Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:11:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 222
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: You know you're old when....  (Read 13548 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
You know you're old when....
« on: September 24, 2011, 08:14:17 am »
You have a conversation with a (seemingly?) bright college student who cheerfully sees no difference between 1990's, 1950's and 1890's.  Cause it was all so long ago!

This one hands in an essay about sci fi movies.  It start's, "In the 1990's cinema was in it's infancy but growing fast..."  So I say, are you sure it's the 1990's?  How old is cinema? He thinks a few seconds and says, or yeah it must be more like the the 1950's, right?  So I say, Cinema is over a hundred years old.  He says, really, wow. I say yeah, you have seen Charlie Chaplin films, right, how old do you think they are? (I figure everyone around the world knows Charlie Chaplin he hes very big in this part of Switzerland since he lived here.)

And he says "Of course, they must be from was the 1950s."  Then he thinks for a minute and I guess figures out the 1950s are still not a hundred years ago, so offers, "Wait, so color must be from the 1950's, right?" And I say color was around in the 30's even, and charlie chaplin movies were silent and in black and white.  When do you think they are from?  And he says, "Well I guess it was all so long ago I can't imagine it" and cheerfully crosses out the 1990's in his sentence and writes 1950's.

I love those bits on Jay Leno when he interviews people on the street. He catches out old people of course but the young ones who cheerfully know nothing are amazing.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:49:22 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: You know you're old when....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 09:04:41 am »
I hope you gave that kid a big fat FAIL on his essay. Doesn't he know how to research what he's writing about? Or was it an "in class" essay where he had to solely depend on what he already had in his head?
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 09:46:09 am »
That's hilarious but I don't think the example of this one kid could be indicative of his whole generation (at least I hope not!).

Sometimes I try to put some perspective, as in: I was born in the 60s so to a person born in the 80's, they are as removed from the 60s as I am (was?) from the 40s (in terms of culture etc). I admit I got my first glimpse into what life in the 1950s must have been like from Happy Days, the sitcom. Although my knowledge of the time has certainly grown since then.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:48:11 am by Inchlingblue »

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 10:33:27 am »
Are you teaching those with learning difficulties or are they just rich. hope to God you FAIL  them outright. Even if the student had no idea re film he also showed no research ability.Meech I hope you earn a great deal.

You know your old when stupid lazy 17 year olds make you really angry.

t
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 10:38:26 am »
I agree with Ann. How did he even get into college without being able to do an online search? BTW, I know a 12 year old who can give you a complete timeline of World War II, and will at any given opportunity.

Offline Since2005

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 11:50:59 am »
1990 is actually 20 years ago!!! so, someone who his in his early twenties,  its a looonoooooong time back!!

Offline mecch

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 12:42:46 pm »
I hope you gave that kid a big fat FAIL on his essay. Doesn't he know how to research what he's writing about? Or was it an "in class" essay where he had to solely depend on what he already had in his head?

Hehe. yes Ann, and other, it was in-class and one of the first classes and his English is pretty good. I don't think he's dumb at all, I think he just one of these young people that anything that happened before he was born is all "ancient history".

I always thought we would get to a generation that would see those old roman gladiator movies and think, well, it was shot in Roman Times!  
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:51:02 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 12:46:13 pm »
I agree with Ann. How did he even get into college without being able to do an online search? BTW, I know a 12 year old who can give you a complete timeline of World War II, and will at any given opportunity.

I think there are some young people who are very clever and know a lot about the past, but obviously there are a lot who don't.

I didn't post to say he was dumb, but more how old I must be, and Im not 50 yet!  Sometimes I think back to being college age which was the 1980s and it might as well have been the 1880's or Weimar Berlin, it seems so long ago.  ::)

Offline mecch

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 12:47:30 pm »
Share a funny moment when you realised how old you are...

Offline Cliff

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 12:59:37 pm »
I can't blame the kiddies for not knowing the real age of cinema when they keep remaking movies.  Planet of the apes (60s) nope Mark Wahlburg was in the original.  Dick Tracey pre- WWII, nah Madge did the original.  War of the Worlds-Tom Cruise's.  Star Wars- released in the 90's with cool/modern special effects and that couldn't have existed in the 70s (they didn't).  Godzilla - that man married to that sex and city chick did it. 

Frankenstein, Superman, Batman, Time Machine (whatever happend to Samantha Fox anyway).  In class essay, hmmm def forgiveable...

Offline mecch

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 01:21:24 pm »
Yeah, Cliff, kind of my reaction.

Id just be curious to hear if anyone else has little moments when they realise they are old.

Sometimes I get this on the bus (but not the train, weirdly).  If I get on a bus in the morning rush hour, it happens that I might look around and wonder where everyone is going off to but occasionally I will play a game, "Am i the oldest person on this bus?" and ek god, sometimes it seems i am!

In my 20's in New York I would make up observation games to pass the time on the subway. I had "look at everyone's fingernails and guess what their faces look like."  And the simpler, "look at everyones lips" or "shoes" or every "business person's briefcase" cause back then everyone carried an attaché. Which I guess seems weird to a young person today, as weird as when my dad would say when he was a kid all men wore hats.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 02:05:51 pm »

I felt old when I learned WillyWump was a grandfather.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 03:17:19 pm »

I realised I am old when this 16 yeard old guy told me he can't imagine life without the internet and mobile phones.
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 04:18:42 pm »
I realised I was old when I was a bartender and carded an off-duty cop. ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Since2005

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 05:29:16 pm »
I hardly ever feel old! I have to speak the truth. I am in my mid thirties now and I look like in my mid twenties. I am not kidding it happens 100/100 times. Sounds like I am being shallow and hiding my age but I am not. I look pretty young for my age .10 years hello!!.. I always go and play this age guessing game at the fair when they have to guess the age for someone and I always win. Though, I figured its their business is to have others participate in the game to average out and eventually make money since the cost is not much. Anyways, I do have a scary theory on my relatively young looking age. One of these days I will wake up and I would feel and look like 10 years older than what I really am since I do believe in another theory which is Newton's second law ‘To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction’. somehow I am gonna get that back!

So, Hmm, I, however, felt old once as this college kid (after he failed to guess my age) told me why I still watch MTV’s ‘real world’ and wear A&F at my age. For a second, I did think yes I am getting old! Then I felt ‘Nah.. Age is just a number’! In my head, I know, pretty soon, in a few years, I ,may be, am getting really old for these stupid MTV stuff anyways :'( and that's okay there is always time and space for everything.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 05:54:01 pm by Since2005 »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 05:34:01 pm »
I realised I was getting old when my happy hour was a nap... ;)

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 06:19:44 pm »
I knew I was getting old when my 5 year old niece asked me if working out at the gym was making me fat ... ouch ! .

Age is just a number and I need bifocals to read it .  
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:23:46 pm by jg1962 »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 07:25:50 pm »
I  felt old  when a 6 yr old  showed me  how  to check the  weather on her IPOD

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 07:40:39 pm »

Age is just a number and I need bifocals to read it .  

Your right of course age is just a number..but you know how much we hate numbers here... ;)

I left my favourite number behind 42 years ago...you do the maths... ;D

Aroha

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 08:00:59 pm »
Age is an algorithm with variables, constants, and a few square roots here and there.  My AARP card should be here next week. 

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 08:33:03 pm »
Each time my daughter has a child -- #5 comes in late Nov / early Dec.  I'll feel older then too!!  Of course, spending time with them does it too -- it's energizing while there and then I get back to the hotel and realized that they completely wiped me out.

Mike

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 09:02:07 pm »
You know you're old when you move into doorways and put your glasses on to read text messages on your mobile phone.

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 09:45:59 pm »
Age is an algorithm with variables, constants, and a few square roots here and there.  My AARP card should be here next week. 

Put it down, you've had too much...lol ;D
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 09:47:46 pm »
When your 7 year old nephew refers to your vinyl LP's as big CD's.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 09:56:00 pm »
When one of the students at the college I work at says "Are you a teacher here?"  And I say, "No, why?  Do I look like a teacher?" and he responds "Well, yeah, you look old."   If I was his teacher, he would've failed right there - no matter what class he took.   ;D
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Basquo

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 12:23:19 am »
I'm not sure if this made me feel old or young...I found super-cheap theatrical contact lenses in the city today, and since my niece loves mine I called her to see if she wanted some for an early Christmas present. We settled on "Twilight Volturi Red"...it made me realize that she is already a teenager, but at the same time we are into the same things...so Thursday I will be a vinyl record speed in age (45) but that night I am going to see a band from my teens (Blondie.)

I'm so confused!!

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 03:15:59 am »
Here in India, one refers to any person who is roughly your parent's age, irrespective of how old you are, as 'uncle' (for a man) or 'aunty' (for a woman). It is considered disrespectful and little odd to address such a person by first name or even by last name (unless it is in an official/formal setting or in your workplace). A young person (under 30) addressing someone over 70-75 by either first or even last name would be considered very rude and inappropriate.  

So when little kids started calling me 'uncle' it really made me realise: 'I'm now old enough to be a Dad'.  ;D

Interestingly, The terms 'uncle' and 'aunt' are never used for your real uncle and aunts, since practically all Indian languages have specific names that reveal the exact relation you have with them. So mother's brother, father's brother, father's sister and so on and so forth- all have unique names. I think it is the same in China.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:05:07 am by spacebarsux »
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline edfu

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 04:57:22 am »
Anyways, I do have a scary theory on my relatively young looking age. One of these days I will wake up and I would feel and look like 10 years older than what I really am since I do believe in another theory which is Newton's second law ‘To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction’. somehow I am gonna get that back!

How true, how true.  When I was 30, I looked 20, and when I was 40, I looked 30.  Now that I'm 69, I've fulfilled a prophecy made by my best friend (R.I.P.) 30 years ago, who told me that one day I would wake up and 30 years would be left on the pillowcase! 

I particularly know I'm old when my age is used as an argument against me in a debate--particularly on the Internet, and, yes,  even here on AIDSmeds.com.     
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline mecch

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 06:07:54 am »
Oh please Barbie and Ken.

So many gay Ken dolls believe they look ten years younger and this happens from the age 30 on.  The smoke and mirrors are "effective" only from 35 to 50ish in my opinion.  30 year old Kens who think they look 20 are deluded.  But I've met "convincing" 20-something 35 year olds.  45-ish but with the allure of a still "young man", OK, we can go there but it starts to get shady.  The "I look years younger" is best retired from 45-60 in my opinion.  Mothballed as it were.  Then you can take that act out on the road once again after 60 - such as the incredibly tight and young in spirit athletic types, it works again quite well.

As for Barbies, its rather similar to the Kens, for "10 years younger".  But between 45 and 60 it gets unsettling, e.g. Demi Moore territory.  Then again it becomes convincing after 60 or 70, with or without surgery, makeup and age appropriate clothing.  Jane Fonda - good.  Cher "ageless" - this is a special category.

"Ageless" is best left to the females - entertainment superstars, society doyennes, and politicians.  "Ageless" men - i really can't think of any.  

Betty White's still Hot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcitkCQ3F-U&feature=player_embedded#!

Anyhoo, back to the TOPIC THREAD.  Feeling your age isn't necessarily related to how your look.  (Sometimes it is!)  

Also its not a downer.

Around 50 i guess one finally sees the several generations of adults that are younger and the several generations that are older!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:30:25 am by mecch »

Offline Theyer

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 04:44:48 pm »
When the night duty doctor still has zits.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 07:07:15 pm »
I felt old when I learned WillyWump was a grandfather.

::)

Anyways...I started feeling old when my doctor started saying things such as "When people your age..." or "As we age..."

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 07:11:27 pm »

::)

Anyways...I started feeling old when my doctor started saying things such as "When people your age..." or "As we age..."

-Will

Will -
you may want to check out the pic that my contact in San Antonio took of you jogging today in the "I Jogged Today" thread..... further proof of "you know you're old when..."
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline poz91

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2011, 11:54:48 am »
The IMDB birthday listings make me feel old...

...whenever I see child stars turning 30/40/50 years old

...whenever I see the men I lusted after in my teens turning 80

...when I don't know who the heck the young whippersnapper b'day celebrities are

...when I'm the exact same age as some horribly wrinkled celebrity

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 03:51:22 pm »
you feel rather paternal about your doctors
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 09:25:21 pm »
...you try to send a text message from your rotary dial phone.

:D
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline wolfter

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 07:40:03 am »
...you try to send a text message from your rotary dial phone.

:D

Or if this was your first cell phone ;D

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 08:01:51 am »
Uh. When my older son turned 40 in June. Ouch.

And when I don't even recognize the names and faces of most so-called celebrities  and maybe worse, don't even care.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:04:06 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 08:06:03 am »

When you start using magic in a bottle:

Specifically #41
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 09:08:25 am »
Uh. When my older son turned 40 in June. Ouch.

When I realised a couple months ago that if I had carried my first pregnancy to term, he or she would have had their 32nd birthday in late August or early September. Ouch indeed.

It made me feel old too when I also realised that if I'd carried my third pregnancy to term, he or she would have been coming up on their 14th birthday in late October or early November. Yep, that's right, I got pregnant and hiv poz within months of each other. Scary thought.

I got to calculating these dates when I discovered a young friend of mine, who I have watched grow up, (she'll turn 20 on my birthday in November) is expecting her first on our birthday. That made me feel old too.

My daughter (24 y/o, my only full-term pregnancy) is now a fully accredited school teacher - so that made me feel old too. I think I'll have to get the zimmer frame out when she gives me grandchildren. :D Gee, I'm feeling old these days!

Where does the time go? It seems like only yesterday I was fresh-faced, wide-eyed and setting foot in NYC for the time. I'll be 49 in November - and the sun in my bathroom this morning showed me just how salt-and-pepper my hair has been getting lately.

In my head I'm still about 16 or so, but stuff outside my head keeps telling me otherwise.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Theyer

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 09:58:07 am »
When you fall asleep on the toilet, again.
t

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 12:22:07 pm »
When you fall asleep on the toilet, again.
t

tis the sedatives, darling... you can never have enough hats, gloves and pills

Otherwise for me it was the year some skinny jeans hipster barista referred to me as "sir"
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:26:29 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2011, 06:33:16 pm »
Hmmm, where to I begin . . .

When I realized I could walk into a bar, strip naked, set myself on fire and do cartwheels, and nobody would notice.

When I realized my AARP card is coming up for renewal.

When I mention those celebrities who identify gaydom are Streisand, Midler and Garland, and someone said, 'Who?"

When the only celebrity I recognize in the fan mags at the grocery store is Brad Pitt, whom I still think is a sexy young man.

HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:35:21 pm by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2011, 07:29:00 pm »
When my grandson reminded me it's only 6 weeks until his daughter (my great granddaughter) will be arriving...my second great grand child~~~sigh~~~

Aroha

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011, 07:33:22 pm »
When my grandson reminded me it's only 6 weeks until his daughter (my great granddaughter) will be arriving...my second great grand child~~~sigh~~~

Aroha

Does everyone in your family give birth when they're 15? So much for family planning for the Scots.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mecch

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2011, 07:35:07 pm »
Something weird happened with distance between me and the college age generation. When I was in my late thirties, none of them treated me as Dad-aged though I guess I was. They used to ask me out drinking (not that I accepted).  And now I'm older than their dads and it's only been 10 years! For that set, I guess one day youre kinda still young and the next your really kinda old!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:43:04 pm by mecch »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, 07:58:56 pm »
Does everyone in your family give birth when they're 15? So much for family planning for the Scots.

18 dear heart 18.

Aroha

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2011, 08:16:50 pm »
You know your old when you wake up in the morning look in the minor and ask yourself  " who is this old man staring back @ you" and what happened to my youthful good looks, then you walk away, and can feel your old bones grinding down every time you take the next step, then you take a breath and say to yourself "well I wasn't suppose to live this long w/ teh AIDS, but hey, I'm still here and alive, might as well make the best of it"  ;)

Edited for missing words & spellings  :D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:25:48 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.