Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:17:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 365
Total: 366

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Threesome, Negative, Testing & Symptoms - What I did was Serisously Stupid  (Read 8997 times)

Offline Tabitha

Hello, everyone I am new here(Female).  I am not sure if I am posting in the correct place, if not please accept my apologies.  My situation is as follows.  I had unprotected sex 7 weeks ago.  All sexual activity took place same night on October 8, 2006.  There was a threesome that took place.  I had vaginal/anal sex with three men.  All three men HIV status has already been disclosed with proof to me following the incident and there status is negative recent paperwork October 2006.  Man #1 vaginal/anal sex took place.  With Man #1 all activity unprotected, status is HIV negative saw recent paperwork, we attempted anal sex 1st and then he removed himself and then I proceeded to give him oral and then it was followed to the vagina.  There was no ejaculation maybe pre-cum.  Man #2 is HIV Negative saw paperwork, but had an exposure last year and tested for a year, also showed paperwork same month we had sex.  We started off with a condom and he ejaculated inside the condom and went to clean himself up and then came back to me and put himself inside without a condom for 3 to 5 minutes with no ejaculation.  He withdrew put on a condom and proceeded again with sex.  He ejaculated into the condom and was done.  Man #3 all sexual activity unprotected, status is HIV negative saw recent paperwork.  We had vaginal sex only and no ejaculation maybe pre-cum.  2 days after the sexual activity got a rash near nose, 3rd day had a slight run from the nose, 4th day woke up with a stuffy nose couldn't breath, 5th day slight soar throat and Fever of 101" and chills, very soar, throbbing and stiff neck on one side(still present).  Went to the doctor 3 weeks after on (November 1, 2006) diagnosed me with a Urinary Tract infection and a sinus infection and took a HIV test(Blood) that came back negative.  Also tested for all other sexually transmitted diseases.  Put me on antibiotics for both infections.  Started having long bouts of diarreah, and continued fever for 2 weeks while taking the medication.  Completed the medication.  I went back and got tested recently on (November 28, 2006) Orasure(oral) test came back negative.  I am currently in my 7th week of testing negative.  I am so scare right now eventhough everyone has tested negative.  I last tested negative in May 2006 and has had no unprotected risky encounters until October 2006 which I also tested along with the others and we all show paper work of being negative.  Now I am just really scared that HIV has manifested itself inside of me by me having unprotected(no ejaculation) probably pre-cum with 3 different men and also in turn me getting sick 2 to 5 days after the sexual encounter and still feeling horrible in the 7th week.  Only Man #3 got sick at the same time as I was with a cold.  Man #1 had a cold a week prior.  Evaluating my situation I and everyone has tested negative is there anyway the HIV Infection could have created within me because I was the recepitor during the sexual activity?  Please help me and give me some insight.  Please anyone?  You all really give straight forward answers.  Thank you could you please help me  :'(.  Thanks     

« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 08:16:40 pm by Tabitha »

Offline RapidRod

Re: Threesome, Negative, Testing & Symptoms - Just plain stupid & now Scared
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 03:06:29 pm »
Since you haven't read the "Welcome" tread at the top of the page. Go back and read the lessons of transmission. You didn't state when the others received their results. You don't know that they haven't had unprotected sex with other people since there test so their test is meaningless to you. You tested negative at seven weeks and eventhough it is not a conclusive test I don't see it changing when you go test at 12/13 weeks. Always use protections and you can prevent these worries.

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 03:13:44 pm »
Thanks.  They all were tested the same month in October 2006.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 03:19:57 pm »
Which does not tell you a thing. Unless you tested the same day with them and you know they haven't had any unprotected prior to several weeks before their test and non after their test then their testing means nothing to you. Since you put yourself at risk test at the 12/13 week timeline and collect your conclusive result.

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 03:22:02 pm »
Yes sir.  Thank you  :'(

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 04:12:25 pm »
What Rod said...

Just to add a few more vowels to the situation.....
Your test at 7 weeks is a very very good indicator of your ultimate status. 

But:  let's say you had another encouter at 4 weeks....and it was negative.  That doesn't mean you really are negative.  That's the situation with these men.  Their test result is non-conclusive unless you can guarantee they had no exposures 13 weeks before you.

To consent to sex without condom use, is to accept the possibility of acquiring a sexually transmitted disease.  Some are curable, some are not. 

Condom use is your decision and your right to insist upon. 

Have whatever fun you want sexually, just use a condom, you really don't want any STD.

Unprotected sex is for mutually committed and monogamous relationships.

Be careful.

Meh.

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 04:55:00 pm »
Thank you so much.  Yes, I realize I put myself at an awful risk.  I am very sure about Man #1 and Man #3 being negative.  But I am not sure about Man #2.  I just want to know if all three men are truly negative, what are my chances?  Does HIV form just because I slept with all three men at the same time and everyone is truly negative.  I know for sure that I was truly negative before the encounter.  But would HIV just manifest on its on just because I had sex with three people at the same time.  There was no ejaculation amongst the three men.  Maybe pre-seminal fluid.  I know that it can be in those fluids.  With me getting sick so early (4) days, would I have at least shown some HIV antibodies by the 7th week.   Please, Please, Respond?  Thank you PLEASE RESPOND ANYONE, PLEASE.......
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 05:05:32 pm by Tabitha »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 04:58:28 pm »
How many people you had unprotected sex with does increase your chances by three fold. Condoms would have prevent all of this.

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 05:07:36 pm »
Yes sir, I understand that.  So HIV manifests on its own, with no one known to be HIV positive.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 05:31:20 pm »
Most people don't know their status and the only way for you to get infected is for one of them to be HIV positive. HIV just doesn't manifest itself.

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 05:42:48 pm »
Thank you, and I understand there isn't much I can do about it at this point but stay hopeful that everything is okay with me and with them.  Just trying to stay encouraged.  Thanks again Rapid Rod.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 07:39:39 pm »
But would HIV just manifest on its on just because I had sex with three people at the same time.

Tab,

NO! Hiv does NOT "manifest on its own". It's a virus and a virus does not just appear out of thin air. You have to have unprotected intercourse with a person who has the hiv virus living in their body in order for you to become infected. Hiv does not "manifest" just because you've had a threesome. Hiv is NOT a punishment! It's a virus.

If you rely on men showing you a piece of paper that says they are negative instead of using condoms, you are going to end up hiv positive. Unless you are in a securely monogamous relationship with that person, don't trust a piece of paper. A piece of paper is easy to forge.

Please, protect yourself. Some men will say anything to get into your knickers... and even more so to get you to do a threesome. Please, protect yourself and make sure the guy is using a condom - and check out the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can be sure they are using them correctly.

Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever. Remember that.

The good news for you is that most people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks. Your test result is not likely to change, but you must confirm that negative result at three months.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 07:54:24 pm »
Thanks Ann for you response.  That's one of the things that's freaking me out is that I was the reciptor and eventhough they all were are supposely HIV negative, I am thinking I am the one that's going to harbor the disease and a HIV positive will be created from that experience because everyone inserted me  :'(.  All three are declaring HIV negative and willing to test with me throughout the 3 to 6 months.  Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 07:57:10 pm by Tabitha »

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 08:05:01 pm »
Also what worries me is that I came down with a sinus infection, slight soar throat 5 days afterwards and then everything else started to happen.   :'(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 08:08:07 pm »
Symptoms or the lack of, is no way to diagnosis HIV. Symptoms mean nothing, zilch, notta. HIV has no specific symptoms.

Offline Tabitha

Thanks.  But it freaks me out reading different things online that my symptoms fall into the timeline of occurence and HIV symptoms.  Thanks again  :'(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Tab,

Your symptoms do not fall into the timeline nor are they anything like usual symptoms of primary hiv infection. The symptoms, if they happen at all (some people have NO symptoms) are flu-like, not like a headcold or sinus infection. If symptoms do happen it normally takes two to four weeks. One week is too quick.

As I already said to you, your result is not likely to change. If you had been infected it would most likely have shown on your last test - especially if your illness had anything at all to do with hiv.

All things considered, it looks like you got away with it this time. All you need now is the final confirmation at three months - you do NOT need to test again at six months. Three months is enough.

I'm fully expecting your three month test to also be negative. You should too.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Tabitha

Thanks Ann, for the encouraging advice  :'(  . 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.