Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:10:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 312
Total: 312

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Well Fuck!  (Read 7806 times)

Offline Basquo

Well Fuck!
« on: November 03, 2007, 04:51:11 pm »
My boyfriend just came over unexpectedly and broke up with me.  I guess I should say ex-boyfriend. Feeling numb at the moment. Didn't see that one coming.

Offline bear60

Re: Well Fuck!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 05:01:29 pm »
Ah ...what an asshole. How are you feeling?
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 05:02:10 pm »
Creighton..I'm so sorry, he obviously doesn't know what he is missing out on..good looks a great sense of humor, hell if I was in his shoes I would have you in a vice, guys like you are hard to come by..the man is an idiot.

((((hugs)))
Jan :(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 05:13:55 pm »
Hi Creighton~

I know how you're feeling.  Just when you think everything is pretty good, the rug gets pulled out from under you, and you're left alone, trying to regain your balance.

When I got over the initial shock of being dumped (we had been together 2-1/2 yrs), I actually got excited about the changes that were awaiting me.  Sure, I was bummed at the loss of my ex, but soon started looking forward to what was ahead on my path for me.  You never know what's around the corner, and sometimes there are actually good things, better things, in store for you.

Hang in there, tomorrow will be better than today.   :-*

Hugs to you,

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 05:31:43 pm »
Creighton...what a shitty thing to happen on a beautiful fall day....or any day for that matter....I agree with Cindy...there are better things ahead so take a shower put on your best party stuff and go tonight and have a good time...

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 05:37:07 pm »
Creighton...oh babe, I am sorry for that!

I have a ball gown you can borrow if you like...oh wait, that certainly won't get you the types of guys you are into probably...

All joking aside, what an ass...I am sorry it happened to you, wish I could give you a hug right now!

Wishing you nothing but love and luck baby!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 05:49:29 pm »
I concur with Cindy. Been there and it sucks.
Sucks so bad it blows.

There are more fish in the sea. Hope the next one is a better one for you.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 05:58:08 pm »
I hope you are already finding a way to bounce back....since this caught you off guard.
I will not call this guy an asshole due to the fact that he came over and faced you went he broke the news
and he just broke off a relationship with guy rich in pizazz! Oh man, if I was single and younger I'd be on the next plane to comfort your ass. Yes, indeed.
(pizazz n \pə-ˈzaz\ : the quality of being exciting or attractive; as a) glamour b) vitality)
 :-*
Mike

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 06:27:57 pm »
Hey Creighton,

Bad news that. Being dumped is the pits.

Fondly,

MtD

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 06:38:14 pm »
Yikes!

Sorry to hear! 

:(

Offline Basquo

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 06:42:21 pm »
Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. It's kind of a weird situation, being that he says it's not me, it's him...but I believe him.  He has issues.  He's never had a longterm relationship before and I think the longer it was going on the more nervous it was making him. Add to that his 87-year-old father moved in with him last year and you've got one nervous guy trying to deal with a very elderly parent, a very horny boyfriend, diabetes, and AIDS. At least it happened 8 months into the relationship and not 8 years into it.

I'm comforting/medicating myself with a sixpack now...and if any of you say the word "crutch" I swear to God I will TAZE you through the Internet!  My sister is a webmistress so I know it can be done!

As always, I love you all very much.

Creighton

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 06:50:55 pm »
I'm comforting/medicating myself with a sixpack now..

If a mere sixpack can comfort you darling, then you can't be that upset. ;) Matty the Damned prescribes a whole bottle of Jose Cuervo tequila in a case like this. The good stuff too.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 06:54:40 pm »
Sorry to hear of your dreadful day.  At least it's clear that you didn't fuck the situation up... I know, only slight consolation at the moment but once the booze kicks in you'll see what I mean.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Cliff

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 07:00:05 pm »
I'm with Matty.  You deserve more than a 6 pack.  Head down to sixth street and listen to some country music while taking some tequila shots.

This too shall pass.

Cliff

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 07:02:25 pm »
Wow, very sorry to hear things didn't work out. In your situation I find making a CD of alternating angry and sad songs makes me feel better. With your charisma and amazing pizza skills I'm sure you will only be single for as long as you want to be.

Offline Jody

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 07:06:50 pm »
Sorry to hear about your break-up Creighton...As the man said it was his issues that were overwhelming him, so be it.

Good fortunes ahead my friend.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Basquo

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 07:31:54 pm »
Wow, very sorry to hear things didn't work out. In your situation I find making a CD of alternating angry and sad songs makes me feel better. With your charisma and amazing pizza skills I'm sure you will only be single for as long as you want to be.

Ford you are a mind-reader! I'm in pizza-mode as I type; can't go to the store after a few beers but it will still have marinated artichoke hearts, pepperoni, sliced tomato and who knows, since it's just for me I may throw some octopus on there just for spite.  As for the CD, I've thought about that.  I made one when I left my last live-in love and I think I should listen to it right now.

Matty and Cliff, I KNOW I deserve more than beer but that was the first thing that came to mind, and it's too late to go to a liquor store now, plus they're closed on Sundays.  One thing he's cast aside is a lifelong supply of Ativan, which means more for me.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 07:48:59 pm »
Creighton Honey,

Go out and buy yourself a new frock... I for one, have always been able to spot the newly single because they look sharper than everyone else.  Maybe a little something in a highball glass with a paper umbrella?  I get myself through these moments by remembering...
MEN ARE LIKE STREETCARS, IF YOU MISS ONE ,ANOTHER COMES ALONG IN 20 MINUTES ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Have the best day
Michael
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 07:53:53 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 08:08:15 pm »
Creighton, I am so sorry this happened to you.  I wish I was there, I would eat pizza with you and give you a big, old, sloppy {{{{{ HUG }}}}}}}

His loss, babe.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2007, 08:43:05 pm »
Damn B, sorry to hear about the break up. His loss but at least he was man enough to admit it was his fault. I'm with Matty on the tequila but a 6 pack is a start. I would never call it a crutch but nothing wrong with having a kickstand... :D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 10:54:18 pm »
Sweet Creighton,

Was this man blind?  You win, he has lost!  Now your poppies that we were given mean even more to us.

You will find a line of men to replace him.  Just pick the very best best one.

You are so lovable and that's why we love you so much, R&T

Offline Nadine

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 04:28:02 am »
Aww Creighton...I'm so sorry to hear this...his loss, definitely!

(((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))

:-* :-* :-*

Offline lucas clay

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 07:12:02 am »
Sorry bro.
I'm sending you a big hug also.
Now listen to uncle Lucas, forget the six pack and go harvest the honeys. like i told you to do before

Uncle Lucas

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2007, 07:32:40 am »
Creighton, lift your head up, you won't have a bit of trouble finding Mr. Right, you're a great guy. It's his loss not yours. "Put that smile back on your face."

Rodney

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2007, 08:02:33 am »
Oh crap... scary how these things just happen from nowhere.

He is missing out though, that much I can tell even from faraway and thru this fuzzy medium.

Take good care,

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 09:18:43 am »
Uggh, luv stinks! j/k ... I'm sure you guys will figure out the best path from this point, e.g. stay in touch(?)

No worries. Remember that you're the bomb  ;D {Giant hug!}

Offline Iggy

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 09:40:40 am »

I'm sorry to hear of this and can appreciate how much you must feel blind sided about the whole thing.  The fact that this seems to come out of nowhere vs. wanting to talk about him feeling there are problems makes me think that you haven't been treated fairly. 

Offline Basquo

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 12:03:41 am »
It’s been a week now.  A hard week.  Tuesday was the worst day.

Not only were my allergies killing me, making me late getting to work, but this girl in the office decided it was time to start wearing a certain perfume again. I think it’s Perry Ellis 1 or something like that. I’m sure it smells delightful to the normal person, but it smells like harsh soap to me; it makes my eyes sting and I can taste it in the back of my throat.

Then this other coworker decided to be catty with me, and ultimately (and very unprofessionally) I said “Fuck it,” and walked away.  I got called on the carpet for it the next day by my boss (even though I immediately apologized and was assured “It’s okay I know you’re having a hard time.”  Back-stabber!)

Then Bryon’s post about Taylor reminding me of the anniversary of losing Cora…let’s just say Tuesday was REALLY BAD!

So I’ve been trying to curl up in a corner and lick my wounds, and trying to quit smoking…which means quitting drinking, too…I’m getting a little more successful everyday.  The cigarettes taste horrible, and my inner Spaniard is demanding less wine. Not that he’s been getting much lately…which leads me back to the breakup’s aftermath.

Basically, I got my heart broken.  The same heart that I’ve been boasting about for a dozen years, that I’ve so much scar tissue built up around it that something like this is nothing. I was wrong, very wrong. I had plans, I had dreams.  I was going to buy a condo in his part of town, then after a few years, when his father passed away, he would ask me to move in with him and his dog, then I would rent out the condo, and with the extra money we would take two vacations a year…I had all that romantic shit lined up and I had it snapped in front of my face like a soft breadstick—not exactly a snap, more of a tugging, then a tearing, then a separation.

I’m better now.  I was better as of yesterday.  Abbey talked to me Thursday, when I would only answer her questions with a word or two, and then yesterday, when I opened back up.  I even talked to my mother for 10 minutes today.  Curtis has been calling me or stopping by my office everyday to check on me, bless his heart, and we went on a walk around Lady Bird Lake today (4+ miles.) I cooked lunch for Abbey after that.  Then I went to do some shopping, and came back to find a message from the ex on my machine. He was just checking on me, ho-hum, hey-hey, BFF, of course I’m still invited to come over for Thanksgiving…what the fuck.  I told him everything was okay and of course we could be friends when he was breaking up with me…but that was the best I could come up with as I slowly went numb.

Now I don’t know whether I should call him back or not.  It’d be great if we could be friends, but I think I need a little time before I try to talk to him, explain exactly how much I’m hurting.

In addition to that, my carpal tunnel syndrome is really acting up—a consequence of being suddenly single.

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 04:48:34 am »
Oh Creighton,
    I wish I could drive up to Austin and hug you.  Unfortunately, I'm not off until Thursday.  I'm sorry things are shitty right now. You are in my thoughts every day.  Don't call him, call me.  Don't have thanksgiving with him. Come with us.  We'd love to have you over and just play games and do the family thing with the park people that don't have family in town.  Drop in.
     Trust. You are a wonderful guy, and every day, I wish we could be more than just friends.  Don't b too upset about this whole a-hole situation.  You are an amazing guy and one day you'll make somebody so happy.  And it'll be someone wonderful who actually deserves you.
-D
Boys are Stupid

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 04:56:32 pm »
Well, Creighton, about the calling him back thing.  It might be good to give yourself a little bit of time to get used to being without him in the form of a coupleship.  I'm glad you're feeling a bit better emotionally.  I know, even though our hearts might have some tough scar tissue built up, it doesn't mean they're totally obselete from being broken.  Here's a big {{{HUG!}}}
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline northernguy

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 01:15:02 pm »
Sorry to hear about this.  A good lookin' fella like you won't be single for long.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline Nadine

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 06:55:35 am »
Don't have thanksgiving with him. Come with us.  We'd love to have you over and just play games and do the family thing with the park people that don't have family in town.  Drop in.

Sounds like an excellent idea to me!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 07:54:26 am »
Creighton, give yourself as much time as you need to get over this and to get on with whatever is coming next.

Some of the qualities that make you such a great guy, like your big heart, are also what make getting through this breakup tough. Those qualities are to be cherished and respected and they are as you can tell by the responses here. 

As for "we can still have Thanksgiving together" and all that jazz, I would say he should get stuffed with his turkey. Give yourself as much time as you need before if and when getting into the "can't we be friends" scenario is my opinion.

Take things slow and easy, buddy. You'll heal from this and good things are on the way. But it sure does hurt in the meantime.

Hugs,
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 07:56:42 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.