Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:52:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773295
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 604
Total: 604

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Hello routine question.  (Read 18898 times)

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
Hello routine question.
« on: June 06, 2020, 05:26:51 pm »
Hello everyone , thank you for letting me join the forum. I have a lot of questions , but I first want to talk about what I am going through right now I have come to the point where I have to avoid protected vaginal and anal sex and just receive oral sex. Idk how this paranoia/ phobia came to me out of nowhere, The problem right now is that every sexual encounter afterwards I have to analyze or ask myself if the condom broke ?but If the condom broke I would notice right? but what if there was tiny holes on the condom? what if there was blood from the other person? but if it was visible I would notice but what if it was just un visible that I couldn’t notice the blood? Now I’ve read a lot of the posts on this forum have helped me a lot. I know there are a lot of theoretical ways we can think of a HIV infection risk but I want to know what do you recommend? I’ve always used condoms when it comes to anal and vaginal sex. So do I keep myself just focused on the known proved ways someone can be infected ? Like unprotected sex, sharing drug injections , getting stabbed? And just stop wasting my time obsessing with all these theoretical ways that never or rarely happen? Because the risk is there ? Is just that we never seen it happened. And I have to always be careful and worried. And I’m tired of always analyzing every time I have vaginal and oral sex and this has also ruined my life by worrying when hooking up, using the bathroom , getting haircuts etc. thank you so much for answering my questions

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello routine question.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 05:47:48 pm »
Firstly, everything in life is a risk, so what matters is that every person understands how to manage risk assessment.

In terms of the HIV, here's a good place to start:

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-transmission-risks

Remember, there is no such thing as "safe sex."  But there is "safer sex."  Practice it properly, and it is very unlikely that you will contract the HIV (from sex).

If you have anxiety issues, it is best to seek assistance from your healthcare provider, to help you separate rational anxiety from irrational anxiety.  Perhaps some cognitive therapy would help you deal with any problems you may have with anxiety.

If you always properly use condoms for vaginal and anal sex, your chances of contracting the HIV is about as close to zero as possible.

Condoms are designed to shred if they are damaged or broken, so there is no reason for you to fret after the fact:  you would know it if your condom failed.

Finally, you can always test for HIV-antibodies, if you are in situations where your anxiety gets the best of you, to assure yourself that you remain negative for HIV-antibodies.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 06:29:09 pm »
Thank you I agree. Now with the last question do I focus on the actual proved risks. Or do you think these theoretical risks should be taken in mind? I mean yeah I know I should becareful always But I have come to the point were these theoretical risks are becoming a worry everytime I hook up.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 07:26:31 pm »
I think Ptrk has already answered this.

Focus on your real risks, so practice safer sex, don't share drug rigs/syringes.

Getting stabbed is an issue for many things, it's not a realistic HIV concern though. Using the bathroom and getting your haircut is not an HIV concern.

Sorry to hear about this ongoing fear/phobia but if these irrational fears keep worsening regarding never before happened events then consider speaking to a therapist. 

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV going forward.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as safe in terms of HIV might still pose a risk for transmission of other far easier to acquire STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM, I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 08:05:37 pm »
My recent exposure I hooked up with a sex worker I received oral sex Fellatio and everything was okay but I left my face mask and sweater on her massage bed which I’m thinking was dirty and at the end when I left I had to put on my face mask and I have a worry that I could of gotten semen or blood on my face mask from a previous guy who saw her and maybe infected myself through the nose or eyes. I know I maybe sound irrational for this worry but yea and I also was worried when I received the oral sex btw she put on a condom. And what happened was I felt a liquid from her mouth which most likely was saliva because I don’t recall seeing blood but yeah I’m worried if blood hit my wounds and burn blisters I had at the time on my arms and hand but for sure it hit my wounds and burn blisters. Now if this was to happen again in the future with vaginal fluids , blood  hitting my wounds or burn blisters should I worry ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 08:16:28 pm »
I read your last post three times.

No HIV risk from this event whatsoever, none!
HIV is simply not transmitted the way you fear, move on with your life.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 11:59:50 pm »
Thank you for helping me answering my questions. So regardless of blood, semen or vaginal fluids etc hitting wounds, cuts, blisters etc is not really a risk? This is what has made me avoid vaginal and anal sex. And I always been a person to use condom. So like you said just focus on always wearing condoms and focusing on the realistic proved ways hiv can be a risk ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 02:33:20 am »
Correct.

Practice safer sex, don't share drug rigs/syringes.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2020, 05:18:14 pm »
I went to go get tested std and hiv at the clinic and when I went in the room there was fresh blood on the floor and I told the nurse and he cleaned up the blood with the Clorox wipes but now I am worried that when he poked me when taking out my blood with the needle/ Syringe there was blood from the other person in the needle Because he didn’t change his gloves or maybe got some blood from the other person in his skin. I’m I at risk or is HIV fragile once exposed to air/oxygen?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 05:31:21 pm »
You had no HIV risk.

Not changing his gloves if that even happened is not an HIV issue regardless of what they pricked you with.

I am sorry you keep having these fears, if you continue to feel this way then perhaps you should consider talking to a therapist to help you overcome this HIV angst.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2020, 06:12:55 pm »
I’m tired of this it has made me live in fear and overthink a lot, thanks for answering my questions Jim I will try my best to stop this fears.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2020, 06:18:55 pm »
You're welcome.

Look sorry to hear how this irrational fear impacting your life. However, it's not something you have to face alone, talk to your doctors or a therapist about your fears so they can help you to manage them.

Take care.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2020, 10:04:16 pm »
Jim last question with what happened at the clinic I need to hear it from you? Do I move on ? Hiv is fragile when out a persons body?

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2020, 10:08:26 pm »
Before I stop replying I wanna thank you again Jim thanks. I’m done I will stop replying take care.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2020, 02:34:43 am »
You had no HIV risk from the clinic, move on with your life.

You had no HIV risk.

Not changing his gloves if that even happened is not an HIV issue regardless of what they pricked you with.

I am sorry you keep having these fears, if you continue to feel this way then perhaps you should consider talking to a therapist to help you overcome this HIV angst.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2020, 02:41:43 pm »
Hello. I have a question I know I been told before to seek help with a professional because of anxiety. But I recently blacked out when drinking alcohol I remember some events that happened i did not black out for the whole night But I always find a reason to test every month or 2 months and I know that’s not how is got to be. Now I have this worry that I should of taken PEP, but if someone would of taken advantage of me while blacked out wouldn’t I have felt it the next day? I’m heterosexual and never being a receiver through anal so I know for sure if something would of happened I would of felt soreness or pain waking up the next day. Now my question is, is it recommended to take PEP after a alcohol black out night? Or I’m i just overthinking?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2020, 02:45:52 pm »
You're overthinking this.

If you had told me you went home with a guy and passed out during sex I would say sure maybe consider PEP.

However, passing out from being out on the piss in 99.99% of the cases does not require PEP. I'll spare you the drink less speech.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2020, 02:57:36 pm »
Thanks Jim for always being there answering my questions. I think is the fear of me blacking out having no memory scares me and I’m always just thinking what if someone took advantage of me or had a quickie with me. Etc but is true I’m just overthinking creating all these what if this what if that....

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2020, 03:01:13 pm »
You're welcome.

The merry-go-round of testing you mentioned is also obviously not a helpful coping strategy. It's out of kindness when I say, if you continue to feel this way then perhaps  consider talking to a therapist to help you overcome this HIV angst.

Best, Jim

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2020, 03:07:52 pm »
Yes I’m always testing once a month or once every 2 months. So what do you recommend me to do? I always use condoms with every woman I hook up with. Should I test every 3 months? Is that fine or is that also too much ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2020, 03:17:06 pm »
Look, it's great you have access to care that you can test more often.

However, considering even testing causes you angst and, you are engaging only in vaginal intercourse using condoms, testing once a year out of routine would be fine.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2020, 03:27:55 pm »
Thank you so much Jim that’s True, I was testing to much that it was causing anxiety.
Now last thing. I’m not an alcoholic but obviously when having a great time with friends , bar, club etc. I sometimes black out I know In general we should all be careful with blacking out and is very embarrassing doing goofy things while intoxicated , but in the future if this happens again should I stop worrying about Hiv and not get obsessed with PEP? Or like you said unless I have real evidence, (like waking up next to someone ) then do get PEP? But yes I will do my best not to drink so fast again till I Black out.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2020, 03:32:59 pm »
Hiya,

My previous answer already answers this.

You're overthinking this.

If you had told me you went home with a guy and passed out during sex I would say sure maybe consider PEP.

However, passing out from being out on the piss in 99.99% of the cases does not require PEP. I'll spare you the drink less speech.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2020, 03:36:05 pm »
Thank you Jim.  I will do my best to relax with this anxiety thank you have a great day.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2020, 03:55:38 pm »
You're welcome.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2020, 02:15:03 pm »
Hello Jim how you been? New question. But first I want to tell you I been able to control my anxious mind a little bit better. But my question after hooking up vaginal sex with condom on, do I need to check condom everytime after each hook up,if it’s in good condition or if it’s broken ? I been trying to hook up more with women I’ve met lately but I don’t know, my mind finds new fears to avoid hook ups. And sex is an important part of life and nature. What do I do.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2020, 05:04:58 pm »
Hiya,

No need or way to check condoms. HIV can't transmit through an intact latex or polyurethane condom. If a condom fails during the act of intercourse it's obvious. There is no reason to be stressing or testing outside of standard routine as long as this obvious issue did not happen.

Best, Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2020, 06:03:33 pm »
Okay thank you Jim. Are SKYN Condoms good to use polyisoprene?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2020, 10:57:57 pm »
Yes.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2020, 11:32:18 am »
One more question Jim since sucking a woman’s breasts is a habit to me. Is There a risk if she has milk because you know how some women have milk in their breasts, regardless if breastfeeding or not, some women have milk I don’t know why. But yea would it be a risk if I have open cuts inside mouth and lip cuts and cold sores etc ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2020, 11:36:20 am »
No HIV risk to you whatsoever, the condition of your mouth would be totally irrelevant.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2020, 11:41:16 am »
Same for giving unprotected oral sex analingus and cunnilingus to woman?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2020, 11:53:15 am »
So much for one more question ... ::)

Look about women lactating for whatever reason, the only time it's a concern is if you are a breastfeeding infant, as it's ingested by the infant in quantity who have underdeveloped tissue and immune systems. The entire mechanics of breastfeeding HIV transmission means at its peak for an infant via oral digestion with their underdeveloped immune system, and developing tissue the transmission is about 0.00064 per litre of breast milk ingested

You, on the other hand, are an adult, you also did not ingest a litre of fluid, your saliva is hostile towards HIV, you have an adult immune system and your mouth generally lacks the cells (route) for HIV to infect, not that it matters.  So you do not even have a 0.00064 risk per litre, you had none, not even theoretical, simply no HIV risk.  Now I could go on but I think you get the picture

Same for giving unprotected oral sex analingus and cunnilingus to woman?

No HIV risk to you either.

To avoid more "oral" questions, let's keep this simple. The only oral sex that would be any risk to you is if you give a guy a blowjob, and even that would be such a minute risk that it would not warrant testing outside of standard yearly screening.

Stop asking oral HIV questions!

Best, Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2020, 12:05:58 pm »
Thank you my friend Jim, have a great day.

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2020, 04:22:46 pm »
Hey Jim? I’m overthinking, just please explain to me, so regardless if I have open cuts, sores etc inside my mouth or lips there is no risk for my mouth?  when I go Down on a woman cunnilingus or anus, or sucking breasts /nipples, but let’s say it’s blood my mouth gets exposed to? Like you said is not like I’m drinking swallowing a liter or gallon of these fluids. This will be the last time I ask these oral questions Jim. I’ll get out of overthinking and stop talking about this oral sex topic thank you.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2020, 04:43:23 pm »
To avoid more "oral" questions, let's keep this simple. The only oral sex that would be any risk to you is if you give a guy a blowjob, and even that would be such a minute risk that it would not warrant testing outside of standard yearly screening.

Stop asking oral HIV questions!

If you keep asking about things that have already been answered and/or seeking new never before happened ways for HIV to transmit it's going to lead to a ban.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2020, 04:51:30 pm »
Is just I’m tired of after a hook up always analyzing if I had tasted blood in my mouth. Or If I had open cuts at the time. My overthinking is real bad. I will stop with this oral topic. Thank you my friend Jim.

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2021, 07:43:34 pm »
Hey Jim, how you been? I did control my anxiety with all the overthinking I was doing. I want to thank you once again. I recently went for a insti hiv finger prick test. I read from the questions you’ve answered even if the lancet is used again, there is no risk. Now my only question is does it matter what type of lancet for example how some lancets the needle sticks out and some different lancet that look like pens the needle sticks out when poking and then goes back inside , Is all this no risk ? The type of lancet does not matter ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2021, 11:19:34 pm »
The type does not matter, for several reasons, it's not an HIV risk to you.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2021, 01:45:52 pm »
Okay, I was overthinking if I got poked with a used lancet with blood from another person.

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2021, 01:49:38 pm »
So just keep it the same? Focus on not having unprotected sex and no sharing syringes ? No what if’s and no overthinking of new ways.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2021, 02:15:54 pm »
Yup. Use condoms, don't share syringes, test yearly out of routine.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2021, 10:33:07 pm »
Hey Jim. I got 2 questions I am a little confused.
 1. If a used syringe has someone else’s blood only in the needle part and barrel syringe body has no blood let’s say that part is new, does air oxygen enter through the needle part and there is no risk if injecting ?
2. Almost the same question here let’s say the syringe body the barrel part  is used and have someone else’s blood now injecting like this, is a risk right? Because the barrel keeps it in a same temperature? Oxygen is not able to enter the barrel part of the syringe? I ask because I don’t really understand the injecting risk is a little confusing.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2021, 03:27:28 am »
In short, the reason sharing syringes is a blood risk is it's directly injecting a quantity of blood (backwash) into the bloodstream that has been short term stored in what is in essence a vacuum.

I'm not going to get deeper into the how and what of sharing syringes. My advice is simple if you are using drugs avoid sharing sharps, test frequently.

A sharp object, needle, lancet or pin as examples on the other hand are nothing like this, there is no backwash stored in a vacuum and no more than a drop of blood that is exposed to the environment. This is also why a discarded syringe in the community setting has never resulted in HIV transmission.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 03:29:46 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2021, 02:41:51 pm »
Okay I get it now, lately I been feeling like is my obligation to check if everything is perfect at the clinic or hospital when I get std tested. And it gets me anxious I was doing good out of nowhere is like I have to check the room, tables etc,  and I get worried if medical professionals makes a mistake or unprofessional behavior while taking out blood for tests or when getting vaccines. You know what I mean?.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2021, 02:48:11 pm »
Look try to relax.

I am sorry to read that you have these ongoing fears. If you keep having these concerns you may want to consider talking to someone like a therapist (Covid permitting) to help you cope.

Just use condoms, consider PrEP, don't share drug rigs/syringes and test yearly for STI's & HIV.

Jim.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2021, 02:54:16 pm »
Jim thank you for always answering my questions. Is time to stop this fears and all the overthinking.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2021, 03:21:46 pm »
You're welcome.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2021, 08:10:10 am »
Hey Jim how you been? I have a question for you. I got totally blackout drunk Sunday night/ Monday midnight black out for like 4 or 5 hours. Yes I know I for sure have a problem with alcohol I can’t stop drinking once Im having a good time. So what happened is my friend told me I approached sex workers but he told me I didn’t do anything with them. He said they left I did not have sexual intercourse. Now I have no memory of anything that happened that night. Just to make sure you wouldn’t recommend me getting Pep right?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2021, 08:28:23 am »
Hiya.

Well PEP would have to start within 72 hours of any possible exposure. You said Sunday, so I suspect you are already past it that timeframe.

I got totally blackout drunk Sunday night/ Monday midnight black out for like 4 or 5 hours. Yes I know I for sure have a problem with alcohol I can’t stop drinking once Im having a good time. So what happened is my friend told me I approached sex workers but he told me I didn’t do anything with them.

You also can't recall any sex, but if you suspect you had condomless intercourse then test to know your HIV status.  Not much more I can say as you can't tell me what happened.

Test with a blood-drawn HIV antibodies test at 6 weeks, a negative result at that time will rarely ever change. Now although not needed, if you wish you can re-test at 3 months, for a conclusive result and peace of mind.

I'll spare you the speech about alcohol.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2021, 11:01:08 am »
You’ve told me that being passed out / blackout doesn’t really require testing. I just read that in the past posts. Everytime I blackout or get drunk I always have a worry to get pep or get tested. I think this has to do with my ocd and making my thinking irrational. It’s come to the point were I can’t trust anyone that was by me when I blacked out. Honestly I do need some therapy Help. Ocd is ruining my life. You’ve helped me by answering my questions so many times. And I’m still here having these fears and doubts. My drunk nights were so fun back then. But now is all about what if a guy took advantage of me or what if I hooked up with a random woman. I’m at a point I just want to give up. I hate ocd. I’m tired. I’m sorry Jim if I keep coming back with these questions.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2021, 11:22:46 am »
To be blunt, the problem is you blackout due to excessive drinking. Afterwards, you worry and stress "what ifs" as you don't know what you did.  Sounds like super fun, I don't think so!

If you want to avoid having blackout and, as a result, these concerns afterwards about what you may have done, then stop putting yourself through this and if you can't stop and you want to stop seek help.

Here is the thing, I can't give you better assessments when you don't know what happened and I don't do "what ifs". So, if you suspect you had intercourse, get tested to know your HIV status.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2021, 03:39:21 pm »
Jim I want to thank you. I now admit alcohol is a problem for me. I will need to work on this. Thanks.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2021, 02:43:46 pm »
You're welcome.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2021, 04:28:25 pm »
Hey Jim are Insti Finger Prick tests good at 6 weeks ? Antibody rapid tests

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2021, 04:50:40 pm »
With rapid tests rule of thumb is to just test at 3 months otherwise get a lab run antibodies test at 6 weeks.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2021, 09:08:54 pm »
Hey Jim. I wanted to ask you why do people judge sex workers? Do you think hooking up with them is bad?  I met a lot of cool women and so unique and nice women I’d never thought I’ll meet but I thought about it and this is where my obsession of testing very often started. Because of people talking of sex workers like it is bad. I’m not telling you I have an addiction to sex workers but it is an individual’s  responsibility to practice safe sex. What’s your opinion on this? I’m just sharing this with you because I wanted to see what you think. Sometimes people judge for no reason. It doesn’t matter who you hook up with regardless of a sex worker or not  what matters is what we are doing to have safe sex. I been so stressed about what people think. I am done with their judging it’s caused me so much anxiety to the point of testing almost once every month. I don’t care anymore. And thank you for helping and educating us on testing and practicing safe sex.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2021, 03:52:19 am »
Like it or not, there are plenty of things you do that people judge, walking down the street some people will be judging you in one way or another. You just don't realize and for everything else you have to decide if you are going to give a damn or not.

Personally, I truly don't give a damn what people think about me, their judgments or opinions of me hold no value or weight in my life.

Now If you must know, I am entirely for legalizing sex work, but my opinion about sex work does not matter, and to be blunt I am not your therapist.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 09:14:24 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2021, 10:59:37 am »
Hey Jim how are you?I’m back dating I’m more relaxed anxiety no more a problem. I have a question lately I been so into putting my tongue inside woman’s vagina and obviously oral sex on vagina. And I stay using condom when having vaginal sex. But with the vaginal oral sex my mind is making me overthink. But I know you answered this before there is no hiv risk.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2021, 11:46:31 am »
Read your post three times.

Continue to use condoms for any intercourse, consider PrEP and as you are sexually active test out of routine at least yearly for HIV and far easier to acquire STI's.

Not much more I can say.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2021, 12:04:13 pm »
I always use condoms for vaginal and anal sex. Just my question was do I move on and keep on with my life and not worry about putting my tongue inside vagina oral sex ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2021, 12:22:01 pm »
Relax, move on with your life
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2021, 12:27:35 pm »
Thank you Jim. Have a good day talk to you later.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2021, 10:01:27 pm »
You're welcome.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2021, 07:21:28 pm »
I know not worry about vaginal fluids But is it possible to reach cervix fluid with tongue ? I ask because sometimes i feel g spot with tongue or when I finger?  Or is cervix fluid way out of reach from tongue and fingering ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2021, 05:43:44 am »
The short answers to these questions are either no or it's not a concern.

You are overthinking things. I've already provided an assessment over the activities you posted. Nothing you think up next is going to change the assessment unless you engaged in activities not mentioned here.

Relax, move on with your life

Continue to use condoms for any intercourse, consider PrEP and as you are sexually active test out of routine at least yearly for HIV and far easier to acquire STI's.

Not much more I can say.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2021, 08:50:22 am »
Right when I was overthinking of what if I had cuts in my tongue also. Okay Jim I’ll stop with the questions on this oral sex topic, thank you have a good day.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2021, 10:23:42 am »
You're welcome.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2023, 09:06:37 am »
Hey Jim how are you ? Want to ask you if there is a risk? I got into a fight were there was a lot of blood from the other person on my clothes and skin and face. My question is, should I be worried about his blood and the amount of blood if it got inside my eyes ?

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2023, 09:41:31 am »
HIV doesn't survive the conditions of being outside of a body and exposed to air. You did not have an HIV risk in this situation.

Have a great day,
Michael

Reducing Your HIV risks:
With no exceptions, use condoms correctly and consistently for anal or vaginal intercourse
Talk to a healthcare provider about PrEP as another layer of protection

Get tested yearly for HIV and other STIs.
If you don’t use condoms and/or PrEP, test more frequently

Some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other more easily acquired STIs. It is possible to show no signs or symptoms from an STI so testing is the only way to know.

Get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

What’s the ONLY way to know if you’ve been infected by HIV or an STI?
Get tested.

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2023, 02:02:55 pm »
Okay. I shouldn’t worry if his blood got in my eyes or a deep cut ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2023, 02:51:44 pm »
Asked and answered already.

Move on with your life
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hulkmania

• Standard
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2023, 09:02:05 am »
We were fighting and also into each others face with his blood all over the place. Jim my last question is regardless of what happens or risks I think I have gotten into. Just test when is unprotected sex and if sharing syringes if use of drugs ? Those are the two risks we really have to go and test right ? Is there other risks and behaviors I should beware to go get tested? And I always go test  once or twice a year for physical check ups.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2023, 02:56:27 pm »
Unprotected anal/vaginal sex is an HIV risk. Sharing syringes, which pulls someone's blood in and is then injected into someone else, is an HIV risk.

However HIV is a fragile virus and doesn't survive the conditions of being outside of a body and exposed to air. Fighting with blood flying around is not a risk for HIV; but it's definitely a risk for being hurt.

Test at your regular check-ups and consider PreP.

Of course, this is just been the same answer as you've gotten from us already. ;) Time to move on from this situation.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.