Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:50:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 676
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 655
Total: 655

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A Victory in theLTD Arena!...And A specail thanks to Em, Hermie and Eric  (Read 4230 times)

Offline Jeffreyj

Hey All,
Great news, I won my lawsuit vs. my Long-term Disability carrier. It's nice to know that if you fight back, and get a good lawyer, you can on occasion get some good results.
Thanks to everyone who suggested to "get legal help". I can't tell you how many times I just wanted to toss in the towel. I am so glad I fought back. I urge anyone who is getting Fucked over to hire a lawyer immediately. In my case, I was able to work out a contingency deal. It work out for all parties involved. It took ME over 50 phone calls, emails etc. I almost gave up. But finally I found a cool lawyer(A "COOL" lawyer??? LOL Yes it's true.)

I wrote some more in the living section if you are interested:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=23691.0

I hope this can be a friendly reminder to NEVER GIVE UP, even if it looks bad. I am so glad I put all of the work to get this lawyer it really paid off. This was a private disability case so it was kind of tricky to find a lawyer who would take my case. WHEW>>>>What a relief!

Thanks again for all who gave me the support and love during this most difficult time, Gemini 20,the lovely Emma; Heart foryou, the awesome Hermie who is one the most caring men in the world, and LIFE, My very dear friend from the Rockies of Colorado. I'm not sure I could have made it though this year of hell without you three. I love all three of you from the bottom of my heart.

With thanks and love,
Jeffrey
Positive since 1985

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
Re: A Victory in theLTD Arena!...And A specail thanks to Em, Hermie and Eric
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 06:36:07 am »
Jeff...

You were only given back what you have given...

I am so proud.....

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 07:07:21 am »
Congrats Jeff. Lawsuits are so intense. Hope you plan to celebrate a tad. Different Em, but no less sincere.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 10:51:08 am »
iI want to be honest with you Jeffery, I personally never thought you would pull it off, but I am so very glad you did.  Usually private disability cases are a lost cause, but fortunately you are the wrong person to fuck with and you obviously stuck it out and made this happen for yourself.  You are certainly one of the most amazing people I have ever met and I am thrilled to know you.

So glad this finally worked out, because nobody in your circumstances ever deserves to be cut off.  You go!
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 10:56:10 pm »
Thanks emeraldize, heartforyou....for the kind words. And Moff!!! Nice to see you back! Tim, you are a great guy yourself, i'm so glad to see you have returned!

Yeah I was doubting things after the twelve month point. But damn it sure was scary thinking I would lose. I am so very grateful.

I'll never take money for granted, that's for sure. I learned the value of the dollar the hard way.

Positive since 1985

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.