can be found here: https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=76455.msg

If you post these types of questions outside of your original "Do I have HIV" thread again, the post will be removed and a ban issued.

Jim.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.